It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm game
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Scorehead wrote:
So Mac shows up here & does a hit & run post with no intention of answering the questions that he already knows will be asked. Nice.

He specifically said he was going to answer Tuesday night, didn't he?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Darkside wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
So Mac shows up here & does a hit & run post with no intention of answering the questions that he already knows will be asked. Nice.

That is what I heard. I hope he does.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Oh, ok. I don't read every post here. Lets see what Mac has to say Tuesday night.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Scorehead wrote:

Funny how reading the board and listening to talk radio makes one angry about almost everything in life? The endless sarcasm. The tired old complaints. The personal attacks. The impatience. I find myself falling into these traps. Heck, I've been back to this thread 4 times looking for answers and have been disappointed each time.

Somehow makes responses are must read while his show is take it or leave it for me. And I am a big fan of his.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mac said he'd answer everything tuesday night.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:17 pm 

Echo!
Echo!
Echo!
Echo!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Mac said he'd answer everything tuesday night.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darko's post was so page 5....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 pm 

Why hasn't Mac answered anyone's questions yet?

Lazy....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Pat Summerall wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Why hasn't Mac answered anyone's questions yet?

Lazy....

Something happened. And whatever it was, it certainly was most likely something, because the crowd has been silenced and begins to cheer loudly, depending on the situation in front of me, turns to John and says Isn't that right, John. Well, boom, then stuff and circles of motion while saying noting particularly specific. Insert joke about abusing unsuspecting personel at various locations while describing a large, completely ridiculous amount of alcohol.

Wrong Pat. Nothing happenned. Go have another drink.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Pat Summerall wrote:
Something happened. And whatever it was, it certainly was most likely something, because the crowd has been silenced and begins to cheer loudly, depending on the situation in front of me, turns to John and says Isn't that right, John. Well, boom, then stuff and circles of motion while saying noting particularly specific. Insert joke about abusing unsuspecting personel at various locations while describing a large, completely ridiculous amount of alcohol.

Wrong Pat. Nothing happenned. Go have another drink.

If a mult responds to a mult in the Danny Mac section does it make a sound?

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Phil just gave me a UFBT idea...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Phil just gave me a bad idea...

Fixed?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

probably.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Is "bone-in" meat good enough to justify paying the extra cost for said bone versus the equal absent quantity of meat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
How much weight do you give to people who sling opinions on MBs? I just found this place today, and am completely bemused by the vitriol of three or four people towards Spiegs, seemingly because he has interests other than sports, does something other than watch/think about sports all day, likes working with you, and used to be fat. A slightly higher number seem to hate you, seemingly because you've had the audacity to modify your style over the course of a long and continuing career, and you're either too bitter, not bitter enough, too smart, or too dumb.

There was also that contest recently where Spiegs beat you in the polls. Again, do these people bother you, or make you think? Are you and Mitch in a meeting every time some random person makes a complaint? Your numbers are great, your parties and appearances are well-attended, but to read this forum you'd think you needed to nail boards over the windows of your show.

Really I'd like to ask a similar question of all the hosts, but I only get one post until clearance and you got it.

For the record, I listened to Spiegs at Sporting News and you for many years. I actually didn't think you two would fit together nearly as well as you do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:43 am 

YourMom wrote:
How much weight do you give to people who sling opinions on MBs? I just found this place today, and am completely bemused by the vitriol of three or four people towards Spiegs, seemingly because he has interests other than sports, does something other than watch/think about sports all day, likes working with you, and used to be fat. A slightly higher number seem to hate you, seemingly because you've had the audacity to modify your style over the course of a long and continuing career, and you're either too bitter, not bitter enough, too smart, or too dumb.

uh huh. we're not *a*mused.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 am 

YourMom wrote:

There was also that contest recently where Spiegs beat you in the polls. Again, do these people bother you, or make you think? Are you and Mitch in a meeting every time some random person makes a complaint? Your numbers are great, your parties and appearances are well-attended, but to read this forum you'd think you needed to nail boards over the windows of your show.

Really I'd like to ask a similar question of all the hosts, but I only get one post until clearance and you got it.

For the record, I listened to Spiegs at Sporting News and you for many years. I actually didn't think you two would fit together nearly as well as you do.

Shouldn't your name by Spiegs' Mom?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am 

Douchebag wrote:

No, but yours I find apt.

