It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
:lol: problem solved.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
But no....dude was sticking to actual criminals being necessary for a teams succes...

Well, they do have a winning record....

Criminals I mean :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ivan, it doesnt matter, but its frustrating when people refuse to see what's painfully obvious.

Either this statement makes no sense or it does matter to you...

I don't care, so I can't make an argument either way. I don't know 'cause I don't work there. All I know is that it's funny and makes the show great.

Last edited by Krazy Ivan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
rogers park bryan wrote:
Why did Goff giggle and beg Dan to take the Cybermetrics guy?

Probably for the same reason so many people have viewed the "Dan Bernstein Goes Bonkers" video on YouTube. Because he hoped the call would frustrate Dan since there's entertainment value in that.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Probably for the same reason so many people have viewed the "Dan Bernstein Goes Bonkers" video on YouTube. Because he hoped the call would frustrate Dan since there's entertainment value in that.

To a certain extent there is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
What I would call a "normal" person is not wanted as a caller to the B&b Show. There are two basic types of callers- the morons that bernstein can tee off on or the sycophants that lick bernstein's balls telephonically. Generally that entails doing some free research on a topic bernstein is interested in (Quad City Pat) or a professional providing an "expert" opinion that validates bernstein's thoughts (the many guys calling in claiming to be doctors and lawyers), but exceptions are made for those who simply ape danny's thoughts using a different set of words (Ten Foot Midget, Maddux Boy).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm 

People who call sports radio shows are already sort of.......different. You notice it more on shows like B&B because they don't play nice with people just becasue they've been on hold for 30 minutes...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm 

It's not Elmhurst Steve. He's too busy playing "Out of shape meathead" on soon to be cancelled television shows.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What I would call a "normal" person is not wanted as a caller to the B&b Show. There are two basic types of callers- the morons that bernstein can tee off on or the sycophants that lick bernstein's balls telephonically. Generally that entails doing some free research on a topic bernstein is interested in (Quad City Pat) or a professional providing an "expert" opinion that validates bernstein's thoughts (the many guys calling in claiming to be doctors and lawyers), but exceptions are made for those who simply ape danny's thoughts using a different set of words (Ten Foot Midget, Maddux Boy).

so, you're saying they screen what you would call "normal" people?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's not Elmhurst Steve. He's too busy playing "Out of shape meathead" on soon to be cancelled television shows.

But the director is a great guy. He looked at me today!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:08 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Who is this fuckin' guy they are talking to right now about Notre Dame football? Some of his thoughts rival those of B&B callers...

Assume you are talking about the thug em up guy. I never caught his title, but I got the feeling he is some kind of play by play or color guy for Notre Dame.

edit: Name is Allen Pinkett.

Says college football needs more criminals. MeatPants tries to get him to clarify, thinking he's just trying to say more guys with an edge. But no....dude was sticking to actual criminals being necessary for a teams succes...

Not killers and rapists...just drinkers and brawlers.

like the ND broadcast booth of the last few years

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ivan, it doesnt matter, but its frustrating when people refuse to see what's painfully obvious.

Either this statement makes no sense or it does matter to you...

Not true. You've never been frustrated by something that doesnt really matter? Its just annoyance.
When Im going to the 12th floor and someone hits 8 its frustrating, but it doesnt really matter.

Krazy Ivan wrote:
I don't care, so I can't make an argument either way. I don't know 'cause I don't work there. All I know is that it's funny and makes the show great.

Eh....you dont work on Mac's show either and you're comfortable saying he doesnt want your demographic.

Why? Because it's obvious. Just like the stuff on B and B

IMO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Right....so he put a dumb caller on on purpose. Of course its for entertainment value.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

so, you're saying they screen what you would call "normal" people?

I don't think a lot of normal people call, but those that do are usually blown off quickly so that danny can get to the idiots that make him feel smart or the ass-lickers that make him feel right.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:17 pm 

rpb, you should go intern for a day on B&B. Then we'd know something. Although I think mack and cairo already did.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
City of Fools wrote:
rpb, you should go intern for a day on B&B. Then we'd know something. Although I think mack and cairo already did.

