It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There wasn't enough time for him to really get called out about it, But Laura Washington and Dumke were definitely side-eyeing him. Weisman threw him a life preserver.

That's how fucking stupid Spiegel is. bernstein is smart enough to know that he can't use his regular race-baiting shock radio persona when he is in the grown-up world of something like WTTW.

I don't think he meant this one how it sounded. I think he was saying hockey players look like average Joes and it makes them more approachable. There are a ton of guys out there that are 6"1 200 lbs in good shape. I was suprised how similiar in my husband and Patrick Sharp are in height and build. You can spot a basketball player by height and you can spot football players by height/size/build. I don't know why he used white to make his case though. I think baseball players are fairly unspectacular but he wouldn't because he thinks baseball is really popular.

It was kinda dumb for him not to realize where he was or what he was saying though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There wasn't enough time for him to really get called out about it, But Laura Washington and Dumke were definitely side-eyeing him. Weisman threw him a life preserver.

That's how fucking stupid Spiegel is. bernstein is smart enough to know that he can't use his regular race-baiting shock radio persona when he is in the grown-up world of something like WTTW.

I don't think he meant this one how it sounded. I think he was saying hockey players look like average Joes and it makes them more approachable. There are a ton of guys out there that are 6"1 200 lbs in good shape. I was suprised how similiar in my husband and Patrick Sharp are in height and build. You can spot a basketball player by height and you can spot football players by height/size/build. I don't know why he used white to make his case though. I think baseball players are fairly unspectacular but he wouldn't because he thinks baseball is really popular.

It was kinda dumb for him not to realize where he was or what he was saying though.

I think he is clueless about hockey and said the first thing that came to his remedial senses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Let the record show redskingreg is a peanus .... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Spaulding wrote:
I think baseball players are fairly unspectacular

Yeah, I would have said it about baseball players. There's a guy named Franklin kicking the shit out of the Sox right now who looks like he's the waterboy for a junior high football team.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Unless it were a very popular player I doubt anyone would recognize any baseball players regardless of size or ethnicity. The only thing that could give them away are those stupid phiten double braided necklace.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
But he doesn't see it that way because baseball is important to him.

And I agree with Seacrest, I don't get the impression he is really bright.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's about the nicest thing you could say about a husband. I may just nominate you for third place behind Darkside/wife and doug/fiancee on the "Relationships that Embiggen Humanity" category of the board. The current rankings are as follows:

1. Darkside/wife
2. doug/fiancee
3. Keeping Score/dealer/aging wisconsin libertine

The easy answer for Spiegal would have been that they blend in because no on watches the sport so no one knows who these guys are.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
good dolphin wrote:
not a fan of the incessant fat jokes

Are the gay jokes ok?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I think baseball players are fairly unspectacular

Yeah, I would have said it about baseball players. There's a guy named Franklin kicking the shit out of the Sox right now who looks like he's the waterboy for a junior high football team.

Dustin Pedroia is a midget, as Stoneroses has reminded us many times.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7