It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mackey No Happy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 pm 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I agree with Don Tiny.

If Scorehead is leading a charge, you might want to think a little more carefully in getting behind it.

The anti Spiegel group is marching down Michigan avenue tomorrow morning. Meet at Buchingham Fountain at 9:00AM.

Where is the "Spiegel-Ain't-So-Bad, Mac-Is-More-The-Problem" group meeting?

You guys is noots!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I agree with Don Tiny.

If Scorehead is leading a charge, you might want to think a little more carefully in getting behind it.

The anti Spiegel group is marching down Michigan avenue tomorrow morning. Meet at Buchingham Fountain at 9:00AM.

Spiegel's basement

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:31 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

Spiegel's basement

Thanks, I asked for that one. I thought someone would say in a phone booth somewhere, but then who the hell uses phone booths anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

Spiegel's basement

Thanks, I asked for that one. I thought someone would say in a phone booth somewhere, but then who the hell uses phone booths anymore?

This guy

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I agree with Don Tiny.

Here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

It definitely has caused me to think it over :lol: But I do not think he was the first one to sound warnings about meatpants.

I have really tried to like him, but I just don't care for him partnered with Mac. When I have heard him solo doing the baseball gig, he is pretty solid. I really enjoyed the work I have heard of Mac and Vandy, or I would love for Goff to get a shot with Mac.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Maybe Marconi Dan is still sulking over Chicago striking out in Copenhagen and Oprah missing out on lighting the torch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's be honest, who put the show together and who is in charge? Answer, Mac- his fault all the way around. His idea of a good show differs greatly from most people- this show sucks and won't last. He is the new North, irrelevant and dull.

Meatpants does a good job on the baseball show when he is on it, this Mac and Meat combo sucks.
Mac had 5 months to put this together and he made the decisions about this show, he made poor ones. There is NOTHING fresh nor creative in this mess. sorry to offend his friends, but truth hurts alot and the truth is, this show is awful and meaningless to most people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
DaMaNa got "that time of the month" tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Deep down - or maybe not so deep - I don't think Mac respects Spiegel. The tension comes from Matt coming to realize this, and Mac failing to conceal it.

LOL, wow Dr. Phil!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
this thread is quite entertaining.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
If you were hoping for a Mac & Jurko reunion, forget about it. John Jurkovic just re-upped with ESPN Radio 1000 down the dial. Oak Park Vandy would be a good replacement for Matt Spiegel if Mac decided tomorrow to drop his hand-picked co-host on his second tour of duty at 670 The SCORE & 670thescore.com. This is probably a stretch, but I'd get Rob Dibble back here in a heartbeat. I'll never understand why "Dibs" was let go from ESPN Radio, but I thought he & Dan Patrick did a pretty good job when "The Dan Patrick Show" was launched down the dial many years ago. The onetime former White Sox pitcher now analyzes the Washington Nationals on MASN, a regional sports network in the Beltway, and hasn't been afraid to speak his mind since his own playing days ended...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
SHARK wrote:
Oak Park Vandy would be a good replacement for Matt Spiegel if Mac decided tomorrow to drop his hand-picked co-host

Yeah, that was a good pairing the one time I heard them together. Maybe since Meatpants has to miss so many days of work due to all those religulous holidays he apparently observes, Mac can do a Carson style rotating audition for a replacement co-host.

SHARK wrote:

on his second tour of duty at 670 The SCORE & 670thescore.com.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:22 pm 

If Mac wanted to turn it into a reality show, he may want to think twice about putting it on FOX Reality Channel...That channel's going bye-bye next March.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
crosscheck wrote:
He must be upset or something, because his Hockey thought about extending the game because of a penalty was just retarded.

lol, I forgot about that. That really was the single dumbest comment ever uttered on sports radio.

Rumor has it, Eddie O immediately called up the Score looking to go on the air so he could second the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:50 pm 

Exclamation Moint wrote:
Screw Oak Park Vandy. If you post here, OPV, eat me. You haven't paid your dues. Get in line, bitch. Cut your teeth co-hosting with some turd like Rotewald or Grote or see if Spada will let you share his mic and dick with Robocop Thornton. PERIOD.

I think traffic reports on NBC5's local version of the "Today Show" between 4:30-7a weekdays puts food on the table for Matt "The Dancing Fool" Rodewald. As for Mark Grote, when does this guy get a break? I read somewhere that Mark's teeth was wired shut for a while. Also, Grote's splits his time updating occasionally with Mac & Spiegs as well as "Mully & Hanley" on the SCORE, plus does sports updates all the time on WBBM Newsradio 780 at :15 & :45 past the hour.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't hear a disdain but I don't hear a high level of comfort from either partner. I don't know if time will help it or not. It might but there is also something to be said about chemistry.

