It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mr. Spada,

Chet burned the bridge at WSCR, kinda like North did. I actually think having Chet would do some numbers if teamed up with someone, but its just never going to happen, even if I we called Mitch and brough in a 5 national advertising campaigns for his show.

Where WSCR is just missing the boat is the evening. My dislike of the Leary show is well posted here, but even his biggest supporter (His Mom!) knows that show is never going midday. He has tried to to have normal air time in various forms and it has never worked. So, you have taken the one timeslot that you could really try new shows and see if they might work or give them time to mesh. Tim Doyle and Mark Grote, or Grote and a number of people.

Grote might be killing himself with the willingness to work from 4 AM to 10 AM. He carries the les show at the end and does a very nice job working with M&H. Also does a good job with Rosie. I think the guy has shown he can work with anyone there. Doyle and his annoying NY thing would add some much injected blood into the station. They can have Kendall Gill as the first guess!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
denisdman wrote:
Love or hate McNeil, he moves needles. I can't stand Bernsie but he moves needles. That's why these guys get hired.

Chet moves nothing but calories.

I dont think bernstein moves needles.

I will rip Terry for hardly working, but he carries the show. Without him, I see Mr Bernstin becoming Steve Cochran in a hurry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Grote would be a great third wheel with his wise cracks and impersonations. As a show driver? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
Mr. Spada,

Chet burned the bridge at WSCR, kinda like North did. I actually think having Chet would do some numbers if teamed up with someone, but its just never going to happen, even if I we called Mitch and brough in a 5 national advertising campaigns for his show.

Where WSCR is just missing the boat is the evening. My dislike of the Leary show is well posted here, but even his biggest supporter (His Mom!) knows that show is never going midday. He has tried to to have normal air time in various forms and it has never worked. So, you have taken the one timeslot that you could really try new shows and see if they might work or give them time to mesh. Tim Doyle and Mark Grote, or Grote and a number of people.

Grote might be killing himself with the willingness to work from 4 AM to 10 AM. He carries the les show at the end and does a very nice job working with M&H. Also does a good job with Rosie. I think the guy has shown he can work with anyone there. Doyle and his annoying NY thing would add some much injected blood into the station. They can have Kendall Gill as the first guess!

When did Chet burn a bridge with Mitch?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spadaesq1 wrote:
McNeil is not big enough to be on my show. I would never ask him. I interview HOF and HOF quality former athletes and national sportscasters who are in HOFs.

What Hall of Fame is Gia Marie in?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Chet might burn down an actual bridge if it would make Feder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
bigfan wrote:
Mr. Spada,

Does Tim Doyle have pictures of you or something?

He's station death. Webio/Game-Veteran Tim Doyle would have listeners literally gouging their eyes out so they couldn't find the radio buttons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
It's an interesting suggestion, David, but I don't think so. For reasons enumerated by the others in-between the jeers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Telegram Sam wrote:
Chet might burn down an actual bridge if it would make Feder.

Don't give him any ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:46 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
This thread is full of win....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Mr. Spada,

Does Tim Doyle have pictures of you or something?

He's station death. Webio/Game-Veteran Tim Doyle would have listeners literally gouging their eyes out so they couldn't find the radio buttons.

I agree a lot with BF but Tim Doyle is flat out awful. While Spada has an awful idea ( kinda like the time I heard Jiggets and wolf) it's better than Doyle. Although a guest host with Gill would be fun for one day.