It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Attention Chicago:

It is now safe. Report all of Goff's "Da Ma Na" insults to this board. You no longer need to be afraid.

Funny how they all come out after I opened the flood gates. Where were these reports when they happened?

It wasn't really an issue?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is not about race. All races, colors and creeds should be offened by what Goff is doing to Dan McNeil.

I'm serious. This is now the place to report all of Goff's "Da Ma Nas". Chicago will evaluate them and make judgment as to whether or not it's humor or evil. At this point, it could only be evil. Goff has an agenda more than ever before with this. The humor has gone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keeping Score wrote:
Beardown wrote:
This is not about race.

That would be a first.

For Goff? Absolutley.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:34 pm 

Beardown wrote:
This is not about race. All races, colors and creeds should be offened by what Goff is doing to Dan McNeil.

Oh, Beardown.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Beardown wrote:
Goff is gonna dig his heels in on this one.

You know what I don't get? Why? What's his end game? What's the purpose of all of it?

Goff will say "I'm entertaining people, cracker."

I'll say bullshit. You're not.

There is some sort of thing with him and conflict and confrontation. He loves it. Him with the final word. Him talking over people. Him having to be the alpha dog. Him having to twist the blade. Him fighting "non Bernstein" people when he's not even a Bernstein person.

Why? Especially with so much at stake. He's always been on the verge of making it big at the Score. Or so it would seem with his huge presence on that station. Why must he jeopordize that for a stupid "Da Ma Na" war, racism accusations and all of his other nonsense and bullshit?

It's sports radio, Goff. Jesus Christ. Why is every day on Bernstein's show a perceived war for you? Why is everything so god damn heavy? Seriously.

I don't get it. Maybe you guys could explain it to me.

Wasn't it about a year or so ago that one Danny Mac posted that Goff was going to be the biggest thing in Chicago sports radio? Also, I believe he said Holmes was the best teammate one employee could ever ask for and it was ridiculous for the board to be questioning his (Mac's) choice of Larry as a fill in. So to go from those viewpoints to naming Finfer number one off the bench, Mac had to have felt really slighted by Goff or decided those two aren't as talented as he once thought.

Interesting times here at the CSFMB. It's like the old days again when sports radio was the driving force behind this board. Let's send out an APB for Anus Face AKA Penis Breath and bring this thing full circle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Beardown wrote:
Where were these reports when they happened?

Nobody cares but you...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Where were these reports when they happened?

Nobody cares but you...

Yeah, that's why there's several multi-page threads about this stuff. :o :x :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 am 

Beardown wrote:
I know Bernstein goes to war every day. I know Goff learned it from him. But it's different how Goff does it. Bernstein is measured, careful and calculated in what he says. It's part bit and part getting his agenda across. But it's all controlled.

Goff, on the other hand, while trying to be him, is completely unhinged, batshit crazy, and out of control. You've gotta calm down for your own good, Jason. You're just killing yourself.

I'm probably the only one willing to give you some good advice. You surround yourself with people who tell you that you're great -co workers, friends and unblocked twitter people. Mitch and B&B don't help you out cuz they don't really give a shit about you.

Your methods are starting to become unsound.

I don't think this describes Goff at all.

I don't think producers have the luxury of surrounding themselves with anyone, let alone yes men.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:32 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I know Bernstein goes to war every day. I know Goff learned it from him. But it's different how Goff does it. Bernstein is measured, careful and calculated in what he says. It's part bit and part getting his agenda across. But it's all controlled.

Goff, on the other hand, while trying to be him, is completely unhinged, batshit crazy, and out of control. You've gotta calm down for your own good, Jason. You're just killing yourself.

I'm probably the only one willing to give you some good advice. You surround yourself with people who tell you that you're great -co workers, friends and unblocked twitter people. Mitch and B&B don't help you out cuz they don't really give a shit about you.

Your methods are starting to become unsound.

I don't think this describes Goff at all.

I don't think producers have the luxury of surrounding themselves with anyone, let alone yes men.

