It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Not really. The "Senior Columnist" jab was a solid hook but the rest was a bunch of flailing around. The buildup had me engorged but the payoff left me with giant elephant nuts.

Cats reenact THE CONFRONTATION from transition:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
SomeGuy wrote:
The buildup had me engorged but the payoff left me with giant elephant nuts.

Agreed. It was quite similar to True Detective.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
The buildup had me engorged but the payoff left me with giant elephant nuts.

Agreed. It was quite similar to True Detective.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Just turned the dial to check out the show today. Gonna give them the first two hours before I have a
conference call. Probably some pretty decent NFL chatter, maybe a little hockey. I'd like to hear some
talk about the Big Ten basketball tournament but that is probably a long shot for this show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Just turned the dial to check out the show today. Gonna give them the first two hours before I have a
conference call. Probably some pretty decent NFL chatter, maybe a little hockey. I'd like to hear some
talk about the Big Ten basketball tournament but that is probably a long shot for this show.

Maque is out.

rozner is in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Maque is out.

rozner is in.

Gives me a little hope for some college hoops talk then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 am 

College hoops talk? Boy...that'll pack the auditorium in a year like our locals are having.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 am 

Mac wrote:
College hoops talk? Boy...that'll pack the auditorium in a year like our locals are having.

It's bad and will make for some bad radio.

Hopefullh we get some rofute efficiency talk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Gerrys
These two together suck so much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Mac wrote:

I'd be curious to hear about what percentage of sports radio listeners are gamblers (or even amateur bracketologists), who might actually be interested in hoops talk. Because these people don't care about local teams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 am 

Mac wrote:

I think a segment would be nice. Not all of the listeners went to Northwestern or Illinois.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
SomeGuy wrote:
Mac wrote:

It's bad and will make for some bad radio.

Hopefullh we get some rofute efficiency talk.

Rozner = Golf talk. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:40 am 

As a Big Ten football fan, it bums me out Chicago is so indifferent to college sports. Wish it were different, but that's never going to change. As for gambling...hey you know I'm in on that come tourney time.... but there are probably even fewer wagerers on the regular season than there are people who just want to hear about college hoops. #protown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Just about any topic can be interesting if you make it interesting. Except hockey. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Mac wrote:
As a Big Ten football fan, it bums me out Chicago is so indifferent to college sports. Wish it were different, but that's never going to change. As for gambling...hey you know I'm in on that come tourney time.... but there are probably even fewer wagerers on the regular season than there are people who just want to hear about college hoops. #protown

Well, we all know there are lots of Big Ten fans in Chicago. The issue is, I generally don't want to hear about the other teams in the Big Ten. So if I'm in the mood for some Bucky sports talk, I get it online and from the guys covering the team in Madison.

Sort of similar to why I never listen to national sports radio. I pretty much only want to hear Bears talk, and I don't want half-assed Bears talk from Greeney and Golic who are just watching highlights and picking up on the national, usually boring Bears topics. Nothing for me there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They bring on the radio guy from Oakland, and he remarks jokingly how they got him up early to talk to them. Grimace retorts, "Yes, I know how time zones work...." Even if he was joking, it still sounded like a dick thing to say. He is such a fuck, I would have hung up on his ass if I was the Oakland guy right then and there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Mac wrote:

Well, we all know there are lots of Big Ten fans in Chicago. The issue is, I generally don't want to hear about the other teams in the Big Ten. So if I'm in the mood for some Bucky sports talk, I get it online and from the guys covering the team in Madison.

Sort of similar to why I never listen to national sports radio. I pretty much only want to hear Bears talk, and I don't want half-assed Bears talk from Greeney and Golic who are just watching highlights and picking up on the national, usually boring Bears topics. Nothing for me there.

I follow the Big Ten in football and basketball relatively closely. I just thought a ten minute segment before changing
gears or reracking NFL free agency yet again might be interesting. Guess I'm in the minority.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mac wrote:

Danny Ecker reports DePaul attendance averaged 1,900 this year!

No need to have it as a topic....unless bracket gambling issues....

However, still think it is the sleeping giant in this city....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:03 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
They bring on the radio guy from Oakland, and he remarks jokingly how they got him up early to talk to them. Grimace retorts, "Yes, I know how time zones work...." Even if he was joking, it still sounded like a dick thing to say. He is such a fuck, I would have hung up on his ass if I was the Oakland guy right then and there.

Vintage Gravy

What a dick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, you know, a "Well, we appreciate it, thanks for coming on," would have worked. Jesus, I wish Grimace would roll out the door.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Vintage Gravy

What a dick

Well, he did say something about having an intern run out and get him a coffee if he was in Chicago or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Vintage Gravy

What a dick

Well, he did say something about having an intern run out and get him a coffee if he was in Chicago or something like that.

:lol: Wait? The Oakland guy said that?

If so, that's awesome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
You want ratings dominance? Rip Theo's "plan" full time non-stop for the next 6 weeks!
(You know like B&B on "top" of that Pen St. story.)

Advertise it.. (Billboards saying "We rip Theo 9-1 non stop on the score 670")

I bet your rise would be meteoric!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
rogers park bryan wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Vintage Gravy

What a dick

:lol: Wait? The Oakland guy said that?

If so, that's awesome

No. Oakland Guy (no relation to Ray) said he will be in Chicago soon. Spiegs said they will have an intern run out to fetch coffee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:27 am 

:lol: :lol:

Even Better

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Mac wrote:

Is it indifference or just the fact that the fandom is so diffuse? It would seem to be difficult to adequately serve all the warring clans of Big Ten + Notre Dame + Marquette + DePaul + anyone else I left off with a significant Chicago contingent. It's hard to dwell on Illinois because the Chicago/downstate cultural divide leaves them out in the dust for people without a relationship to the university. Plus, if you're north of Cook County you're probably closer to Madison than you are to Champaign.

In short, it's like hockey talk × 20.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
A long time ago,I followed Carl Golston & Alfredrick Hughes (Do you know the team?). College Basketball was magic around these parts back then. Chicago was hoop crazy for college ball .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
:lol: Zawaski with a good one... Says the 9-1 show will have lots of salary cap space after June. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Godfella wrote:
:lol: Zawaski with a good one... Says the 9-1 show will have lots of salary cap space after June. :lol:

Quality there for Jay.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
jimmypasta wrote:
A long time ago,I followed Carl Golston & Alfredrick Hughes (Do you know the team?). College Basketball was magic around these parts back then. Chicago was hoop crazy for college ball .

Lie-ola

I loved Alfredrick because he has the most first names of all time.

You can call him -

Al
Alfred
Fred
Fredrick
Rick