It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4/14 Rush Rehab - Day 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Can Mac remain committed to laying off Rush? How did Meat navigate the full night of Chicago sports? Does Zawaski think Hawks can once again take up residence in the head of Bobby Borat? Listen in to find out!

Baseball talk.
Hawks game 1 reaction.
Bulls best record in the NBA.

Maybe a Tributosaurus mention or a parody song as well!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I think the script for that movie "The Rocker" actually started as a biography of Meat's early career as a keyboardist. Then some assholes went and changed the script and made it about this old drummer, but I could still see a hint of Meat in the keyboard playing kid.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Shhhhhhh, can you hear those crickets chirping?

I always thought Danny Mac would go down in a ball of flames, kicking and screaming and taking dudes out left and right on his way down into radio hell! Instead, he is goin' down like a wet fart in a hurricane.

A thread about Murph or Ikesouth or even Bill Wennington gets more attention than this forum. Dead, dying, flatlining, 6ft under and worm food.

This is not good. Mac, you need to come to work drunk or high or something and let it flow from the mouth of babes! Spit fire Danny Mac, take shots at the big wigs, pee yourself, do some lines right off of the console and get whacked. Come to work with your pants off, do whatever.....just make it quick!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Maybe tomorrow we'll get some REO Speedwagon talk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Maybe tomorrow we'll get some REO Speedwagon talk.

I have the best REO speedwagon story.

Sisters wedding, the band is done playing, it's 1 AM and the party flows into the resort bar where 2 guys are playing semi karoake. They are actually singing and playing guitar but have all the other tracks on tape.

Somehow, we end up on stage at about 2 AM, hammered, singing "Time for me to fly", people in the wedding party have the lighters out and as we look to the bar, Kevin Cronin and the other guys from REO speedwagon at the bar! They opened for Dave Mathews up in Wisc and stayed at the Grand Geneva the weekend of her wedding.

Cronin, from Evanston, big Cub fan, we kept the bar open till about 5 AM, drinking and listening to these guys tell some awesome stories.

Now making the whole thing even better, was also the weekend of the Tom Dreesen Celeb Golf outing, so you had a Jimmy Mac, Rollie Fingers, Ray Allen, Mikita, Robo TE, Buthhead a Gorman Thomas!

Had pics with everyone, on the course, in the bar, etc and left the camera in my hotel room! Realized it about 1 hr after I left and my mom made the "quick look" in the room figured it was gone and she said she didnt have time to start questioning people!

Some great pics, especially the late night bar pics. Gone forever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Maybe someone has them and developed or put 'em up on web. Did ya ever do a search for REO Speedwagon crazy wedding party or something like that on Google Images or maybe photobucket?

Yeah longshot, but ya never know.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.