It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:05 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Want to really puke Kirkwood?

:(

Buyout if they fire Crean
In 2014 - $14 M
In 2015 - $12 M
In 2016 - $7.5 M
In 2017 - $4 M
2018-2020- $1M

And I thought Kirk Ferentz's deal was bad. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:06 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

In 2014 - $14 M
In 2015 - $12 M
In 2016 - $7.5 M
In 2017 - $4 M
2018-2020- $1M

Crean for Life should be your new slogan!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Holy shit. Why did we willingly choose to be irrelevant like Purdue and Illinois for the next 5 years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Kirkwood wrote:
Holy shit. Why did we willingly choose to be irrelevant like Purdue and Illinois for the next 5 years.

Because.... Well you see.... The reason is...

I dont know. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:41 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Because.... Well you see.... The reason is...

I dont know. :cry:

I guess we'll alway have "We're not Purdue!". Jesus we suck so much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I guess we'll alway have "We're not Purdue!". Jesus we suck so much.

Well yeah...

Although free hot dogs at Jake's while being drunk at 7 AM for breakfast club is a pretty nice memory of Purdue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 pm 

I visited my sophmore year with a buddy to visit his friend. We weren't 21 so at night we visited some frat parties and the vibe was weird. Highlighter party with 70% dudes. Oh yeaaaaaaaaa.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
We weren't 21 so at night we visited some frat parties and the vibe was weird. Highlighter party with 70% dudes. Oh yeaaaaaaaaa.

Sounds right up a Packer fans alley

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:59 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I visited my sophmore year with a buddy to visit his friend. We weren't 21 so at night we visited some frat parties and the vibe was weird. Highlighter party with 70% dudes. Oh yeaaaaaaaaa.

No party at Purdue was complete without there being a 5-1 guy to girl ratio. A 5 at Purdue ended up being an 8 because there was no competition. Being a girl at that school must have been easy, you really just had your pick of the litter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

In 2014 - $14 M
In 2015 - $12 M
In 2016 - $7.5 M
In 2017 - $4 M
2018-2020- $1M

Crean for Life should be your new slogan!!!

He's so secure that he's downing beers on the sidelines. What the fuck does he care?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 pm 

I hope someone dipped their balls in that drink.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:55 pm 

ESPN is saying that boosters at IU are wanting to buyout Crean in order to hire Mike Woodson.

Seriously? What the fuck is that?

I have no problems if Crean is fired, but if they go after Woodson I will be furious.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:15 pm 

WTF!?!? Woodson? He'd bolt ASAP he gets another sniff of the NBA. We're so full of shit for brains.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I could see Crean gone, but not for Mike Woodson.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
:lol:

Quote:
Tom Crean ‏@TomCrean 5m
Over the next few days and weeks we will tweet out our thoughts on the season and our off season. No need to reply. I don't read it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:00 pm 

While teams in the CBI have to pay to participate, AD Fred Glass said money wasn't the issue:
Quote:
"Finances wouldn't be an issue if we thought it made sense," Glass told The Star. "But we're Indiana. We don't play in the CBI."

Nor the NCAA Tournament much these days either. :|

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 pm 

Bernstein reporting that a lot of alumni are unhappy with Crean. Pretty shocking.

We need a bet to see who gets fired first, Crean or Painter. I'll go with Painter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
RFDC wrote:
ESPN is saying that boosters at IU are wanting to buyout Crean in order to hire Mike Woodson.

Seriously? What the fuck is that?

I have no problems if Crean is fired, but if they go after Woodson I will be furious.

If Illinois is less than a second tier program, what the fuck is Indiana? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Just be glad that you had Bobby Knight to temporarily improve your second tier program.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bernstein reporting that a lot of alumni are unhappy with Crean. Pretty shocking.

We need a bet to see who gets fired first, Crean or Painter. I'll go with Painter.

Another example of Bernstein reading the board.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 pm 

I do wonder if IU fans need to come to grips with the fact that besides having Bobby Knight, they probably are on equal footing to at least 6 Big Ten teams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I do wonder if IU fans need to come to grips with the fact that besides having Bobby Knight, they probably are on equal footing to at least 6 Big Ten teams.

That isn't really true though. They had the Branch McCracken era and were strong. I'm not going to get ignorant with my Indiana hatred just because RFDC is too much of a hardhead to recognize how historically good Purdue and Illinois have been.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But they did and the other 6 teams didn't. Not IU's fault the other 6 notably Purdue and Illinois are choker 3 tier hacks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:17 pm 

spmack wrote:
:lol:

Quote:
Tom Crean ‏@TomCrean 5m
Over the next few days and weeks we will tweet out our thoughts on the season and our off season. No need to reply. I don't read it.

If you're a recruit he will read and then send a borderline homosexual tweet with smiley emoticon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That isn't really true though. They had the Branch McCracken era and were strong. I'm not going to get ignorant with my Indiana hatred just because RFDC is too much of a hardhead to recognize how historically good Purdue and Illinois have been.
I don't think it's a major shot at Indiana except for those delusional Indiana fans that think they are still equal to North Carolina or Kansas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:22 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But they did and the other 6 teams didn't. Not IU's fault the other 6 notably Purdue and Illinois are choker 3 tier hacks.
I understand they did, but they had the greatest college basketball coach of all time, and since then they've never really come close again besides a team that was still pretty much a Bobby Knight team.

I just don't see a major case to be made that IU has a better shot at another national title before many other Big Ten teams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I understand they did, but they had the greatest college basketball coach of all time, and since then they've never really come close again besides a team that was still pretty much a Bobby Knight team.

I just don't see a major case to be made that IU has a better shot at another national title before many other Big Ten teams.

Oh agreed. We are just another team. In the past 10 years Indiana has done nothing to differentiate itself from Buckeyes, Michigan, State, Illini, Purdue etc. I don't expect to win a national championship in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:27 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I don't expect to win a national championship in my lifetime.
Welcome to the club.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:52 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Oh I just like to give you guys shit. I realize Purdue and Illinois have been historically better than many other teams in the Big 10. And that is my entire reason for giving you shit for being happy with NIT years. Historically good teams like Indiana and Michigan St are just not happy with NIT years.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:22 pm 

IU losing three players already. There may be more coming too.

It's amazing to think that less than one year ago IU was a #1 seed preparing for a Sweet Sixteen game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next