Parkins and Spiegel on Fields’ performance:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

That was just in the first hour.

Did he miss the strip sack?
Fields always folds in crunch time.

They're doing the same thing the Tyson Bagent people do! Exact same thing! Some goober with a pop-gun arm game-manages his way past the incompetent McDaniels Raiders and it's "move over Fields, this is what real quarterbacking looks like" and it is correctly identified as drivel. Then Fields had to pick up 35-40 yards, immediately coughs up the ball for a safety from the 25, and it's "Justin Fields forever changed the way we think about football and life today, the way he did a dance made us believe that life was finally worth living again, how dare everyone let him down like this."

We have been over this again and again with the Score guys and Fields. I still don’t understand what they get out of this? Does either championing for Fields or naming a sizable portion of your audience/Bears fans racist gain anything?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Parkins and Spiegel on Fields’ performance:

Great
Grade A
Brilliant
Truly special

That was just in the first hour.

Did he miss the strip sack?
Fields always folds in crunch time.

They're doing the same thing the Tyson Bagent people do! Exact same thing! Some goober with a pop-gun arm game-manages his way past the incompetent McDaniels Raiders and it's "move over Fields, this is what real quarterbacking looks like" and it is correctly identified as drivel. Then Fields had to pick up 35-40 yards, immediately coughs up the ball for a safety from the 25, and it's "Justin Fields forever changed the way we think about football and life today, the way he did a dance made us believe that life was finally worth living again, how dare everyone let him down like this."

We have been over this again and again with the Score guys and Fields. I still don’t understand what they get out of this? Does either championing for Fields or naming a sizable portion of your audience/Bears fans racist gain anything?

It makes them feel superior to us rubes listening to the radio.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jon Morosi apologizing on P & S for his "Ohtani is on a plane for Toronto" call is like John Dillinger apologizing to Al Capone for his crimes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Jon Morosi apologizing on P & S for his "Ohtani is on a plane for Toronto" call is like John Dillinger apologizing to Al Capone for his crimes.

He went on and on and on. Trying to make a career of trying to "do better." He monologued for 15 minutes. Just effing painful. And yes, maybe it was because these guys might want to bask in the glory of never being wrong about a stupid rumor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:54 pm 

Really it should be the Spiegel and Parkins section.

Matt has completely taken over the show and it's not even "his" sports season.
I used to like Danny as an interviewer. He would ask the hard, uncomfortable questions. But in the last year or so Spiegel has dominated the discussions, from transition (where some days it's unclear if Danny is even there, Matt is talking so much), to any interview where Matt's questions seem to outnumber Danny 6 to 1.
I'm not sure what's happened but, despite all the hate on this board for Parkins, it was a better show when he was driving and I'd love to see him back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:31 pm 

zunk wrote:
Really it should be the Spiegel and Parkins section.

Matt has completely taken over the show and it's not even "his" sports season.
I used to like Danny as an interviewer. He would ask the hard, uncomfortable questions. But in the last year or so Spiegel has dominated the discussions, from transition (where some days it's unclear if Danny is even there, Matt is talking so much), to any interview where Matt's questions seem to outnumber Danny 6 to 1.
I'm not sure what's happened but, despite all the hate on this board for Parkins, it was a better show when he was driving and I'd love to see him back.

That's like saying when a car falls off a cliff the beginning plummeting down part is high livin' compared to the car actually crashing to the ground part.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Spiegel is like the kid whose mother always said whatever he said was just so funny even though everyone else thought he was annoying. I couldn't stand him with Mac, couldn't stand him with Goff, and can't take him now with Perkins. I don't get the draw for him being on the radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:14 am 

One of Spiegel's Sunday callers who always praises him for the great job he's doing comically turned on Spiegel. Questioning why he didn't speak up the previous week when Steve Stone praised Pedro's managng. Rattled Spiegel forced to talk off script weasel talked that he didn't think it was important but agreed that Stone was wrong. Rare good Score talk.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
vitoscotti wrote:
One of Spiegel's Sunday callers who always praises him for the great job he's doing comically turned on Spiegel. Questioning why he didn't speak up the previous week when Steve Stone praised Pedro's managng. Rattled Spiegel forced to talk off script weasel talked that he didn't think it was important but agreed that Stone was wrong. Rare good Score talk.

It was Stan from Bellwood.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:56 pm 

whatsamotta_u wrote:
Spiegel is like the kid whose mother always said whatever he said was just so funny even though everyone else thought he was annoying. I couldn't stand him with Mac, couldn't stand him with Goff, and can't take him now with Perkins. I don't get the draw for him being on the radio.

I didn't like McNeil enough to follow him to ESPN, but I loved him with Boers and was excited when he first returned to The Score. I think he is a serviceable host, with plenty of blindspots, but genuinely seemed to like talking to fans (something all but completely lost with this current cast of on-air crap). That said, I have not been - and will not ever be - able to forgive him for pulling out the WAP and dragging meatpants back to WSCR. I've never gotten the draw for him being on the radio, and I can only assume he co-owns a horseshoe with Larry and they swap ownership when contract time comes up.....inexplicable how such thin-skinned, smarmy and arrogant pudwhacks continue to maintain employment in media in Chicago.

I truly hope Parkins gets offered some national gig and he disappears from my radio - and with him comes a giant cleansing of the station, purging the station of meatpants (which would elemental in this unique two team town).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:36 pm 

Bad Spiegel moment making light of Israel's pain & suffering "Patrick Beverly is going to bring so much leadership and presence to that team he's going to bring peace to the region." Parkins, What are the odds?. Bernstein, "I'm not offended" (by the joke). A very
bad look.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
vitoscotti wrote:
Bad Spiegel moment making light of Israel's pain & suffering "Patrick Beverly is going to bring so much leadership and presence to that team he's going to bring peace to the region." Parkins, What are the odds?. Bernstein, "I'm not offended" (by the joke). A very
bad look.

Spiegel is Jewish.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Franky T wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
bad look.

Spiegel is Jewish.

And purple.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Week's Sign That The Apocalypse Is Upon Us: Spiegel and Herron have brought DUSTIN RHODES onto their show to interview him about the state of the Cubs. WTF?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:01 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
This Week's Sign That The Apocalypse Is Upon Us: Spiegel and Herron have brought DUSTIN RHODES onto their show to interview him about the state of the Cubs. WTF?

It's absolutely absurd. Again, Mitch may be the nicest guy around but anytime people throw professional flowers at him I just shake my head.

Did Dustin preview his preview show by repeating the same crap over and over again? That 30 minutes of early morning radio has to be the most consistently pointless time slot since Hamp & Holmes.

This station has turned into a carousel of hosts being guest becoming host being guests being an expert being a mystery caller being a producer being a guest being a host. Ponderous.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:01 pm 

No. Parkins left. It's not the Parkins and Spiegel section.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:25 am 

Spiegel & Herron with contrasting styles are much better than Parkins & Spiegel. Now, the only cesspool is 10-2 and the Score is in a better place without Parkins' fake scripted content merry go round. It'll be short lived if Goff is rehired and poisons the station.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:46 am 

Brick wrote:

Maybe it should be the Memorial Mac and Parkins section

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

Maybe it should be the Memorial Mac and Parkins section

Parkins is alive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:39 pm 

Jeff Agrest's 6 of his last 8 articles he's written have been about or involving brethren Danny Parkins.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Alert denis! Alert denis!

Barry Rozner is on with Spiegel today -- I guess Bernstein is hanging around for a while, too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this....this isn't bad. I'll be listening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Rozner has been fun so far. Entirely possible he lets some unfiltered opinions/juicy secrets fly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I thought Barry Rozner retired from being a fill-in radio host.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Rozner has been fun so far. Entirely possible he lets some unfiltered opinions/juicy secrets fly.

Yeah, it's been a fun listen so far.

Bernstein asked Rozner not to share the content of their text messages. Rozner said he didn't care because he can't be cancelled, and Bernstein said "I don't want my kid to get kicked out of college!" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tad Queasy wrote:
Alert denis! Alert denis!

Barry Rozner is on with Spiegel today -- I guess Bernstein is hanging around for a while, too.

I caught the first two segments. I will catch the rest in the car as I bar hop tonight. He was pretty entertaining so far.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:49 pm 

Bernstein with a rare honest Israel reference. Tellng Rozner "not to disclose his recent texts to him or Jr will be expelled and we'll have Hamas protesters outside". Would of been interesting if Leila was there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:43 am 

I doubt neither jews or palestinians are much of a foregoing concern at his campus in the middle of guns and religion country

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Tad Queasy wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Yeah, it's been a fun listen so far.

Bernstein asked Rozner not to share the content of their text messages. Rozner said he didn't care because he can't be cancelled, and Bernstein said "I don't want my kid to get kicked out of college!" :lol:

absolutely, no surprise here at all. no one else can have pride and talk about their background/religion or they are bad people/to be mocked. only bernstein and crew.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
not a bad day.

Doesn't sound like Dan was a serious candidate to move to afternoons though. It's not a bad show with the two of them. Maybe not for drivetime? Maybe they put some actual young talent there and move the 2 live Jews to middays?