It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Anyone know if Spiegel is going to even work the full three days this week?

I believe last week he stated that he is taking Wednesday off to travel and get all drinky.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:21 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I believe last week he stated that he is taking Wednesday off to travel and get all drinky.

2 on, 1 off

Makes sense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Last I heard Goff on Wensday

pizza_Place: Investigating
Meatpants worries Irish Boy as sports media critic > Greg Kot as music critic. It's like he never had a bad review before.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's interesting. Last Friday Mac found a way to go to NYC without missing work that day.

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
As someone who used to listen to this show every single day, I can say for certain that I am listening less these days strictly because of Spiegel. Like I've touched on before, these two do not bring out the best in each other. Even after all these flight miles, a lot of their jokes/chemistry still feels forced and uncomfortable. Spiegels recent crusade against a message board that represents, at best, .5% of the Scores listenership, shows how immature and not ready for the big time he still is. All the days off for his tribute band etc additionally shows a lack of commitment to make himself a Chicago radio staple for decades to come

It's time to freshen up this show and put both of these guys with a partner who compliments them best. Bring Goff in FT for a Mac and Goff show and put Spiegs with LoHo nights 6-10 which would be a decent listen for that time of day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:24 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Bring Goff in FT for a Mac and Goff show and put Spiegs with LoHo nights 6-10 which would be a decent listen for that time of day.
I could see that time period conflicting with band practice. It wouldn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

2 on, 1 off

Makes sense.

That's his football game strategy as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Irish Boy wrote:

Yeah, I almost expected you to report that Goff and Bob Vandington were sharing his seat during the fourth quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
At least he had the decency to buy 3 tickets for himself. Things could have been a whole lot more uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
rogers park bryan wrote:
I kinda wish IB had told him who he was, because I think that would have made Spiegal nervous.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know if it would have made him more nervous, but it would probably have been less creepy...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

Yeah, I almost expected you to report that Goff and Bob Vandington were sharing his seat during the fourth quarter.

:lol: Well played JORR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:43 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I kinda wish IB had told him who he was, because I think that would have made Spiegal nervous.

I don't know if it would have made him more nervous, but it would probably have been less creepy...
Why was it creepy? If John Cusack had sat close to him would Irish Boy have been expected to go up to him and introduce himself and ask why he was on his phone?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
crosscheck wrote:

My sister had a stalker named Les Creepy. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Why was it creepy? If John Cusack had sat close to him would Irish Boy have been expected to go up to him and introduce himself and ask why he was on his phone?

Yes, someone sitting two feet away from me and describing what I'm doing with out me knowing is not creepy at all...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If John Cusack had sat close to him would Irish Boy have been expected to go up to him and introduce himself and ask why he was on his phone?

No, but it would have been nice if he had asked him why a motherfucker who makes $10 million per movie can't afford to get his teeth fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:49 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Yes, someone sitting two feet away from me and describing what I'm doing with out me knowing is not creepy at all...
He wasn't giving a play by play. He noticed a few small things and posted it. By that logic, every post in the Brush With Fame section is "creepy".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
He wasn't giving a play by play. He noticed a few small things and posted it. By that logic, every post in the Brush With Fame section is "creepy".

Ok Rick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Is it less creepy that I didn't post until I got home? The only thing I wrote at the game was "Spiegel is sitting next to me". I didn't even keep notes on what he was doing at the game. I remembered that he walked out before the fourth quarter all on my own.

We have a whole section devoted to "Brushes with Fame". Is that creepy too?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:53 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Is it less creepy that I didn't post until I got home? The only thing I wrote at the game was "Spiegel is sitting next to me". I didn't even keep notes on what he was doing at the game. I remembered that he walked out before the fourth quarter all on my own.

Something about watching someones habits without them knowing so you can post it on a message board feels creepy to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:56 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

Something about watching someones habits without them knowing so you can post it on a message board feels creepy to me.

Then I suggest you stay out of all the sports and sports radio sections. Lots of creepy stuff going on there.

I wasn't studying Spiegel during the game. There were more pressing matters at hand. It's a shame that Spiegel missed most of them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza in Lisle
Irish Boy wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

Then I suggest you stay out of all the sports and sports radio sections. Lots of creepy stuff going on there.

I wasn't studying Spiegel during the game. There were more pressing matters at hand. It's a shame that Spiegel missed most of them.