I would like to remind you that the six billion other people on the planet (the ones not in YOUR MOVIE, starring: YOU!) perhaps hold a different opinion from yours. If you'd like to refer to me being someone's mom due to my bestowing an honest and genuine compliment to a show I enjoy listening to, feel free. And before it gets too mud-slingy in here, yes, I do know Matt Spiegel vaguely through his family. But, I do my best to assure you that the acquaintance would not cause me to spend four hours a day five days a week listening to him if I didn't enjoy it. A concept that seems to be difficult for many people here to grasp.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:54 am 

YourMom wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I would like to remind you that the six billion other people on the planet (the ones not in YOUR MOVIE, starring: YOU!) perhaps hold a different opinion from yours. If you'd like to refer to me being someone's mom due to my bestowing an honest and genuine compliment to a show I enjoy listening to, feel free. And before it gets too mud-slingy in here, yes, I do know Matt Spiegel vaguely through his family. But, I do my best to assure you that the acquaintance would not cause me to spend four hours a day five days a week listening to him if I didn't enjoy it. A concept that seems to be difficult for many people here to grasp.

I don't listen to him, and my movie starring me would suck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 am 

YourMom wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

You positively came in here looking for a fight. Your screen name, your comments. What different are you from the people you're jabbing your finger at, Hmm? What gives you moral superiority?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 am 

Darkside wrote:
You positively came in here looking for a fight. Your screen name, your comments. What different are you from the people you're jabbing your finger at, Hmm? What gives you moral superiority?

As I came in here to the "ask Mac a question" thread with a question for Mac, I'm unable to understand why you think I'm "positively...looking for a fight." I'm genuinely interested in how much weight is given to an MB such as this. It seems obvious to me that some people believe a lot, as they address Score employees directly, from the hosts all the way up to Mitch. Others seem to be here just to have discourse. I have absolutely no idea if public media folk take these things into consideration.

Also, I've claimed no moral superiority. I do claim to fight fairly and logically, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:10 am 

YourMom wrote:
As I came in here to the "ask Mac a question" thread with a question for Mac, I'm unable to understand why you think I'm "positively...looking for a fight." I'm genuinely interested in how much weight is given to an MB such as this. It seems obvious to me that some people believe a lot, as they address Score employees directly, from the hosts all the way up to Mitch. Others seem to be here just to have discourse. I have absolutely no idea if public media folk take these things into consideration.

Also, I've claimed no moral superiority. I do claim to fight fairly and logically, though.

Your tone I suppose, has the aire of one who stands on higher ground. Your first post, however, was a total gas, and was just full of malarkey. Let's review:

YourMom wrote:

First, no one picks on Meat because he has interests outside of sports. They criticize him because he allows his outside interests take over his real day job. I also am in a band, and also work a day job. If I were to start needing days off on either side of gigs because of my night job I'd eventually lose my job, as I suspect Speigs will if he continues on the path he's on. See, everyone has outside interests. All of us. I'm into music, you're into worrying about comments about relatives on a message board. We all have our obsessions. Continuing... "Used to be fat"?? really...

YourMom wrote:

This part baffles me... whose polls? Who are you talking to here, Mac? B&B? Who did speigs beat?
The parties and appearances are well attended? yeah, I was one of 37 at the macaversary. :lol: :roll:

YourMom wrote:

Shame that didn't last.

YourMom wrote:

Did you also comment on OG? Were we terribly unfair to him too?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Darkside wrote:
YourMom wrote:

Your tone I suppose, has the aire of one who stands on higher ground. Your first post, however, was a total gas, and was just full of malarkey. Let's review:

YourMom wrote:

First, no one picks on Meat because he has interests outside of sports. They criticize him because he allows his outside interests take over his real day job. I also am in a band, and also work a day job. If I were to start needing days off on either side of gigs because of my night job I'd eventually lose my job, as I suspect Speigs will if he continues on the path he's on. See, everyone has outside interests. All of us. I'm into music, you're into worrying about comments about relatives on a message board. We all have our obsessions. Continuing... "Used to be fat"?? really...

YourMom wrote:

This part baffles me... whose polls? Who are you talking to here, Mac? B&B? Who did speigs beat?
The parties and appearances are well attended? yeah, I was one of 37 at the macaversary. :lol: :roll:

YourMom wrote:

Shame that didn't last.

YourMom wrote:

Did you also comment on OG? Were we terribly unfair to him too?

I'm 100% in agreement but...

you were a lot nicer in 2009. I like the old Darko.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
If not for Mac, Spiegel is hosting in Decatur or Peoria, which is where he belongs. He isn't a good fit for Mac, WSCR, or major market radio. Mac wanted a puppet like Spiegel so he could have complete control over his show. The problem is that Meatpants is bad at radio. I believe that Mac will have a new partner in 2011.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Scorehead wrote:
If not for Mac, Spiegel is hosting in Decatur or Peoria, which is where he belongs. He isn't a good fit for Mac, WSCR, or major market radio. Mac wanted a puppet like Spiegel so he could have complete control over his show. The problem is that Meatpants is bad a radio. I believe that Mac will have a new partner in 2011.

