It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
He strikes me as being pretty shallow. As if he'd only be friends with people like him or almost as smart. If someone told him they lost their shirt in a business he make fun of them or say too bad and move on with his life. I don't see a lot of empathy or closeness to others with him. Even the charity he has been talking about, he says the right things. I think it's great that he does it, but it lacks a personal touch...I don't know how else to explain it It could be his personality, he always tense or intense to me. He operates on a different level.

You talked with at Bear and Bull. What does he have to say when he is just out normally.

It seems to me that every sentence he utters is an attempt to prove to others that he is something. It's not that he isn't comfortable with himself. I think it is more that he is constantly judging so that he thinks others are constantly judging him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why would they skimp though? They are a billion dollar operation.

Cowherd is a national radio host and he has a tv show they are really high on at ESPN, mostly for his co-host.

He's probably underpaid for what he generates but we are talking about a company with at least 100 times as much revenue as the Score.

They would skimp because there is a person in charge of radio who wants to impress his superiors. ESPN doesn't strike me as a corporation that is focused on the quality of its content.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm 

It was a little rough talking to him at first but then was okay. He loosened up a little. I'll tell ya if I ever see you again because I'm too lazy to type it. I think I might have had a summary in a past thread, but you are right about the last part, I think. Good description.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
They would skimp because there is a person in charge of radio who wants to impress his superiors. ESPN doesn't strike me as a corporation that is focused on the quality of its content.
I just don't think they care that much about a few hundred thousand dollars for centerpiece talent. Personally, I can't stand him but he does a lot for ESPN.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Spaulding wrote:
It was a little rough talking to him at first but then was okay. He loosened up a little. I'll tell ya if I ever see you again because I'm too lazy to type it. I think I might have had a summary in a past thread, but you are right about the last part, I think. Good description.

Are you talking about Bernstein? He is fairly easy to talk to in person, actually. Be real with him and he'll treat you just the same. I feel way more intimidated to ever call B&B on the radio because they either want you to be completely stupid and yell at you or be a character like Mike in Milwaukee. Otherwise if you call in with normal every day thoughts, you probably either A) won't make it on the air, or B) will just get a semi-cordial and quick "thanks for your call" response.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 am 

Spaulding wrote:
if I ever see you again .

That sounds ominous. Do you know something that I don't? I fully expect to meet again no later than the NFL draft with your Bears posse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
spanky wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I didn't know he worked in Rockford was it?

Rockford Lightning. Fred "Bullseye" Cofield was my favorite player. Him and Pete Myers.

Hated those pesky Albany Patroons.

I'm facebook friends with Cofield's wife...no big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:48 am 

Franky T wrote:
spanky wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I didn't know he worked in Rockford was it?

Rockford Lightning. Fred "Bullseye" Cofield was my favorite player. Him and Pete Myers.

Hated those pesky Albany Patroons.

I'm facebook friends with Cofield's wife...no big deal.

Pics or GTFO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:59 am 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Are you talking about Bernstein? He is fairly easy to talk to in person, actually. Be real with him and he'll treat you just the same. I feel way more intimidated to ever call B&B on the radio because they either want you to be completely stupid and yell at you or be a character like Mike in Milwaukee. Otherwise if you call in with normal every day thoughts, you probably either A) won't make it on the air, or B) will just get a semi-cordial and quick "thanks for your call" response.

I disagree he is high strung and operates on a different plane than most people. It's as if he assumes the person he is talking to is not very bright and waiting for the opportunity to showcase that. Either by his intelligence or their stupidity. I was uneasy talking to him. Maybe he was defensive because he knew we were message board people but he was the one that approached us. I thought that was actually nice but was not sure of his motives.

That's Grid's posse, gd. I'm just happy he lets me tag along.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
I didn't have a show. I showed up a couple of times when my friends had one. There were no listeners.

It wasn't dolphin's show, but he was on that show.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
I didn't have a show. I showed up a couple of times when my friends had one. There were no listeners.

Hmmmmm, never realized Dolphin was Oak Park Vandy.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.