I'm not saying he has a paid entourage. But his friends at the Score wouldn't give him constructive critcism. Drinky and Larry do nothing put gush over him. Goff returns the favor by gushing over them. It's kind of a "You stroke me and I'll stroke you" thing that they have amongst themselves. You're right, he doesn't have "yes men". They're more like boosters.

I've heard Larry have Goff on as a guest at 6:05 after Goff had been talking for 5 hours. The intro and outro superlatives that Larry gives him take more time than the actual "basketball interview".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

At the end of the day, it's gotta fall on Mitch to implement policies for conduct and behavior. And to have the spine to put the hammer down if rules are violated. His lack of leadership and control is why the Score guys are running wild.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:50 pm 

Mitch seems like a good guy and a big radio fan. I mean, he cut his teeth at 1000 in its prime. I'm sure he knows radio. It's too bad the culture of CBS Radio, and WSCR especially, is what it is and reduces him to giving interviews about how awesome his lineup is while his afternoon staff brags about doing zero show prep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm sure the Score producers would just say the following to Mitch if he tried to control them better:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwFO4l74yY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Mitch seems like a good guy and a big radio fan. I mean, he cut his teeth at 1000 in its prime. I'm sure he knows radio. It's too bad the culture of CBS Radio, and WSCR especially, is what it is and reduces him to giving interviews about how awesome his lineup is while his afternoon staff brags about doing zero show prep.

I their defense, Bernstein asks nothing of them. He's got in mind what he's gonna do every day. He doesn't need any help from them. Bernstein starts the car. Boers follows Dan's lead. Goff talks his shit. Drinky answers a few phone calls and stares at Bernstein for 5 hours.

They brag about it cuz it's cool to them. They want everybody to know how easy they have it. In this sense, they are very lucky to work for Bernstein. He doesn't make them do anything like other hosts. So their jobs are pressure free.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's go Bernstein on this issue:

Bernstein: How does digging your heels in on a "Da Ma Na Insult Campaign" get you closer to becoming a full time talk show host?

It doesn't. It only hurts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tall Midget wrote:
Yeah, that's why there's several multi-page threads about this stuff. :o :x :wink:

It's because someone keeps replying to himself...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

I brought it up earilier, but I was wondering what CSFMB thought about it.

What will old man Boers do in this radio dilemma? Will he side with his old radio partner or defend his young protege? Because I'm pretty confiedent that Goff can't wait for Terry to return from vacation so he can ask for his help.

Discuss, Chicago!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Look, *SIGH*, again, in point of fact, DaaaMaaaNaaaaa is a big boy, eh, uh, uh, but not as big as he used to be, uh, uh, I, I, I don't get involved in these petty station politics, but eh, uh, look again, a guy like Murph was one of the biggest pieces of human garbage on the earth, say it like ya mean it, and I managed to uh, eh, I managed to keep quiet until he was gone, but, uh, eh, nobody's paying attention to me anyway, for the love of God, *SIGH*, but, look, again, when I think of situations like this, I think of the way my little mulatto buddy, Laaaawn Hooomes would handle it, and, uh, uh, again, the best policy is to keep quiet and wait until the guy crawls back to Northwest Indiana before saying anything. That's all's I'm sayin'. That's all's I'm sayin'. But again, that's just what's worked for me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nice effort Joe, but you're off on this one.

Boers loves this shit. He doesn't shy away from petty Score wars as you suggest. Boers loves petty Score fights. He fought Murph long before he was gone. If he doesn't fight it personally, he at least loves to add fuel to the Score fires.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Beardown wrote:
Nice effort Joe, but you're off on this one.

Boers loves this shit. He doesn't shy away from petty Score wars as you suggest. Boers loves petty Score fights. He fought Murph long before he was gone. If he doesn't fight it personally, he at least loves to add fuel to the Score fires.

Oh, he'll snipe and make snide comments. But one of the hallmarks of Team bernstein is that when confronted they back right up. "Who me?" That's why Goff got so uncomfortable when Mac asked him flat out about "relevant idiot". They're not used to being confronted directly. It would be awesome if Tommy Williams was waiting outside one night when Larry got off work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

True. But maybe since Boers has a relationship with Mac he won't do his "weezle thing". Maybe he'd be more comfortable telling Mac to go fuck himself right to his face.