In the 5 hours we sat there, they put every call that came through on the air. Take that for what it's worth. However, Laurence was subbing for Bernstein that week, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
but exceptions are made for those who simply ape danny's thoughts using a different set of words (Ten Foot Midget, Maddux Boy).

I rarely pay attention to callers names, so I dont know much about Maddux boy but I heard one yesterday.

Awful. and he's old! I figured it was a kid or something.

He called in to let Dan know that the smart phone has revolutionized gambling because "you can just send someone a text, you dont even have to talk"

Great Insight. Previously, I had been screaming into my phone when attempting to text someone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Eh....you dont work on Mac's show either and you're comfortable saying he doesnt want your demographic.

IMO

Nope. I know becasue Mac has said as much on several occasions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

They should intern for me.

I could help Dan sound like he knows what he's talking about when he brings up trading...instead of just saying "Candlestick charts exist" in long form

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 pm 

So....Mac's partner is going to be Mike from Milwaukee.

The thread comes full circle.....and can now be put down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:23 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

IMO

Really?

Mac said "I dont want basketball fans or anyone who listens to current music listening to my show"?

Got a link on that?

Also, how did you determine North was a bigot? Did he say "I am a bigot" or was it just really obvious listening to his show?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

miss a little...miss a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
City of Fools wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

miss a little...miss a lot.

That's what Murph always said back in the day. As for Mike from Milwaukee, as Ken Harrelson might say...

"No."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:28 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

IMO

Really?

Mac said "I dont want basketball fans or anyone who listens to current music listening to my show"?

Got a link on that?

Also, how did you determine North was a bigot? Did he say "I am a bigot" or was it just really obvious listening to his show?

wait...North's a bigot?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 pm 

No, he's very progressive. Especially regarding Chinamen and Blacks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 pm 

:lol:

Mac has said he's not an NBA fan and doesn't like talking NBA basketball. He has told me, as a listener, that if I want to hear NBA talk, not hockey talk, maybe some up to date music talk...then I need to PTFB. I don;t dislike Mac, I just listen to what he said. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't. I don't dislike him, he just doesn't entertain me all the time.

I didn't like Mike North or his show. I found him to be dumb and offensive to me personally. I didn;t think I had to wait for him to tell me he is a bigot.

In the same vein (since this seems to be old B&B argement that nobody is going to win day) if this show is bothersome or offensive to you, maybe there are other shows that would suit you better. But to say something doesn't matter, and then vigerously argue it's point doesn't make any sense...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:

I just followed the crowd at chow time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
He isn't busy.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
:lol:

Mac has said he's not an NBA fan and doesn't like talking NBA basketball. He has told me, as a listener, that if I want to hear NBA talk, not hockey talk, maybe some up to date music talk...then I need to PTFB. I don;t dislike Mac, I just listen to what he said. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't. I don't dislike him, he just doesn't entertain me all the time.

I didn't like Mike North or his show. I found him to be dumb and offensive to me personally. I didn;t think I had to wait for him to tell me he is a bigot.

In the same vein (since this seems to be old B&B argement that nobody is going to win day) if this show is bothersome or offensive to you, maybe there are other shows that would suit you better. But to say something doesn't matter, and then vigerously argue it's point doesn't make any sense...

While Mike North had a huge role in the overall success & growth of The SCORE since day 1, I was never a North fan either. My problem with his morning show was that North tried to be someone he clearly wasn't. They wanted North to be a poor man's Don Imus, not always talking sports, but talking politics and other topics North clearly didn't know what in the hell he was talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:40 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Right, so you dont have to work on a show to pick up on something so obvious, glad we debunked that myth.

Krazy Ivan wrote:

The show doesnt bother me at all. I enjoy it on a daily basis.

Im slightly bothered when people pretend not to see prejudice because of its target.

But that's not B and B. That's just a small pct of their fans.

And im not sure why you're having trouble understanding why something can be annoying but not really matter in the grand scheme of things....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next