It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Mac and Spiegs spend the first two segments of the show ripping on local media who are bitching that USA Today got 1st access with Rose and they didn't. But of course they dont say who exactly they are talking about, Spiegel in particular. So who are these local pissed off beat guys? David Haugh's been on record, but he's not a beat guy...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
uofiguy wrote:
Mac and Spiegs spend the first two segments of the show ripping on local media who are bitching that USA Today got 1st access with Rose and they didn't. But of course they dont say who exactly they are talking about, Spiegel in particular. So who are these local pissed off beat guys? David Haugh's been on record, but he's not a beat guy...

KC Johnson is one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

KC Johnson is one.

Well, KC should have the balls to stop protecting these guys and write the real truth. If one of them complains he could explain what quid pro quo means.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 am 

I agree.

Just answering the nice man's question.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
uofiguy wrote:

KC Johnson is one.

I thought they actually said with the exception of KC. Perhaps it's Cowley, and him and Spiegs can get into another fight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 am 

Teddy Greenstein and Schanowski were talking on CTL yesterday that KC wasn't happy.

Maybe it was bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Teddy Greenstein and Schanowski were talking on CTL yesterday that KC wasn't happy.

Maybe it was bullshit.

Well, I wouldn't be happy either. You hold back when a man pulls on another man's tie. You don't print the sordid details of these guys' sex lives even though you've seen with your own eyes that after the party it's the hotel lobby and after the lobby they gonna go upstairs and UUUH somebody. And how do they repay you? They go out of town for the Big Important Interview. But you've got power too. Start giving us the real shit. Rose broke the unspoken agreement, not you. Now who is the real father of that fucking baby? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
There is such a thing called a "Bulls Beat Reporter?" They are PR guys and full Bulls Drones, who gives a shit if they're mad, fuck 'em. Was it "proper protocal" for KC Johnson to withhold the truth about Pax/Vinny fight and then get scooped by a national guy? I don't think so, that probably isn't in his job description. He has ZERO credibility.

Beat reporters in this town.....where have they been?

They've been extinct since the sweet hard hitting days of one Terry "Meet Me By The Dumpster, Cum Alone" Boers and Dan "DeepThroat" BernSTINE.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 am 
Site Admin

SomeGuy wrote:
They are PR guys and full Bulls Drones...

That's exactly why they're mad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I never been granted a press pass
And I sure won't kiss any (boom boom ba boom)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Uh, eh, eh, look, when I covered the Bulls, and again, it's a long time ago so excuse me if I've forgotten some of it, but uh, eh, eh, I remember most of it and uh, eh, eh, at first I had a good relationship with Michael, but uh, eh, like most of my relationships it eventually went bad, it went bad tooooooooo, but uh, again, and look, in my world, when you cover a beat, you cover a beat, but, Jordan, when you get as big as he did, and I was close with him for awhile, uh not as close as Mark Vancil, but I won't get into that, but eh, uh, anyway, uh, uh, you just can't come out and say whatever you want when a guy is bigger than God, and look, in my world, you can be as hard-hitting as you want, just don't mention that sex house they have up in Lake Geneva for the love of God!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
There is such a thing called a "Bulls Beat Reporter?" They are PR guys and full Bulls Drones, who gives a shit if they're mad, fuck 'em. Was it "proper protocal" for KC Johnson to withhold the truth about Pax/Vinny fight and then get scooped by a national guy? I don't think so, that probably isn't in his job description. He has ZERO credibility.

They've been extinct since the sweet hard hitting days of one Terry "Meet Me By The Dumpster, Cum Alone" Boers and Dan "DeepThroat" BernSTINE.

Good day sir!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
that sex house they have up in Lake Geneva

:o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Hawg, I don't quite know how to say this. Oh hell, yes I do......this show is really, really bad.

In all sincerity, Silvy and Waddle are leaps and bounds above it.

