It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:14 pm 

You guys are right. I never noticed that other people on the air will not bust Larry's balls.

So, let's go with the assumption that it is because Larry is black, allegedly.

Now, consider all of the other men of color who have been employed by the Score. Did they receive on air ball busting? Goff, Herb, Hood?

BTW, