It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
I am not being facetious when I say that I am stunned anyone can listen to this show for more than ten minutes per day. Its combination of disingenuous enthusiasm, Spiegelian tangentialism, wanton and gleeful ignorance, witless nostalgia, lustful consumerism, inexplicable self-importance and random shouting renders me physically ill.

Amen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Not mad, letting you know if you are going to be an asshole you are going to get what you give. I didn't take what you said as a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Serious question: Why do these guys shout so much when discussing matters of trivial importance? Listening to their show replicates the unpleasant experience of watching reruns of the Match Game with my senile grandmother.

Not going to argue with you, if you don't like it, you don't like it, but always wondering why you listen then?

Is it because you like Mully and Hanley and the radio just stays on? That is why I get my 15 minutes of Laurence, before I turn it off.

Or is it just occasional listening to see how bad it is? I did that with North a ton of times. Tune dit out, but always tried to give the guy 10 minutes and then had to turn it off?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I listen to give it a chance. I want to like this show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
bigfan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Serious question: Why do these guys shout so much when discussing matters of trivial importance? Listening to their show replicates the unpleasant experience of watching reruns of the Match Game with my senile grandmother.

Not going to argue with you, if you don't like it, you don't like it, but always wondering why you listen then?

Is it because you like Mully and Hanley and the radio just stays on? That is why I get my 15 minutes of Laurence, before I turn it off.

Or is it just occasional listening to see how bad it is? I did that with North a ton of times. Tune dit out, but always tried to give the guy 10 minutes and then had to turn it off?

It's more fun to bitch about it. You should know that by now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I will never understand the hatred for this show and the people that hate it that continue to listen.

This is my 1st go around with the Mackage and I think the show is a great listen. I can't compare it to MJH because I couldn't get the show down here. Mac and Spiegs strike me as two guys you could walk up to and shoot the shit with and have a beer.

I understand everyone has their opinion but you would think these two are the biggest dickheads on the radio when you read some of the criticism. To compare, I have slowly grown to rarely enjoy B and B anymore and I used to love the show. But I can only handle so many phone calls with the obligatory Bernstein yell-fest or lecture or Terry stammering to make his point. Maybe it's because I have ingested enough of the B and B show. And that's when I PTB. I'm sure not going to continue to listen something for an extended period of time that I don't enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
OOgie wrote:
Thinking a 3rd man in on a regular basis would be a good thing

No thanks...there is nothing on radio more annoying than the three man weave. It's a painful listen because it always seems like they are constantly talking over each other.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Maybe it's just bad when the third man is Harry. Or Bob
Vandington.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Maybe it's just bad when the third man is Harry. Or Bob
Vandington.

No, it's always bad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tall Midget wrote:
I am not being facetious when I say that I am stunned anyone can listen to this show for more than ten minutes per day. Its combination of disingenuous enthusiasm, Spiegelian tangentialism, wanton and gleeful ignorance, witless nostalgia, lustful consumerism, inexplicable self-importance and random shouting renders me physically ill.

Nice job with the pseudo-intellectualisms but really if I was made ill by something I'd try to avoid it. Since you keep coming back you're either Einstein's definition of insane or Forrest Gump's "stupid is as stupid does". Are you Gloopan the III? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
sjboyd0137 wrote:
OOgie wrote:
Thinking a 3rd man in on a regular basis would be a good thing

No thanks...there is nothing on radio more annoying than the three man weave. It's a painful listen because it always seems like they are constantly talking over each other.

Mully and Hanley have that part down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
eddie wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Nice job with the pseudo-intellectualisms but really if I was made ill by something I'd try to avoid it. Since you keep coming back you're either Einstein's definition of insane or Forrest Gump's "stupid is as stupid does". Are you Gloopan the III? :roll:

It's interesting to me that you respond to my post not by disagreeing with my point, but by attacking me. I can only assume, then, that you agree with my points about the show's catastrophic ineptitude. Good.

Now let's move on to the points where we disagree. You describe my post as "pseudo-intellectual," a puzzling term to use in this context since I was completely unaware my post had any intellectual pretensions whatsoever. Indeed, my comment neither makes any scholarly references nor uses an esoteric vocabulary. All of the words contained in it, in fact, are commonly taught at the junior high school or high school level. Do you consider the use of such an admittedly rudimentary vocabulary "pseudo-intellectual?" If so, I can only imagine you would do so because your own vocabulary does not have the range of a typical elementary school student. But then that would make you the "pseudo-intellectual" since you are using a word without understanding its meaning, wouldn't it? Or perhaps it would just make you borderline illiterate or irretrievably stupid. I'll let you make the call, but I vote for a combination of the latter two possibilities.

In any event, it occurs to me that your use of the word "pseudo-intellectual" implies that you are an authority on the appropriate form of "intellectualism" to be expressed on this board. Since I am nothing more than a "pseudo-intellectual" in your view, I would appreciate the opportunity to be enlightened about the nature of "true intellectualism" when it comes to posting here. Please provide an example of true intellectualism as you define it so I can pattern my future posts after it accordingly. If you fail to do so, however, I'm afraid that I'll again have to regard your post as a worthless pile of shit since you are again using words without knowing what the Hell you're talking about.

I look forward to your response.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tall Midget wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It's interesting to me that you respond to my post not by disagreeing with my point, but by attacking me. I can only assume, then, that you agree with my points about the show's catastrophic ineptitude. Good.

Now let's move on to the points where we disagree. You describe my post as "pseudo-intellectual," a puzzling term to use in this context since I was completely unaware my post had any intellectual pretensions whatsoever. Indeed, my comment neither makes any scholarly references nor uses an esoteric vocabulary. All of the words contained in it, in fact, are commonly taught at the junior high school or high school level. Do you consider the use of such an admittedly rudimentary vocabulary "pseudo-intellectual?" If so, I can only imagine you would do so because your own vocabulary does not have the range of a typical elementary school student. But then that would make you the "pseudo-intellectual" since you are using a word without understanding its meaning, wouldn't it? Or perhaps it would just make you borderline illiterate or irretrievably stupid. I'll let you make the call, but I vote for a combination of the latter two possibilities.

In any event, it occurs to me that your use of the word "pseudo-intellectual" implies that you are an authority on the appropriate form of "intellectualism" to be expressed on this board. Since I am nothing more than a "pseudo-intellectual" in your view, I would appreciate the opportunity to be enlightened about the nature of "true intellectualism" when it comes to posting here. Please provide an example of true intellectualism as you define it so I can pattern my future posts after it accordingly. If you fail to do so, however, I'm afraid that I'll again have to regard your post as a worthless pile of shit since you are again using words without knowing what the Hell you're talking about.

I look forward to your response.

Hey! Consumerism is good, ya commie. :wink:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:58 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
And....winter break is upon us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
anyone else notice that "passive aggressive" is being said more often?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
anyone else notice that "passive aggressive" is being said more often?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:33 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Translation
Im not playing when I tell you it shocks the hell out of me that people listen to this show for more than a few minutes a day. Between the fake Bulls love, Spiegal spoutiing non sense that has nothing to do with anything, the way theyre proud of not knowing things a sports host should, the lame ass stories, the bragging about boats, and the fact that they think theyre so important. Shit makes me sick, yo