Goff: Oh boy!!! Oh boy!!!! Oh boy!!!!

Beardown: Calm down. Maybe. Maybe not. You're probably gonna have to ask Boers real nice. Maybe drum up some tears when you go to him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Either way it matters not....

The war is on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

It's easy to block texts and Twitter like a coward. It's a little tougher when a rugged former high school football-playing hillbilly from NWI is demanding answers. DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RELEVANT IDIOT????!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff hides behind B&B with all of his bravado and toughness.

He's in for a rude awakening if and when he ever leaves the B&B nest. Be it in radio or anything else he might do. When he has no B&B backup, he'll be put in his place. Like we heard with that Mac confrontation. People aren't gonna take his shit and he has no ability to back up anything he does or says cuz it's all nonsense and he's scared when he gets confronted.

You can actually hear it in his voice. He's a confident, cocky bad ass on B&B. Didn't have that same cocky, confident voice when Mac called him out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Goff acted foolishly. He was getting opportunities to guest host frequently on Mac's show previously. He was establishing himself as a rising star. He had good input to offer, particularly on matters involving the NBA. But now he has let all the accolades given to him by others, go to his head and gotten an attitude. That attitude has served to damage his relationship with Dan and it's unlikely to be the same again. I do not believe Boers will be supportive on this matter either. It really doesn't matter much either way at this point though. An established star at a station can get away with some crap, not a producer that has yet to establish himself as a regular on-air personality.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

It could backfire on Goff if Boers goes hard on this issue. Goff might want to consider this and hold Boers back.

Mac: Wait a second, I'm not offended that B&B don't have Finfer as a guest host, why should I care about Goff subbing on my show? Why is their boy my responsibility when they don't care about my boys?

Oy. This is gonna get ugly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Drinky: Hey, what about me?

Mac:
Fuck you!!!

CSFMB: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 pm 

I don't buy this shit Beardown. And I agree with you most of the time. It's only logical Finfer would sub for Mac. It's not a power play. It's not because of the DaMaNaa stuff. Mackeyfish has said he wanted Ben to get these gigs. And the first sub spot should go to a Mac guy if it is on Mac's show. This is just a happy coincidence that you are reading too much in to.

However, I will say Goff's star is waning. Drinky went full supernova and black hole. He's ancient history. Goff is at the black/white dwarf stage. There's still some luminosity left in him but the end is coming.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zizou wrote:
I don't buy this shit Beardown. And I agree with you most of the time. It's only logical Finfer would sub for Mac. It's not a power play. It's not because of the DaMaNaa stuff. Mackeyfish has said he wanted Ben to get these gigs. And the first sub spot should go to a Mac guy if it is on Mac's show. This is just a happy coincidence that you are reading too much in to.

However, I will say Goff's star is waning. Drinky went full supernova and black hole. He's ancient history. Goff is at the black/white dwarf stage. There's still some luminosity left in him but the end is coming.

Well if its only logical Finfer should be subbing in, why has he not been until now? awfully big coincidence that this announcement comes right after Mac was made aware of what was being said while on vacation isnt it?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll repeat what I've said from the beginning. Others have said it too.

The timing is too coincidental. Yes, I know Finfer is Mac's boy. Everybody knows that. But he was his boy for the last few years when Goff and Larry were subbing on his show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

What about the Spiegel angle to this story. Mac said he's going with Finfer. What will Spiegel do?

Spiegel: Leave me out of this you son of a bitch!!!

I can't. Here are the factors

1. Spiegel and Goff have had some issues themselves. I don't think either one likes each other.

2. Will Spiegel feel guilted into having Larry and Goff because Mac banished them? Kind of a "feel sorry for them" thing.

3. Maybe Spiegel can't do it. Maybe it would just open the wound. Goff would use the platform to bitch about Mac not having him anymore. That would be awkward radio.

Man, this thing is so damn complicated. The Score Soap Opera is just amazing. Once again, Mitch allowed it to become this way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next