It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... story.html

Chicago Tribune wrote:
Loyola to investigate complaints about Sheryl Swoopes after mass transfers

Loyola is launching an internal investigation into the conduct of women's basketball coach Sheryl Swoopes in light of a rash of players leaving the program, the university announced in a statement released Friday night.

Ten of the Ramblers' 12 returning players have transferred or requested a release from their scholarships. Five players reportedly transferred after the 2014-15 season.

Swoopes — one of the best women's players of all time and elected to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame this month — was hired at Loyola in 2013.

"Any time there are allegations of student-athlete mistreatment, it is more than concerning," Jermaine Truax, Loyola's deputy athletic director, said in the statement. "The welfare of our student-athletes is paramount. Thus, the Loyola University Chicago Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has asked for an independent and comprehensive University investigation into the women's basketball program.

"Coach Swoopes is aware of, and will fully cooperate with, the investigation. We look forward to learning how we can resolve these allegations and improve the student-athlete experience within the women's basketball program."

The student newspaper, The Phoenix, cited anonymous sources who said Swoopes made players uncomfortable and overstepped professional bounds.

The Ramblers finished 14-16 last season and 10-8 in the Missouri Valley Conference.

I assume "Swoopes made players uncomfortable and overstepped professional bounds." probably means at least one instance of unwanted sexual advances?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
At least....I would assume...

but the real question is....NO TAKERS?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
bigfan wrote:
At least....I would assume...

but the real question is....NO TAKERS?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Has Danny ruled that she is a wildebeest or not?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
I have lusted for years over Tammi Reiss who is now the assistant at Syracuse. Love me some non lesbian basketball girls. Hell I married one. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Tad Queasy wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-loyola-sheryl-swoopes-transfers-spt-0416-20160415-story.html

Chicago Tribune wrote:
Loyola to investigate complaints about Sheryl Swoopes after mass transfers

Loyola is launching an internal investigation into the conduct of women's basketball coach Sheryl Swoopes in light of a rash of players leaving the program, the university announced in a statement released Friday night.

Ten of the Ramblers' 12 returning players have transferred or requested a release from their scholarships. Five players reportedly transferred after the 2014-15 season.

Swoopes — one of the best women's players of all time and elected to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame this month — was hired at Loyola in 2013.

"Any time there are allegations of student-athlete mistreatment, it is more than concerning," Jermaine Truax, Loyola's deputy athletic director, said in the statement. "The welfare of our student-athletes is paramount. Thus, the Loyola University Chicago Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has asked for an independent and comprehensive University investigation into the women's basketball program.

"Coach Swoopes is aware of, and will fully cooperate with, the investigation. We look forward to learning how we can resolve these allegations and improve the student-athlete experience within the women's basketball program."

The student newspaper, The Phoenix, cited anonymous sources who said Swoopes made players uncomfortable and overstepped professional bounds.

The Ramblers finished 14-16 last season and 10-8 in the Missouri Valley Conference.

I assume "Swoopes made players uncomfortable and overstepped professional bounds." probably means at least one instance of unwanted sexual advances?

Teach women not to rape...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
So? Julies new crusade? She is going to make sure Loyola Basketball is rid of these threats to society!!!

and is someone surprised that a lesbian coach is hitting on her players?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I only know one women's hoop player, she's fucking gorgeous ..Alyssa dry on Baylor.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:27 am 

I will guess that she expects more of low D1 players than is capable thinking they should play as well as her. The name gets them in the program but the attitude has them leave.