It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
looking forward to ISU & AM and Oklahoma LSU...should be good ones

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 pm 

Big win for Oklahoma ....how in the hell would you like to see a Self/Krueger final :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Went to the DePaul-Xavier game today--truly depressing. Seemed to be more Xavier fans there. In White Sox fashion, half of the concession stands weren't even open. Hard to imagine the McCormick Place deal is going to help much.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Iowa is still the best team in the Big Ten. I will stand by it and own it if they do not win the title outright or the Big Ten tourney.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:47 am 

This has to be the most wide open college hoops season I have experienced...and the state of Illinois will still send no teams to the tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:01 am 

Scooter wrote:
Iowa is still the best team in the Big Ten. I will stand by it and own it if they do not win the title outright or the Big Ten tourney.

I won't go that far - there are 5 teams that could win the end of season tournament - MD, IA, UM, MSU, PU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:26 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Scooter wrote:

I won't go that far - there are 5 teams that could win the end of season tournament - MD, IA, UM, MSU, PU

Iowa will win Big 10 regular season title. Tourney who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:02 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Scooter wrote:

You forgot one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:34 am 

Coach K missed last nights game...the last time he missed a game was 1995...the last time the Blue Devils didn't make the tourney! Coincident.......I think not!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:28 am 

RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Scooter wrote:

You forgot one.

First game over a quality opponent? I need to see more.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:37 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Coach K missed last nights game...the last time he missed a game was 1995...the last time the Blue Devils didn't make the tourney! Coincident.......I think not!

I had a vivid dream last night that I was having a conversation with him. It was pretty fun. We didn't talk about basketball but we did rip on JoeOrr's Rams.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:28 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Scooter wrote:

You forgot one.

They pounded one of the teams on your list last night on the road.

I would say that is pretty impressive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:59 pm 

Again the point is this, outside of last night their wins are against teams that are a combined 20-56 in conference. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Their back half of the schedule is loaded - Iowa and Maryland home and home, vs Purdue and @ MSU.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:33 pm 

Hawkeyes beat Penn State badly tonight played badly and starters basically played half their usual minutes. Next. Illinois. Bet they are quaking in their sneakers for that one. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Again the point is this, outside of last night their wins are against teams that are a combined 20-56 in conference. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Their back half of the schedule is loaded - Iowa and Maryland home and home, vs Purdue and @ MSU.

Ok fair enough.

But then shouldn't the same thing be said about Michigan? They have one good win over Maryland. What else have they done?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:43 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Ok fair enough.

But then shouldn't the same thing be said about Michigan? They have one good win over Maryland. What else have they done?

Lost badly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:36 pm 

Scooter wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Ok fair enough.

Lost badly

I wrote that before IU beat them. I was starting to be impressed by then but the loss to IU has shown they really can't overcome the loss of Levert enough to win the league.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:01 pm 

Hawkeye V we both Iowa fans so especially I am biased but Iowa is gonna win the Big Ten. They are better than the rest. IU will falter down the stretch and Maryland almost lost at fuggin Nebraska tonight. I stand by my prediction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:10 am 

In comparison to IU's schedule, Iowa's back half is manageable. They have the home and home with IU as their toughest games along with road games at OSU and UM. Wisconsin comes to Carver. Still have to play Minnesota and Illinois.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:07 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
In comparison to IU's schedule, Iowa's back half is manageable. They have the home and home with IU as their toughest games along with road games at OSU and UM. Wisconsin comes to Carver. Still have to play Minnesota and Illinois.

I just bought tix to Sunday game @ Ill. $17 bucks upper bowl. Cannot get tix @ Carver sold out rest of year. I am only 2 hr from ChamBana so no big deal. Just want to see this team play in person.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:31 pm 

This game will be how I look at Iowa going forward

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:55 pm 

Iowa played meh. Illinois sucks. Other than hitting threes they are no threat at all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:39 am 

In the Big Ten, when you go on the road, you want to do enough to win. Iowa played well early in the game and coasted once they had a double digit lead. Illinois has some talent and if they get healthy, could be good but right now they are so depleted.

At least Iowa held serve against a bottom half team on the road.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:44 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
In the Big Ten, when you go on the road, you want to do enough to win. Iowa played well early in the game and coasted once they had a double digit lead. Illinois has some talent and if they get healthy, could be good but right now they are so depleted.

At least Iowa held serve against a bottom half team on the road.

I was impressed how poised Iowa was during warm up. They know they are good and it is a confident swagger not cockiness. Illinois looked like they were beat before the game even started. Half the crowd other than students were Iowa fans.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm 

The only team I like in the Big Ten is Maryland

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:48 pm 

If Purdue's guard play could even be average, they could be a force with all that size.

Iowa and Maryland are set up for good runs.

MSU could be another.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
If Purdue's guard play could even be average, they could be a force with all that size.

Iowa and Maryland are set up for good runs.

MSU could be another.

Purdue's guard play will doom them. Not good. I think Maryland loses on neutral court to a good team. They are ultimate homeboys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:01 am 

Scooter wrote:
Purdue's guard play will doom them. Not good.
That isn't accurate. Though, like most teams, they have had some poor shooting nights.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:50 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Scooter wrote:

You forgot one.

Have you see more yet?

:D

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:16 am 

:lol: Could see that one coming a mile away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next