Where is Irish Boy's commentary??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm 

I think it would be creepy if IB noted how many times Speigs went to the bathroom or noticed how many times he scratched his meat. (pun badly intended...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
:Has the board ever been this much inside one of the hosts heads?.

I guess you weren't around when North threatened legal action against RodeoVan and others.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
By that logic, every post in the Brush With Fame section is "creepy".

Well, now that you mention it...

Seriously, A "brush with fame" is in the eye of the beholder. Two of my friends took their girlfriends to Ron of Japan in Northbrook. One of the guys is a big Bulls/NBA fan and the other couldn't give a fuck. So they're at the table just the four of them and the hoops fan sees the hostess leading a big black dude over to their table. He gets all excited and starts telling the other guy, "Look, Chuck! Stacy King is coming to sit with us! It's Stacy King, Chuck! Stacy King!"

Chuck didn't care one bit. Until the waitress began taking King and his girl's order first. Chuck is the kind of douchebag that raises a ruckus in restaurants all the time anyway. So he goes nuts. "We were here first!" It didn't help when the waitress replied something like, "Oh, dat Meesta Stacy Keeng. He play for Chicago Boo. We serve fast so no one bother heem." Eventually Stacy asked the waitress to move him and his girl to another table.

Last edited by Rod on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:06 pm 

Here's my entire post.

Quote:
I've been more sober before, so forgive misspellings and the like.

Fun time, good experience. The direction thing went off pretty seamlessly, except perhaps only on the Northwestern Pick 6 were everyone had to trudge the other way. About 70% Northwestern fans, which surprised me, but lots of people you could tell have never, ever gone to an NU game before; lots of blank purple shirts, Ravens jerseys, etc.

In a lot of ways, this entire weekend couldn't have gone worse for Northwestern. I know the official line will be that this was a unique experience and they were glad to be a part of it, but this game will be remembered nationally as one of two things: 1.) the game that Northwestern couldn't even measure the damn field, or 2.) the game Mikel LeShoure left shoe prints on their back. This was your moment, but I guess by now, Northwestern fans should be used to losing bowl-type games.

It's pretty clear now that all the "Chicago's Big Ten" team stuff was specifically directed at Illinois and this game. They decked out everything in purple, pretended Illinois didn't exist, didn't allow the Marching Illini to play and exiled them to the corner furthest from the field. I think the final Illinois TD was an FU TD, which I didn't have a problem with.

Also: Illinois beats Northwestern, NIU, and SIU in the same season. That's like Florida beating FSU, Miami, and USF in a season, right? Same concept?

Finally, Spiegel is pretty weird. He was only in his seat for a combined 45 minutes or so. He spent the majority (no hyperbole) of that type typing on his phone. He was two seats away from me, but the seat between us was empty and the seat next to him was empty for most of the game too. He didn't get there until about halfway through the first quarter (and the first quarter was looooong), and he left before the fourth quarter even started. He had no emotion whatsoever for either team during the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
By that logic, every post in the Brush With Fame section is "creepy".

Well, now that you mention it...

Seriously, A "brush with fame" is in the eye of the beholder. Two of my friends took their girlfriends to Ron of Japan in Northbrook. One of the guys is a big Bulls/NBA fan and the other couldn't give a fuck. So they're at the table just the four of them and the hoops fan sees the hostess leading a big black dude over to their table. He gets all excited and starts telling the other guy, "Look, Chuck! Stacy King is coming to sit with us! It's Stacy King, Chuck! Stacy King!"

Chuck didn't care one bit. Until the waitress began taking King and his girl's order first. Chuck is the kind of douchebag that raises a ruckus in restaurants all the time anyway. So he goes nuts. "We were here first!" It didn't help when the waitress replied something like, "Oh, dat Meesta Stacy Keeng. He play for Chicago Boo. We serve fast so no one bother heem." Eventually Stacy asked the waitress to move him and his girl to another table.

Are you stretching your eyelids into a slant with your fingers as you do your japanese impersonation?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Are you stretching your eyelids into a slant with your fingers as you do your japanese impersonation?

Mike North liked this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:12 pm 

I remember someone calling up Chet's show on the air and saying how they stood in a buffet line behind him at some event. The caller said that someone came up to Chet to tell him how good he was and Chet turned to engage the person in conversation. The caller said while Chet had his back turned he ate some of the food off his plate and then put it back without Chet knowing.

The moral of the story is that creepy can also be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:12 pm 

johnnyfontane wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Mike North liked this.

:lol: @ both dolphin and JF...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next