It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 am 

Mitch allowed it because he knows it makes us pay attention. Without the drama at times, listeners tune out. Right now, with the tension, its appointment radio.

This also isn't anything new. The list of Boers arch enemies at WSCR alone runs reads like a who's who:

Ditka
Telander
Murph
Hampton
North

All were team mates, all who Boers now will take shots at every chance he gets. The Hampton one cracks me up as B&B took a lot of shots at Hamp, but ignored that LoHo also hosted that PTFB garbage fest fiasco at mid-days.

Infighting makes WSCR a station to listen to. Sometimes gets old, but by and large we just love this shit going on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
For someone who does quite a bit of stuttering himself, it's odd that Boers goes after Hamp the way he does.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I listened to the show today for the most part and thought Finfer and whomever he was with were pretty bad. Maybe Finfer needs a lead guy like Mac to pair up with, to keep him on point. But today he went on and on about things that just got tiresome and required PTFB. He did the same thing a week or two about when Neil Armstrong died - just kept going on and on about space travel and how much he loved and admired the guy. I'd definitely take Goff over Finfer and I'm not a fan of Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

I do understand why the Score is a soap opera

Think about it. They have all the ingredients.

There are 6 guys at the station that make the big money. Then the Score has about 10 to 15 guys (Producers and Update people) that are all trying to climb the media mountain. They're all competitive. Their competitive nature makes them jelous and hateful. They're also insecure and scared that they won't make the climb. These traits cause alliances, fighting, backstabbing and politicing. Thus the Soap Opera.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
He's not washed up

If he's DeNiro, he's in the Meet the Parents part of his career.

Make up your mind.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

There's also the backdrop of a class warfare at the Score. Seems to me that the update people are of higher education than the producers. I think this makes the producers feel inferior and that's why they cry, scream and act a fool. They feel they have to make people notice them. It's umbecoming behavior that probably hurts them more than helps. They don't realize that.

It always seems to me that guys like Zack, Conner, Espo, Rowdewall and Randazzo are above the child-like behavior of Goff and Drinky. You can pick this up when they do updates on B&B. Drink and Goff run around for 5 hours harrasing the update guys - snapping towels, dry humping them, making fart noises, giving them hot foots and shooting spit balls at them. The update guys are trying to be true pros and look down on Drink's and Goff's behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It can't be said enough: the Score sounds like such a terrible place to work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm 

Goff dry humping Zaidman. Titillating imagery that is.

To me, I think the Score is a cold war between Mac and Bernsie. Neither can directly confront each other because their respective radio powers would bring about mutually assured destruction. So, they engage in limited conflicts where one side's lickspittles snipe at the others (Spiegs vs Goff) or where one flunkie unsuccessfully attempts to actually attack the superpower host (Goff vs Mac, Spiegs vs Bernsie).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm 

What a thread! Great job everybody.

Zizou is right about the cold war between the Dans

Putting finfer ahead of Goff n Drink was Mac (US) beating Bernstein (USSR) to the moon

Interesting thing about Laurence is he fits in with the radio pros and the frat guy producers. some day he may have to pick a side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
What a thread! Great job everybody.

Zizou is right about the cold war between the Dans

Putting finfer ahead of Goff n Drink was Mac (US) beating Bernstein (USSR) to the moon

Interesting thing about Laurence is he fits in with the radio pros and the frat guy producers. some day he may have to pick a side

No, he can just stay put. Neither side really needs him in their war. Besides, LoHo doesn't have a genuine stance on anything. He approaches radio like a WWE performer. Play the heel just to get reactions; all the while looking like a goof when doing so. To the point nobody takes anything he says seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

I just hope like hell Goff doesn't take this out on Finfer. I hope B&B leave the kid alone as well. He doesn't deserve it. This isn't his fault. It's a damn shame that Finfer's big promotion is marred in the ugliness of a Score war.

If you must continue the attacks Jason, keep them directed at me an Mac. We can take it. We've been through the radio wars. Leave Finfer alone!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:
We can take it. We've been through the radio wars.

Beardown's delusions of grandeur have gone from alarming to charming as the years have gone by.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
It can't be said enough: the Score sounds like such a terrible place to work.

That wasn't always the case. Before Mitch & before Bernsy poisoned the station, WSCR was like a Family...actually more like a Fraternity, especially when it was on Belmont with WXRT. Every once in a while a company will be successful despite terrible leadership & management, & the Score is certainly an example of that.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:33 pm 

It rings true

The board has been thru all the Wars since it was born

Mike North Morning Show
North's contracts
Murph wars
The Bruce Wolf Thing
Danny Mac's comeback
Fights about and resulting from the Roasts
Laurence vs Every Ex employee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm 

The Bruce Wolf Thing was the best shit. That was just a scorefight breaking out because one was overdue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The Bruce Wolf Thing was the best shit. That was just a scorefight breaking out because one was overdue.

:lol:

And the winner....didnt work at the Score.

