It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So Dr Dre is not a legit doctor?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So Dr Dre is not a legit doctor?

Except him. I knew somebody would find one. Dammit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 pm 

spanky wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So, you listen to Dr's about weed but ignore them about alcohol?

See Scorehead's post on the previous page.

I'm sure I do a lot of things docs would frown upon. I've never, ever seen/heard a legit doc recommend weed for the general public. Ever.

Is that what you do? One glass of wine?

You are obviously steadfast in your view that alcohol is better than weed even in the face of a social worker who deals with these things, so this is pointless.

Everybody kill your braincells however you want! Dont drive though!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
HossasSlavicRage wrote:
Because for some it helps them feel better and more comfortable about it. I know its hard to understand that your limited world view and experience does not apply to others, but trust me, it does. People are very different and unique. Each one handles issues his or her own way. Obviously Mac has developed some bad coping mechanisms, here is to hope he is over those.

I think you misunderstood Franky T's post. I think he meant, he doesn't understand why people announce how little they listen to the show or their future listening habits, like Pappy's Crappy did.

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

You are obviously steadfast in your view that alcohol is better than weed even in the face of a social worker who deals with these things, so this is pointless.

Still waiting on any legit doc that recommends any amount of weed for general consumption. Any amount, anywhere, any way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Except jacked up on caffeine or drowsy from perscription or legal over-the-counter meds. Driving on that stuff is cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 pm 

No idea who the social worker is, and honestly no offense, but I'll take a MD's advice over theirs when it comes to physical health.

I can find you a social worker that will say all sorts of wild and wacky, unbelievable things.

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Except jacked up on caffeine or drowsy from perscription or legal over-the-counter meds. Driving on that stuff is cool.

:lol: :lol:

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Level yourself out with a line of cocaine and a shoot of Nyquil.

Walk that tightrope....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I'm trying to stay out of this, but you need to frame your debate better. Alcohol is better than weed. Abuse of alcohol is worse than abuse of weed.

If you go into a doctors office and claim that you drink 1 glass of your favorite alcohol a day they won't say anything and will likely claim that it is not only acceptable but has positive health benefits. If you claim to smoke marijuana every day they will likely counsel you to lower your usage or quit. The same would be true of cigarettes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 pm 

spanky wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Still waiting on any legit doc that recommends any amount of weed for general consumption. Any amount, anywhere, any way.

Is your point that alcohol is good for you in general because some Dr's reccommend wine?

Ill say this, drinking one glass of wine is not bad for you. But thats not the kind of alcohol consumption were talking about, so let's not be ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spanky wrote:
I've never, ever seen/heard a legit doc recommend weed for the general public. Ever.

I've recently taken up cocaine.

I don't feel like going back and reading the whole thing.

So, what happened, smoking weed made him gay? Fill me in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I'm trying to stay out of this, but you need to frame your debate better. Alcohol is better than weed. Abuse of alcohol is worse than abuse of weed.

To say is "alcohol is better than weed" is too broad and its not true across the board.

But regardless, when were having this debate, we are obviously not talking about one glass of wine a night.

If in all those arguments, you guys were talking one glass of wine a night, then we agree.

But we arent, obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I'm disturbed by the level of hatred aspoused by SID and Gloop in this thread. What did Dan McNeil do to you guys to warrant those reactions and comments?

Granted, I'm not a fan of his show but this is more than just radio. This is real life stuff here. I do hope for the best for Dan and I'm not sure why anyone else wouldn't really.

I can tell you that Gloop has had some personal interaction with Danny Mac, SID, just sounds like a disgruntled ex worker in the same industry.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
"I was born with something that I have no control over," McNeil told listeners of his depression.

Isn't one of the 12 steps taking personal responsibility?
Isn't recognizing the problem and asking for help the pure definition of taking personal responsibility?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eaUXkicnXQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I would suggest that if one is so quick to dismiss the unquestionable medical fact - and it's a fact, like it or not - that Clinical Depression exists, it seems to me that one is just looking for a reason not to accept a condition they don't understand and therefore don't want to take the time to investigate, and instead wish to take the easy way out by obliquely mocking its existence and/or its pervasiveness in a given sufferer's life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I don't feel like going back and reading the whole thing.

:lol:

Smoking weed doesn't make you gay--the cure for it might.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

The opening is being replayed right now for those that can reach a radio/stream.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[

If you go into a doctors office and claim that you drink 1 glass of your favorite alcohol a day they won't say anything

That is not true. Even if the drink were wine they'd probably say, you dont need to do it every day. But if you say I have a stiff scotch every night the Dr is not gonna high five you.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[ If you claim to smoke marijuana every day they will likely counsel you to lower your usage or quit. The same would be true of cigarettes.

Just like with alcohol, they'd tell you to lower it or quit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:51 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
To say is "alcohol is better than weed" is too broad and its not true across the board.
Somehow it's acceptable for you to say that "weed is better than alcohol"? That isn't true across the board, and realistically the only time weed is better is when dealing with the varying degrees of alcohol abuse.
rogers park bryan wrote:
But regardless, when were having this debate, we are obviously not talking about one glass of wine a night.

If in all those arguments, you guys were talking one glass of wine a night, then we agree.

But we arent, obviously.
Why not? A large majority of people use alcohol responsibly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Alcohol is better than weed.

I agree. But cocaine is better than both of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Alcohol is better than weed.

I agree. But cocaine is better than both of them.

This statement is dripping in the sweet sauce of truth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:56 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[

If you go into a doctors office and claim that you drink 1 glass of your favorite alcohol a day they won't say anything

That is not true. Even if the drink were wine they'd probably say, you dont need to do it every day. But if you say I have a stiff scotch every night the Dr is not gonna high five you.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[ If you claim to smoke marijuana every day they will likely counsel you to lower your usage or quit. The same would be true of cigarettes.

Just like with alcohol, they'd tell you to lower it or quit.
You are wrong. No doctor who knows anything will counsel you to stop drinking 1 or 2 drinks a day for men and 1 drink a day for a woman unless there is an underlying medical condition(including being an alcoholic). Medical science, the same one that IMU loves to ignore, has found POSITIVE health outcomes from having a moderate amount of alcohol every day. Don't be an IMU in this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Somehow it's acceptable for you to say that "weed is better than alcohol"? That isn't true across the board, and realistically the only time weed is better is when dealing with the varying degrees of alcohol abuse

Alcohol causes more problems

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why not? A large majority of people use alcohol responsibly.

Really?

Most people have the equivalent of one glass of wine or less?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Tobacco stomps alcohol in the kills-you-dead-in-a-slow-painful-way sabermetric. It's not even close.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Please use "alcohol abuse". I mean, I could say that chocolate causes more problems than weed but that doesn't mean that chocolate is more dangerous.
rogers park bryan wrote:
Most people have the equivalent of one glass of wine or less?
That's not the line for responsible drinking. That is the currently accepted line for positive health benefits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:04 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Just like with alcohol, they'd tell you to lower it or quit.[/quote]You are wrong. No doctor who knows anything will counsel you to stop drinking 1 or 2 drinks a day for men and 1 drink a day for a woman unless there is an underlying medical condition(including being an alcoholic)[/quote]
You're right on that. I would think though that the every day thing would be something a doctor would advise against because of the habit forming thing.

But, again, who has 1 or 2 drinks when they drink?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Just wanted to wish Mac the best in his battles. I have been struggling again since my
divorce was finalized so I know exactly what he is going through. My 30 day stint in rehab
10 months ago obviously didn't take and I have made a lot of bad choices since getting my
own place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next