It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Villa Rosa - Edgebrook
So big voice guy sound bumpers are calling it the Spiegs & Holmes Show now. Have they said anything official? Or is it just this way until something is known about Mac's future with the show/station?

And on that note... wishing Mac nothing but the absolute best and heartfelt prayers as he deals with the issues he's going through. It's so easy to cast judgement and to be quick to criticize, but he obviously is going through stuff and I personally miss him on the show and will be praying for him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Larry will drive that time slot into the ground. i knew when mac stopped smoking weed it was a mistake, start burning again n get back to work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Jay1318 wrote:
So big voice guy sound bumpers are calling it the Spiegs & Holmes Show now. Have they said anything official? Or is it just this way until something is known about Mac's future with the show/station?

And on that note... wishing Mac nothing but the absolute best and heartfelt prayers as he deals with the issues he's going through. It's so easy to cast judgement and to be quick to criticize, but he obviously is going through stuff and I personally miss him on the show and will be praying for him.

He doesn't need your prayers!

Send money!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Laurence haters can take solace in the fact that while Mac's been removed from the Watch Live option when go to stream, Holmes' picture hasn't been added... yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
I really hope this isn't permanent. I miss McNeil already.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Jay1318 wrote:
From Larz blog...
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6094-news-notes-tribune-milt-rosenberg-steve-dale-mary-debaggis-dan-mcneil-wxms-bulls-bears-wfld-more
With WSCR-AM's Dan McNeil out on another personal leave of absence, 670 The Score management has officially renamed its midday show as "Spiegel & Holmes." Laurence Holmes, a 25 year veteran of the station, will stay as Matt Spiegel's co-host until further notice. That does not necessarily mean that Dan McNeil won't come back at some point in the future, though. A decision was made to no longer continue to name the show after McNeil when there simply is no McNeil there and won't be for a very long time... if ever again. McNeil remains on an unpaid, indefinite absence while he gets his life and health priorities in line, as well as making a decision about his radio career.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jay1318 wrote:
From Larz blog...
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6094-news-notes-tribune-milt-rosenberg-steve-dale-mary-debaggis-dan-mcneil-wxms-bulls-bears-wfld-more
With WSCR-AM's Dan McNeil out on another personal leave of absence, 670 The Score management has officially renamed its midday show as "Spiegel & Holmes." Laurence Holmes, a 25 year veteran of the station, will stay as Matt Spiegel's co-host until further notice. That does not necessarily mean that Dan McNeil won't come back at some point in the future, though. A decision was made to no longer continue to name the show after McNeil when there simply is no McNeil there and won't be for a very long time... if ever again. McNeil remains on an unpaid, indefinite absence while he gets his life and health priorities in line, as well as making a decision about his radio career.

The station isn't even 25 years old.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Seacrest wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jay1318 wrote:
From Larz blog...

The station isn't even 25 years old.

:lol: It only feels like he's been on the air 25 years Larz.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
SomeGuy wrote:
Jay1318 wrote:

He doesn't need your prayers!

Send money!

Touch 'em all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 pm 

It really sounds like Mac is done, whether it's by his choice or the stations. Can't blame the station if they did ax him. He has become someone you can't count on, and I wouldn't want to be in the position of knowing if he will be in to work each day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
time for murph, mac, north to start their own radio station. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hatchetman wrote:
time for murph, mac, north to start their own radio station. :D

I'd listen to that shit in a heartbeat. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am ok with going back to silly radio.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
schmitty1121 wrote:
It really sounds like Mac is done, whether it's by his choice or the stations. Can't blame the station if they did ax him. He has become someone you can't count on, and I wouldn't want to be in the position of knowing if he will be in to work each day.

he was very honest on the air about looking at other options. NO, I never talked with him about what those options are.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:35 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
bigfan wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

he was very honest on the air about looking at other options. NO, I never talked with him about what those options are.

Why not?

Larz is killing us here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Larz can keep killing it. He does a fine job. Except for that Leary 25 year thing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Q.Bovifs wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Was Mac on the air talking about this?

He's talked about an FM sports yakker, I think he met with WGN at some point in the past. He seems to be maybe burned out on sports talk. But what the hell do I know.

I hope he can make it back soon.