It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Tall Midget wrote:
Spiegel seems completely uninterested in Rozner's hockey thoughts.

I don't blame him, I am too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
drinky sounds like the kind of guy who spits a lot when he talks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
drinky sounds like the kind of guy who spits a lot when he talks.

Probably motions with his hands a lot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 am 

Does anyone else get sick and tired of hearing so much about Lebron James on this station?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am 

FloydGondolli wrote:
Does anyone else get sick and tired of hearing so much about Lebron James on this station?

:lol:

Certain shows. But ESPN TV is worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

Oh I'm sure, but my point is that this is a Chicago sports station and they talk as much about Lebron and the Heat as they do Rose and the Bulls. I just think it's funny that these Chicago radio guys (Mac, Bernstein, Boers, Holmes, McKnight, and more I'm sure) have decided to go rogue and adopt the best player and best team in the NBA as now their favorite - either as simply a way to antagonize their Chicago radio market, or just because they think it makes them cool being associated to the best player and team. Either way it's douchey.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
FloydGondolli wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

Oh I'm sure, but my point is that this is a Chicago sports station and they talk as much about Lebron and the Heat as they do Rose and the Bulls. I just think it's funny that these Chicago radio guys (Mac, Bernstein, Boers, Holmes, McKnight, and more I'm sure) have decided to go rogue and adopt the best player and best team in the NBA as now their favorite - either as simply a way to antagonize their Chicago radio market, or just because they think it makes them cool being associated to the best player and team. Either way it's douchey.

Mac doesn't care about basketball. He only cared for the Heat b/c he can't resist chalk.

Holmes and McKnight don't count. They're told what to think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
FloydGondolli wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

It is funny that people like Holmes, McDoink, Bernstein and others are really consumed with the Chicago sports fan's feelings about LeBron James. I'm continually amazed at the transformation of sports talk radio in Chicago--it has transmogrified from a medium principally concerned with the behavior and activity of our local athletes to a venue that is obsessed with the workings of the Chicago sports fan's inner-consciousness.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff really called up to gloat about the Heat title? That's pathetic. He really considers this a win for himself. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

It is funny that people like Holmes, McDoink, Bernstein and others are really consumed with the Chicago sports fan's feelings about LeBron James. I'm continually amazed at the transformation of sports talk radio in Chicago--it has transmogrified from a medium principally concerned with the behavior and activity of our local athletes to a venue that is obsessed with the workings of the Chicago sports fan's inner-consciousness.

When you gaze into the abyss TM....

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

The producers should not have let Jason from Atlanta on the air. Told him it was very meatballish of him to consider himself a part of the heat and hung up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Tall Midget wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

Good point.

It's like some of these hosts are trapped in the "Too Cool for School" mentality of sports talk. They know more than you, they understand everything and can't understand, for the life of them, why you would dare to disagree with their obviously correct opinions.

It's almost as if they would prefer not to learn about the actual sports, the X's and O's, the history etc. because it's hard, so instead they just rail on the fandom who are obviously dumb mouth breathers who simply can't begin to fathom why Larry Bird isn't in the NBA All-Time Top 10 or why a team will never win a World Series with Juan Uribe at SS or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 pm 

Two baseball nerds giggling excitedly over statistics....

Let's talk about Lebron for godsakes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
FloydGondolli wrote:
Two baseball nerds giggling excitedly over statistics....

Let's talk about Lebron for godsakes.

And Spiegel discussing Cal Ripken Jr.'s weight.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

SomeGuy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Very true. This entire this is lead by Bernstein. In tranny yesterday Larry was trying to impress Dan by saying "Today on my show I'm gonna spend 4 hours discussing the 2 tweets I got yesterday of people who hate Lebron. I'm gonna examine why they hate them, find out where they live and murder them."

And even the Bernciple who left for Atlanta called up The Danny Mac show to gloat about Lebron's victory and stick it in people faces.

"Team Bernstein" people are disturbed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Goff really called up to gloat about the Heat title? That's pathetic. He really considers this a win for himself. :roll:

Sources are telling me Goff-hand package imminent in Atlanta.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
FloydGondolli wrote:

I guess you've never heard of ESPN or SportsCenter.