It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, if the Score is passing out beer and booze to people at a station event, they could be liable for crackers going wild. It is a fear. Especially if you some of the CSFMB people are attending.

Just a theory. Because I don't understand why they wouldn't give a reason. I also don't understand why they can't have it if Mac can't attend. Especially since they've promoted it and passed out VIP passes.

Maybe Mitch was told by someone above him. Maybe they just figured out their risk now after having it for a few years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Then just make everyone sign the death waiver like at the BnB Roast. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Or maybe somebody from the Sox told them they can't do it. That they can't promote a booze event on their grounds cuz the Sox might be liable for crackers going wild. Or maybe it's just the Sox sticking it to the Score cuz they hate their talk show hosts. Maybe Mitch told Mac and Spiegs that they can't mention that the Sox killed it cuz of their broadcasting partnership.

Something is up. This doesn't pass the smell test.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 pm 

bad reasoning beardown

on the other hand, there is almost nothing that goes into the preparation of this thing. It literally is just setting up a couple of "tents", filling a cooler with free beer and having someone grill a couple of items. How do you cancel something so simple?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
bad reasoning beardown

on the other hand, there is almost nothing that goes into the preparation of this thing. It literally is just setting up a couple of "tents", filling a cooler with free beer and having someone grill a couple of items. How do you cancel something so simple?

That's my point. You don't cancel unless you were told to cancel it by Zimmerman or by the White Sox. Only thing I could think of was liablity for both parties. Or the White Sox just saying "Fuck You" to the Score. It is their property. They would certainly have a say in the Score hosting a party on it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Or the White Sox just saying "Fuck You" to the Score. It is their property.

Well, the State of Illinois's property as overseen by the tenant's hand-picked property managers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Or the White Sox just saying "Fuck You" to the Score. It is their property.

Well, the State of Illinois's property as overseen by the tenant's hand-picked property managers.

I know. But the Sox lease it. And the Score isn't going to cry to the State if the Sox won't allow them to have a tailgate. It's not worth it.

If you don't think Jerry Reinsdorf wouldn't be so petty as to not allow a Dan McNeil/Score tailgate, just ask Big Fan. Kenny and Jerry don't even grant interviews to the Score.

In fact, I'm now convinced that is what happened. Jerry Reinsdorf canceled it cuz he hates how the Score hosts cover his team. Mitch is covering for him so it's not known to Score listeners/Sox fans. That would make Reinsdorf look bad. Mitch values the Sox partnership. That's why there is no reason given.

There. I've solved another one. Next!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
If Reinsdorf hates the way the Score covers the Sox, I'd hate to see what he'd think if they treated them like they treat the Cubs and Blackhawks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SomeGuy wrote:
Home5licE wrote:
It sucks he cancelled but I'd probably wait a bit before ripping the guy a new one.

I will do what I please.

Which is why you often receive the 'warm' reception that you do from time to time.

Even if Mac's 100% a dick and just decided 'fuck everyone' on a lark - which in no way, shape, or form do I believe for a second - what exactly is accomplished by bitching about him anyway? Really, what's to be attained?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Don Tiny, allow me to completely apologize for SomeGuy at this time. He doesn't really know what he's saying right now and sometimes the words tend to come out the wrong way. Rest assured I am working vehemently to help make SomeGuy a better person and both he and you will thank me for it.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac back to rehab?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Don Tiny, allow me to completely apologize for SomeGuy at this time. He doesn't really know what he's saying right now and sometimes the words tend to come out the wrong way. Rest assured I am working vehemently to help make SomeGuy a better person and both he and you will thank me for it.

:lol: More power to ya' ..... You might want to research "Hoi Polloi" by the 3 Stooges.

I'm not hating on him .... I've tolerated him for, what, a month or two now, and he's been mostly fine. I just don't get his unapologetic vitriol for a guy who hasn't done him wrong in any way that I know of.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 pm 

It makes absolutely no sense just to cancel it, even if Dan and/or Meat can't be there/wouldn't do it.

Something tells me we need a hell of a lot more information before stringing anyone up a flagpole.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Frontman wrote:
It makes absolutely no sense just to cancel it, even if Dan and/or Meat can't be there/wouldn't do it.

Something tells me we need a hell of a lot more information before stringing anyone up a flagpole.

Pretty original thought. Are you sure you want to go out on a limb with such a controversial stance? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Some Guy wrote:
Who fucked up?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
We just got biggie'd by Mackeyfish!

Who the hell is we?

I must've missed where you said you were planning on going.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funny. Mac and team are too lazy to put this together and its already Reinsdorf's fault.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Keeping Score wrote:
Spiegs is one big ol' motherfucker. I could use his shirt as a full length nightie and it would still be way too damn big.

He was looking slim there

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol: More power to ya' ..... You might want to research "Hoi Polloi" by the 3 Stooges.

I'm not hating on him .... I've tolerated him for, what, a month or two now, and he's been mostly fine. I just don't get his unapologetic vitriol for a guy who hasn't done him wrong in any way that I know of.

Ya know Don, sometimes someone will post something mean and insulting on the board because they actually hate the person it is directed at, SID/Gloopan w/ Mac, OKC with BernSTINE and everyone w/ Larry. Those people mean it, every word they type is soaked in blood and hate for the target. It's constant, it's over the top, sometimes overwhelming and sometimes entertaining.

And there are some posters that post things because they want too. Because the board is slow, because things need a jumpstart, because hard questions need to be asked, because the truth needs to see the light of day and because sometimes someone needs to speak for the little guy, the fan, the consumer that has been crushed under the boot of a superstar ego.

And sometimes someone posts something to try and bait Mac into posting on the board.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I approve of these stern words. It's fun to see the vultures attack one another.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Ya know Don, sometimes someone will post something mean and insulting on the board because they actually hate the person it is directed at, SID/Gloopan w/ Mac, OKC with BernSTINE and everyone w/ Larry. Those people mean it, every word they type is soaked in blood and hate for the target. It's constant, it's over the top, sometimes overwhelming and sometimes entertaining.

And there are some posters that post things because they want too. Because the board is slow, because things need a jumpstart, because hard questions need to be asked, because the truth needs to see the light of day and because sometimes someone needs to speak for the little guy, the fan, the consumer that has been crushed under the boot of a superstar ego.

And sometimes someone posts something to try and bait Mac into posting on the board.

You're what this board needs right now.

Two years ago, I endorsed the Panther and made him the uncrowned poster of the year in 2010. I can do the same for you.

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nobody cared then...nobody cares now. :wink:

I hope they address it on the show today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

Well of course not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Well of course not.

The tailgate matters....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
You might want to research "Hoi Polloi" by the 3 Stooges.
No, but I know a big fence in Chicago!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I think Mac is starting to figure out why he thought his life was better when he was stoned all the time.