It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Ask Mac
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Tad Queasy wrote:
He also often sounds like someone who rarely watches sports. For example, last year he thought Cam Newton was the most magnificent thing ever to grace an NFL field, then this year he thought the same thing about RGIII and then Russell Wilson. While all three did look impressive as hell, he sounded like a boy-crazy 14 year-old girl talking about them. He just sounded...silly.

ESPN guys deal too frequently in hyperbole. It really gets excessive. Everything is either the greatest or worst ever with very little middle ground.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
bosco wrote:

over the past year or so, I'm thinking Greenberg is the best sports show host in this city --probably in the country. Golic is brutal at times, though

Greenberg is and always has been very good. He plays a character on that show but when you cut through that stuff he's good

Nope. He's the same nondescript guy he has been since his days at the Score. He has made a career off of looking good and saying nothing.

How much have you listened to him in the last 10 years?

He's certainly smarter than most sports radio hosts

Yes he is.

He's everything Bernstien once wanted to be but failed at.

So now he does radio for the angry and depressed instead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
He also often sounds like someone who rarely watches sports. For example, last year he thought Cam Newton was the most magnificent thing ever to grace an NFL field, then this year he thought the same thing about RGIII and then Russell Wilson. While all three did look impressive as hell, he sounded like a boy-crazy 14 year-old girl talking about them. He just sounded...silly.

ESPN guys deal too frequently in hyperbole. It really gets excessive. Everything is either the greatest or worst ever with very little middle ground.

It just gets to be too much. I couldn't stand Harry because he was such an over-the-top homer and everything was awesome, and I can't take Rosenbloom because he goes so far out of his way to try and find the negative in everything and sounds every bit as ridiculous.

Even though I find Silvy a little grating, at least he and Waddle usually say what they actually think without trying to follow some silly narrative or schtick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It just gets to be too much. I couldn't stand Harry because he was such an over-the-top homer and everything was awesome, and I can't take Rosenbloom because he goes so far out of his way to try and find the negative in everything and sounds every bit as ridiculous.

Even though I find Silvy a little grating, at least he and Waddle usually say what they actually think without trying to follow some silly narrative or schtick.

ESPN is a marketing company. Thats why Cam Newton is the best ever, until RG3 came along, and then the day after the Super Bowl, Colin Kaepernick was the best ever.

You gotta block out the ESPNification to appreciate Greenberg (If you want to, I get that its a huge turn off)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
ESPN is a marketing company. Thats why Cam Newton is the best ever, until RG3 came along, and then the day after the Super Bowl, Colin Kaepernick was the best ever.

You gotta block out the ESPNification to appreciate Greenberg (If you want to, I get that its a huge turn off)

I forgot about him jizzing his pants over Kaepernick.

If I block out the ESPNification, what am I left with? I'm legitimately looking for reasons to find him more listenable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

If I block out the ESPNification, what am I left with? I'm legitimately looking for reasons to find him more listenable.

I like the parts where the fictional Metrosexual vs Golic thing gets a tad real and Greenberg calls him dumb.

I also think he has good sports thoughts as long as they are not the main focus of the day, because that shit has been ESPNififed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
bosco wrote:

over the past year or so, I'm thinking Greenberg is the best sports show host in this city --probably in the country. Golic is brutal at times, though

Greenberg is and always has been very good. He plays a character on that show but when you cut through that stuff he's good

Nope. He's the same nondescript guy he has been since his days at the Score. He has made a career off of looking good and saying nothing.

How much have you listened to him in the last 10 years?

He's certainly smarter than most sports radio hosts

Smarter is not not necessarily more entertaining...and I don't think he is all that smrt.

He is superficial. You don't hear him say dumb things but the lack of dumb is not smrt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I like the parts where the fictional Metrosexual vs Golic thing gets a tad real and Greenberg calls him dumb.

I also think he has good sports thoughts as long as they are not the main focus of the day, because that shit has been ESPNififed

The real bs is that the stupid guy has a mba from nd while the smart guy went to what one of our posters with knowledge of the situation has described as northwestern lite (paraphrasing).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought Greenie was northwestern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I am constantly amazed that some folks here have enough time to post pages about the Score shows daily, yet obviously listen to 1000 enough to have analyzed the level of corporate control over each and every topic presented there as well. I am in awe of your universal knowledge in respect to all things sports radio combined with an ability to be paid for doing some sort of jobs at the same time...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm 

K Effective wrote:
I am constantly amazed that some folks here have enough time to post pages about the Score shows daily, yet obviously listen to 1000 enough to have analyzed the level of corporate control over each and every topic presented there as well. I am in awe of your universal knowledge in respect to all things sports radio combined with an ability to be paid for doing some sort of jobs at the same time...

Im not saying there is no validity to your point, but its not like you have to listen long to form opinions on either station

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
rogers park bryan wrote:
K Effective wrote:

Im not saying there is no validity to your point, but its not like you have to listen long to form opinions on either station

Correct.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Tad Queasy wrote:

This may be the best post I have ever seen here...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I agree with RPB on Greenburg. I like the guy once you cut through the ESPN-ification.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 pm 

Rethinking my Greenburg stance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Tad Queasy wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
When is the tailgate? Semi-retirement is thirsty work!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Dan, please explain to Matt that good baseball is NOT a game that lasts 4 hours. Please inform him that sitting around waiting for a pitcher to strike out every batter and every batter trying to hit home runs is pure Little League.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 am 

Mac, how does Finfer get the nickname "Fin-gy"? I understand the "Fin" part but not the rest

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think he used to get drunk on Finlandia vodka or something like that. Or he would sauce it up on vodka and that brand was close to his name.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 pm 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
When is the tailgate? Semi-retirement is thirsty work!

Shut your yap and get into the St. Mary's of California bashing thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8