I'm going to guess than Dan McNeil might already have had complete control over 'The Danny Mac Show' Just a guess...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
you were a lot nicer in 2009. I like the old Darko.

You know, back in 2009 I hadn't been backstabbed by some people close to me. And you know what, just fronting and lying about liking people you don't like gets you absolutely nowhere.
Shit man. I can play all nice and pretend to be someone I'm not and ultimately I would suffer for it, but you know at least people would think "I'm nice". Where does being nice get you, Cairo? I think you've espoused your opinion on where nice guys tend to finish.
And you know what, screw it. I don't see the need to be nice to people who drive me nuts. People who make comments that they don't fully understand that basically are insulting don't get a pass anymore. Maybe I'm getting old or something but I am not going to be walked on or fucked with any more. I'm still in a "high profile squabble" and you know what? I will never, never apologize for saying what I truly felt after months of repressing my anger and disappointment. Won't do it. Why? Because lying to myself is FAR more damaging than being who I am and believing what I believe. I don't need to be around people who are gonna fuck me over again the first chance they get. You know what they say, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice? Ain't gonna fool me twice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:24 am 

I must admit, I do enjoy your time taken to at least make the effort to debate rather than just spewing a few random "fucks" and "assholes" about. I enjoy debate, but I don't enjoy ridiculousness.

I can see how the "taking over his day job" may have some validity. What I don't understand is why that's so important to the listening public. If I talked all day for a living, and was in a band where I sang all night once a month, personally I would want to rest my voice the next day. I've always assumed this to be the case with Spiegel. It's obviously of no concern to Mitch or Dan to give him that one day a month off, so I guess I don't get what's the BFD. In browsing last night I saw one poster (apologies, I don't remember who) complaining about a lack of consistency, but again, I personally don't get that. I enjoy listening to Mac and Spiegs, but when one or both of them takes the day off, it doesn't make me cry, or curl up in a ball, or write a letter to my congressman. Or, to take out the hyperbole, complain on a message board. I either listen to whomever is on if I find them enjoyable, or I change the station.

The poll I was referring to was on chicagonow.com. The link is: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago ... -host.html

I have attended two Mac and Spiegel gatherings, and both were well-attended. I can only comment on the events I have seen.

The rest of your reply seems superfluously mean, which isn't something to which I care to respond.

Last edited by YourMom on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:30 am 

YourMom wrote:
I must admit, I do enjoy your time taken to at least make the effort to debate rather than just spewing a few random "fucks" and "assholes" about. I enjoy debate, but I don't enjoy ridiculousness.

We then you're gonna get a kick out of me.

yourMom wrote:
I can see how the "taking over his day job" may have some validity. What I don't understand is why that's so important to the listening public. If I talked all day for a living, and was in a band where I sang all night once a month, personally I would want to rest my voice the next day. I've always assumed this to be the case with Spiegel. It's obviously of no concern to Mitch or Dan to give him that one day a month off, so I guess I don't get what's the BFD. In browsing last night I saw one poster (apologies, I don't remember who) complaining about a lack of consistency, but again, I personally don't get that. I enjoy listening to Mac and Spiegs, but when one or both of them takes the day off, it doesn't make me cry, or curl up in a ball, or write a letter to my congressman. Or, to take out the hyperbole, complain on a message board. I either listen to whomever is on if I find them enjoyable, or a change the station.

Why is it important? Because the listeners expect continuity. We expect our host to host the show. How many saturday morning shifts did he miss? Most of them it seemed. And the thing is also this, you said you'd take a day off the next day to rest your voice, then you are completely admitting that your secondaryt job takes precidence over your primary job, which REQUIRES you to use your voice. His man job is talking, if he does a second job that hurts his ability to do his primary job, that would be cause for concern to both his "Fans" or listeners and certainly the management, who must wonder, at least privately, where his true alligences lie.

yourmom wrote:
The poll I was referring to was on chicagonow.com. The link is: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago ... -host.html

Wow. Pretty unscientific and goofy. THis poll is as meaningless as anything on this web site.

Quote:
I have attended two Mac and Spiegel gatherings, and both were well-attended. I can only comment on the events I have seen.

Which ones? Let's compare notes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 am 

Panther, seriously man, fuck off. This has nothing to do with you.
Goddamn man. Why do you try so fucking hard to get me to not like you? I wanted to like you when we met, and after... why are your trying so hard me make me change my mind man?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next