It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Libs of TikTok
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This is why we have to do it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Why would John Deere implement "woke" policies to begin with? How many combines are they selling to progressive democrats in major urban cities?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Franky T wrote:
Why would John Deere implement "woke" policies to begin with? How many combines are they selling to progressive democrats in major urban cities?

It's not just their market. It's becoming a business decision. Financing isn't free and unless you do things like this, or have a record of doing things like this, the idea is that your credit score would drop, costing millions.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:
Franky T wrote:

It's not just their market. It's becoming a business decision. Financing isn't free and unless you do things like this, or have a record of doing things like this, the idea is that your credit score would drop, costing millions.

Coercion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:14 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Coercion.

The positive take away is that some companies have been learning that there might be nothing to finance if sales drop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:

I wouldn't call that "losing it"

I have seen some disgusting takes on the shooting from surprising places. We laugh about wishing death on each other here, but there are people who I didn't think were crazies, who really do wish it upon a person with a different world view. Not only that, an assassination of a former president is an attack on the US. I don't know what is liberal or conservative any more.

Mmhmm. Those illiberal liberals have really kept their love of violence, hatred for conservatives, fascist tendencies and general craziness on the down low the past 10 years or so. How were you suppose to know?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Have you seen Michael Moore lately? He looks great.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:50 am 

Is that Rachel Maddow?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:05 am 

Darkside wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Exactly. The free market of cancel culture is self regulating. It's good to see people cancelling companies for giving a transgender person a personalized six pack of their product and switching tractor companies because they sponsored the wrong parade, festivals, or events.

This is how it always should have worked.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Darkside wrote:
Is that Rachel Maddow?

Rosie O'Donnell. There was a time 10-15 years ago when Mully and O'Donnell looked very similar, but they seem to have diverged in appearance as Mully's hair has thinned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I don't think it's great to get working class people fired for posting ill-advised political opinions as reprehensible as those opinions may be.

And Tenacious D is a fucking comedy act. The guy made a tasteless joke. That's what comedians do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I was reading about the Tenacious D situation this morning and found it really surprising how quickly everyone turned on Kyle and disowned him, especially Jack Black. They really are ending a successful 30-year run over that joke? While tasteless, half the country has said the same joke around the water cooler all week, I don't think it was shocking new territory.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:08 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think it's great to get working class people fired for posting ill-advised political opinions as reprehensible as those opinions may be.

And Tenacious D is a fucking comedy act. The guy made a tasteless joke. That's what comedians do.

The world only changes if the person can understand why it should be unthinkable to wish a person dead. It's the same as the abortion debate. The law and punishment is a poor substitute for a convincing argument

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:31 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The world only changes if the person can understand why it should be unthinkable to wish a person dead.

I get that Trump was shot by a Registered Republican™. Put that aside. Is it really unthinkable to wish Hitler dead? To wish dead a guy who is going to end your country? To wish dead an enemy of Our Democracy™?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:12 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The world only changes if the person can understand why it should be unthinkable to wish a person dead.

I get that Trump was shot by a Registered Republican™. Put that aside. Is it really unthinkable to wish Hitler dead? To wish dead a guy who is going to end your country? To wish dead an enemy of Our Democracy™?

Yes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:14 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The world only changes if the person can understand why it should be unthinkable to wish a person dead. It's the same as the abortion debate. The law and punishment is a poor substitute for a convincing argument

What? The world has mostly been changed by people who wish death upon others.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:27 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I disagree. In fact, killing the person is a proven way for increasing interest in the philosophy that caused someone to want to kill him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I disagree. In fact, killing the person is a proven way for increasing interest in the philosophy that caused someone to want to kill him.

You disagree that the world has been shaped by violent conflicts like the American, French and Russian Revolutions, for instance? I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:51 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
I was reading about the Tenacious D situation this morning and found it really surprising how quickly everyone turned on Kyle and disowned him, especially Jack Black. They really are ending a successful 30-year run over that joke? While tasteless, half the country has said the same joke around the water cooler all week, I don't think it was shocking new territory.

i saw a "kyle REALLY quit the band" meme that gave me a chuckle.

i think jack black is getting just as much blowback from fans, thinking that he's shilling for trump or something and showing what his "true colors" are.

i mean, whatever, the rhetoric around social media should've never been given more attention and power than the yahoo! comments section (because that's essentially what these platforms are)--but jack black said what he did and did what he did to protect his brand. he still wants that $ for the next "kung fu panda" movie and super mario sequel(s).

the "aim better" meme isn't offensive, but i recognize that public figures need to steer clear of it even if they really want to say it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
over here in the QCA I know a number of higher level people that have said the shift to DEI and that kind of stuff was not even a slow move, it was like all the sudden. and its been about 5 years of crazy stuff. where they go into training on how to use the new safe space zones and stuff like that. nobody said anything about it until they started laying off salaried workers and you lay off a few managers and everyone starts voicing how its turned into a "woke" cesspool to media and you get some of these larger farms with pretty big voices who are like excuse me wtf have I been hearing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: What??
They caving in so easily. RIP CHAZ.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:14 am 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
i recognize that public figures need to steer clear of it even if they really want to say it.

You're hitting the nail on the head here. But I don't think you really mean "public figures" but rather people in certain types of employment.

Social media has removed a lot of guardrails. I'm not gonna get upset if the guitarist for a Latino punk band or a dirtbag Left comedian says "aim better", but I don't expect it from my banker or my kid's second grade teacher. The bankers and teachers used to have enough sense to know better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:
i recognize that public figures need to steer clear of it even if they really want to say it.

You're hitting the nail on the head here. But I don't think you really mean "public figures" but rather people in certain types of employment.

Social media has removed a lot of guardrails. I'm not gonna get upset if the guitarist for a Latino punk band or a dirtbag Left comedian says "aim better", but I don't expect it from my banker or my kid's second grade teacher. The bankers and teachers used to have enough sense to know better.

When I was in 8th grade I had a social studies teacher who told us that there were already a lot of presidents and there would be more in the future. Therefore, the only way to be remembered for all time was not to be the president, but to shoot the president. I went back home and told my mother and she said it was one of the most irresponsible things she had ever heard told to a bunch of 13 year olds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:47 pm 

Were the Dixie Chick's among the first cancel culture victims?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Darkside wrote:

Sounds right...at least among the more recent generation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Good call....Mel Gibson perhaps?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:48 am 

BigW72 wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Good call....Mel Gibson perhaps?

He was a pioneer. Hated the jews long before most in Hollywood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Darkside wrote:

Jane Fonda

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Steve Dahl cancelled disco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Jane Fonda

ohhhh.....that's a good call.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next