pizza_Place: Pete's
long time guy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Going to training camp with Portland.

...and he will be a fine Euro player for 7 years

There are worse fates but this is not what he wanted

This time last year he was a top five draft pick on just about every mock draft board that I viewed. There were a number of guys that I know whose opinion that I respect that believe he was better than Okafor. I never believed that, but there were some who bought into it.

I don't think anyone really thought he would ever have the skilled offensive game of Okafor, but Alexander was big and strong, a raw product who was developing quickly.

Post subject: Re: Cliff Alexander
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 am 

They liked his aggressiveness, which in their opinion Okafor lacked. He tried to dunk everything. Never as skilled as Okafor and he was smaller but they liked the "beast" aspect to Alexander's game.

It worked against undersized high school players. Against college players his own size not so much. Self didn't do the guy any favors either. He should not have been playing behind Traylor. Traylor stinks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
long time guy wrote:
They liked his aggressiveness, which in their opinion Okafor lacked. He tried to dunk everything. Never as skilled as Okafor and he was smaller but they liked the "beast" aspect to Alexander's game.

It worked against undersized high school players. Against college players his own size not so much. Self didn't do the guy any favors either. He should not have been playing behind Traylor. Traylor stinks.

Well, he's not as tall as Okafor, but he definitely plays bigger. I think way too much is made of an inch or two. A guy like Wes Unseld could hold his own with seven footers. Okafor is going to get pushed around in the NBA. Alexander is a more powerful player, or at least has the potential to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Well, he's not as tall as Okafor, but he definitely plays bigger. I think way too much is made of an inch or two. A guy like Wes Unseld could hold his own with seven footers. Okafor is going to get pushed around in the NBA. Alexander is a more powerful player, or at least has the potential to be.

He doesn't have nearly the skill set that Okafor has. Post game, ball handling, passing Okafor is better. Okafor is going to be good in the NBA. I think he will be a multiple time all star.

Alexander will make an NBA roster. Someone will take a chance on him. There careers are going to turnout completely different though.