It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unlikable Shithead
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
I've grown accustomed to Mac being prickly since his most recent medication adjustment/happy camp disappearance. If you take into account the substance abuse issues, ever-growing waistband, testosterone deficiency, and even the occasional back-to-back work days, we can all see how an overly-energetic Abbattacola, or the dearly departed Jason Goff, might get caught in the emotional ups-and-downs and take a shot or two.

But in a very awkward transition into baseball-talk during the Len Kasper segment today, Mac proclaimed, "It was just a commentary we had during the open there; next time, maybe, when you're holding, you could listen to it," to which Len responded "Okay.... Sorry..." and continued to answer baseball questions in a professional matter.

This is Len Kasper, folks. This is the easiest guy in the world to get along with. Hitler wouldn't have found anything wrong with him. He's Sweden. Neutral. But even he got a sideways comment from Mac.

Why is this guy so angry? I'm starting to think Harry Teinowitz wasn't such a bad radio partner.

Post subject: Re: Unlikable Shithead
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wow,sorry I missed that. Yeah,listen to every word those guys are saying because once in awhile they might have a cogent thought between all the Led Zepplin and ass jokes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This is worse than a Beardown thread. You couldn't have mischaracterized it more. The comment wasn't angry at all, he was disappointed that the opening question of the interview didn't work. It wasn't even remotely negative towards Len.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
That's how you read it. I read it as another cranky McNeil outburst. Just like the Abbattacola, Zaidman, and Mully outbursts.

When you are done looking at the cock shots Favre sent Jen Sterger, go back and listen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I saw this thread title & thought this would be about Spiegel.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:17 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Mac is a very tragic figure. He doesn't have a chemical imbalance, he just really hates his job and the grind that it involves - and he hates it more year after year. If you read between the lines, it's obvious. But he knows that there's nothing else that will pay him remotely what he makes now (he's not a fool like Mike North), so he's relying on anti-depressants to take the edge off - which he needs now more than ever since he decided to kick alcohol and weed for his health.

I feel weird feeling sorry for a guy who makes 6 figures talking sports (with a well-paid lawyer wife to boot) - but I really do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He doesnt HATE his job, he might be bored with it sometimes....just as most get bored with listening to Sports talk in general, once in a while.

I do think the team he assembled needs to pick up the creative side of things

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
WhiteAndProud wrote:
Mac is a very tragic figure. He doesn't have a chemical imbalance, he just really hates his job and the grind that it involves - and he hates it more year after year. If you read between the lines, it's obvious. But he knows that there's nothing else that will pay him remotely what he makes now (he's not a fool like Mike North), so he's relying on anti-depressants to take the edge off - which he needs now more than ever since he decided to kick alcohol and weed for his health.

I feel weird feeling sorry for a guy who makes 6 figures talking sports (with a well-paid lawyer wife to boot) - but I really do.

Mac has a job?? I did not know this. Must suck to talk on the radio four hours a day if your sorry ass can show up. He and his partner are weak stock. They should go out in the real world and learn what it is like to earn a fucking living. I do not listen to them mainly because of my work schedule. They should rename the show puss and boots. Overpaid crybaby cartoons. GFYS.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
FavreFan wrote:
This is worse than a Beardown thread. You couldn't have mischaracterized it more. The comment wasn't angry at all, he was disappointed that the opening question of the interview didn't work. It wasn't even remotely negative towards Len.

I heard it and thought exactly what Prickly thought. It was very awkward and unwarranted. There was definitely an edge to the way Mac said it, and you could tell Len was caught off guard. Rightfully so, in my opinion. I'm sure Len was thinking of the things he wanted to talk about instead of having laser focus on the crap intro the boy-quarium put together of a previous conversation that wasn't entertaining when it was live.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: LouMal
it was one of the rare moments that the Candyman was the mature one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Scooter wrote:
Mac has a job?? I did not know this. Must suck to talk on the radio four hours a day if your sorry ass can show up. He and his partner are weak stock. They should go out in the real world and learn what it is like to earn a fucking living. I do not listen to them mainly because of my work schedule. They should rename the show puss and boots. Overpaid crybaby cartoons. GFYS.

Oh, Lord...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 am 

prickly pete wrote:
He's Sweden. Neutral. .

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?