Had a conversation with a total stranger about this show and he said " I really want to like it but I just don't."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I think Mac & MeatPants do a fine job. I respect MeatPants for stepping out and not being afraid of speaking his mind with Dan and B&B during transition. It took M& H some time to get the ratings going,hopefully Dan & Meat can get them going also.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:32 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Screw Oak Park Vandy. If you post here, OPV, eat me. You haven't paid your dues. Get in line, bitch. Cut your teeth co-hosting with some turd like Rotewald or Grote or see if Spada will let you share his mic and dick with Robocop Thornton. PERIOD.

The problem is that lots of guys "pay their dues", but still suck...like Spiegel. We all know guys who we have worked with who have been good soldiers who have paid their dues but are bad at doing their jobs. 5 Months ago I said that Mac & WSCR was following the same path that they followed with North, & that is exactly what has happened. WSCR needs to do what it did with Hamp & Holmes & cut it's losses & go in another direction. Jason Goff or J Hood is the right partner for Mac.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:46 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
jimmypasta wrote:
I think Mac & MeatPants do a fine job. It took M& H some time to get the ratings going,hopefully Dan & Meat can get them going also.

+1

I've listened just about every day since the show started and I like it. Now I have probably the least Mac listening time, so I don't have anything to go by as far as "is he better now or worse". I think Spiegs does a good job. There are bumps in the road but doesn't any show have them in it's infancy?

Now.....all that being said......the times that Spiegs and Mac have had different partners, they have sounded more comfortable (except the ones with LoHo, I will never be a fan) with different partners. In fact, those shows sounded completely different.

But I still like the show and will listen daily.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Peoria Matt wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I think Mac & MeatPants do a fine job. It took M& H some time to get the ratings going,hopefully Dan & Meat can get them going also.

+1

I've listened just about every day since the show started and I like it. Now I have probably the least Mac listening time, so I don't have anything to go by as far as "is he better now or worse". I think Spiegs does a good job. There are bumps in the road but doesn't any show have them in it's infancy?

Now.....all that being said......the times that Spiegs and Mac have had different partners, they have sounded more comfortable (except the ones with LoHo, I will never be a fan) with different partners. In fact, those shows sounded completely different.

But I still like the show and will listen daily.

Is that Dave Kingman in your avatar? What a strange & unorthodox swing follow through.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Peoria Matt wrote:
I've listened just about every day since the show started and I like it....

Really? I hadn't noticed... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 am 

I wont believe there is tension until punches are thrown. Hell it took him years to take a poke at Harry, I would have done it in the first show.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I've been back on Silvy & Waddle the past few days and they've been pretty good. It's becoming kind of difficult for me to find reasons to listen to Mac & Meat lately especially when they're up against one of the best shows in town...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Gigitos
With liking Silvy and Waddle as a show, I listen to way more Mac and Meat. Yes, they digress, but thats what I like, let it all out. It's called personality. My man Waddle isn't exaclty crazy tommy. Silvy could be, but gotta be hard with the ESPN Empire looking over your shoulder all the time.

This does not mean improvements cant be made. But still good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:23 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mackeyfish has been in radio a long time and he has to know that this show sucks. He's coming to the realization that flight miles won't solve anything.

My guess is that he screwed himself, going to the mat for meatpants in the beginning.

Where do you go to get all this insight?????? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:25 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
I've been back on Silvy & Waddle the past few days and they've been pretty good. It's becoming kind of difficult for me to find reasons to listen to Mac & Meat lately especially when they're up against one of the best shows in town...

Really..........Did not know that.......... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Exclamation Moint wrote:

From out of nowhere, OPV takes a shot from the book depository.

This is delicious fun!

Back to my popcorn....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:31 pm 

OPV was good, but that didn't mean Matty S. isn't good either.
Meatpants make actually do a great 6-10 solo show. I know who doesn't do a good 6-10 show right now, so improvements can still be made.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
Well Mac keeps referring to "The Audition". Does anyone here believe he signed a 1 year deal? I don't, but I could be wrong. My thought is that they let him pick his guy and if the ratings aren't there in a year things will change. Either they tell Mac to pick someone else OR they tell him who he is picking.
Of course I could be way off.