I love Bruce Wolf. Be nice if he came back for a week to fuck things up for everybody again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:52 pm 

I'm CSFMB-waybackin' it and reading the Bruce Wolf thread. Interesting stuff. Jalapenos & More, Tall Midget, Jason interfacing directly with Beardown. Then there's Pappy's Crappy complaining that Larry is handjobbing Zaidman and breaking bad on co-workers. I didn't realize both squares on the card had been going on that long.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

And the winner....didnt work at the Score.

I love Bruce Wolf. Be nice if he came back for a week to fuck things up for everybody again.
He's the lawyer that fuckhead bernsteins family wanted lil Danny to be. Also the first erudite smart alec joo sports dude in town. Bernstein isnt even a sweat stain on Wolf's yarmulke.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
We can take it. We've been through the radio wars.

Beardown's delusions of grandeur have gone from alarming to charming as the years have gone by.

It's not delusional. It's been Beardown vs. Team Bernstein for quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff was digging in today. Blamed the message boards. Coward out. Didn't own up. Gonna repost what I said in the B&B section. Gotta reach both sides in this war. :wink:

How about this, Jason? How about you learn a lesson from this situation? Maybe realize that you've done wrong.

1. If you're gonna be the tough guy that talks shit, own it. Don't deny it when confronted.

2. Maybe calm the hell down. It doesn't have to be a war every day. You're always looking for the enemy. Maybe look in the mirror. You are your worst enemy.

3. Maybe don't "shit-talk" co workers. Expecially ones that out rank you. Especially ones that were good enough to...ALLOW YOU TO SUB ON THEIR SHOW IN A PRIME TIME SLOT. What aspiring broadcater does that? Are you insane? What the hell is the upside?

4. Realize that Mac had you on his show when Bernstein picks Rosie and Rozner over you. Mac has been better to you than the guy you try to be like. A non Bernstein guy accepted you when the actual Bernstein does not. Realize that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Beardown has the fire and passion.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 am 

Beardown wrote:
Goff was digging in today. Blamed the message boards. Coward out. Didn't own up. Gonna repost what I said in the B&B section. Gotta reach both sides in this war. :wink:

How about this, Jason? How about you learn a lesson from this situation? Maybe realize that you've done wrong.

1. If you're gonna be the tough guy that talks shit, own it. Don't deny it when confronted.

2. Maybe calm the hell down. It doesn't have to be a war every day. You're always looking for the enemy. Maybe look in the mirror. You are your worst enemy.

3. Maybe don't "shit-talk" co workers. Expecially ones that out rank you. Especially ones that were good enough to...ALLOW YOU TO SUB ON THEIR SHOW IN A PRIME TIME SLOT. What aspiring broadcater does that? Are you insane? What the hell is the upside?

4. Realize that Mac had you on his show when Bernstein picks Rosie and Rozner over you. Mac has been better to you than the guy you try to be like. A non Bernstein guy accepted you when the actual Bernstein does not. Realize that.

1, 3, and 4 are correct and I dont think you can even dispute them

Not sure Goff is always looking for a war though

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 am 
1000 CLUB

Let's not forget that Larry got jacked in this thing too. That was because of Big Fan's thread. Nobody has questioned the truth of Big Fan's report. Why? Cuz why the hell would he make it up?

By the way, what has been the response from Larry's front? Anything? Has he blamed the media like Goff? Has he denied backstabbing Mac?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 am 

Beardown wrote:
Let's not forget that Larry got jacked in this thing too. That was because of Big Fan's thread. Nobody has questioned the truth of Big Fan's report. Why? Cuz why the hell would he make it up?

By the way, what has been the response from Larry's front? Anything? Has he blamed the media like Goff? Has he denied backstabbing Mac?

He'll mention it randomly when someone brings up Mac on his show. He'll be going to commerical and finish talking while SCOOOOORE UPDATE blairs over what he says

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

He'll mention it randomly when someone brings up Mac on his show. He'll be going to commerical and finish talking while SCOOOOORE UPDATE blairs over what he says

Larry will wait until Mac is retired in the trailer next door to Tommy Williams in Dyer, IN to start overtly slamming him. At that point even drinky should have some good stories.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Maybe it was more than the "Da Ma Na" stuff.

Somebody mentioned what Mac said yesterday. That Mac likes the fact that Finfer is a "disipline broadcaster". Goff's not. He doesn't have timing with a co host. He talks over and through his partner. Gets on long winded rants about nothing. Is too feisty. Always wans to fight. Can't take good natured ribbing himself.

There. Happy? Maybe it's not just the "Da Ma Na" thing. Maybe Mac also wants to work with a more polished broadcaster.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac said Finfer was Spiegel's guest host for those that are confused. Mac only wants to work with Finfer. I guess Spiegel gets to pick his people.

Mac wrote:
Yes, Some Guy, it is Ben Finfer. Likely going to be having him regularly when Spiegs isn't there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Mac said Finfer was Spiegel's guest host for those that are confused. Mac only wants to work with Finfer. I guess Spiegel gets to pick his people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Interesting, seems like Finfer is only a replacement for Candyman.

Candyman playing it smart by not giving his replacement burn on the mic. Unfortunately, hopefully, it's too little too late big cat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Or perhaps Spiegel doesn't have the clout to pick who he is going to work with the way Mac does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next