You are the same guy that likes that show on from 1:00-6:00, what the hell do you know?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I have only heard rumor and legend about that Jordan-era Xanadu, but I trust my guy. I wouldn't be surprised if bigfan has some good stories about the place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Isn't Joe Cowley now covering the Bulls from Minneapolis for the Sun-Times.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm 

This "us" and "them", "we" and "they" is laughable. 20+ years of sports talk radio has broken down just about all walls of credibility when it comes to this taffy pull. Long ago radio undermined traditional "journalists" with its ability to on one day hammer home the same point , ad nauseam, and the next day pretend like nothing was said or that everyone listening simply misunderstood. Factor in how many "journalists" have dabbled in radio--to the point of giving up being journalists (or forgetting how to be journalists)--and throw in that the biggest sports radio guy in Chicago history was a hot dog vendor, and you come up with why this whole deal is hysterically funny. Before this latest tempest blows over someone will invoke the "conduit to the fans" canard and things will have come full circle.

The bulk of Derrick Rose's lifetime earnings will come from marketing and hype, and to be worth more than a quarter billion he has to be bigger than Chicago. The really smart people who make the big money know this. So while its easy to pretend to conveniently circle the "us" and "we" local media wagons of one great big phony fraternity (or fraternity of phonies). Let those who consume their product take a moment to stop and remember the roles here:

The media ("us" or "we") -- Bitching today about the "them" and "they" who is everyone else, talent and fans alike. Tomorrow they may go back to bitching about each other and provide some entertainment.

The talent -- The point of paying attention, without it there is no "there" there.

The fans/audience -- The catalyst that makes it so the talent can earn their living. Television is the conduit by which all of this now happens as images have replaced the words written and relegated those spoken. As a sports fan once told me, "I don't need to hear or read someone else's opinion on what I'm seeing."

Invert this order and that is the true hierarchy of importance. And if the media doesn't believe this, they can make me two with extra peppers and hold the celery salt, I think I need to cut back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:15 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

Biggs is the only real legit one, and look how he was treated at Halas Hall. The Hawks guys are terrified of Q and dont question anything, and Mark Gonzalez is possibly the softest baseball beat guy Ive read/heard in awhile.KC is a solid writer/basketball guy, but he's got his own issues, as pointed out here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I have only heard rumor and legend about that Jordan-era Xanadu, but I trust my guy. I wouldn't be surprised if bigfan has some good stories about the place.

Maybe they point it out on the boat tours, like the Wrigley estate or Stone Manor.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
uofiguy wrote:

He looks pretty beat to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
KC should have lost his beat creds a long time ago. Fuck that fucking fuck. If he GOT the story why would we trust his fruity ass to PRINT it?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
KC should have lost his beat creds a long time ago. Fuck that fucking fuck. If he GOT the story why would we trust his fruity ass to PRINT it?

Yeah, and I think that goes for most of the beat writers. Hell, Sam Smith held back the best stuff for years to put in a book.

Say what you want about Cowley and Ozzie but they both understood the relationship. Cowley protected him and acted as his mouthpiece when Ozzie wanted to float something but Ozzie also gave him enough good stuff to print.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Uh, eh, eh, look, when I covered the Bulls, and again, it's a long time ago so excuse me if I've forgotten some of it, but uh, eh, eh, I remember most of it and uh, eh, eh, at first I had a good relationship with Michael, but uh, eh, like most of my relationships it eventually went bad, it went bad tooooooooo, but uh, again, and look, in my world, when you cover a beat, you cover a beat, but, Jordan, when you get as big as he did, and I was close with him for awhile, uh not as close as Mark Vancil, but I won't get into that, but eh, uh, anyway, uh, uh, you just can't come out and say whatever you want when a guy is bigger than God, and look, in my world, you can be as hard-hitting as you want, just don't mention that sex house they have up in Lake Geneva for the love of God!

I wanted to bump this one up since it was such a good prediction. Not as good as when the Doc predicted the tsunami, but pretty good nonetheless.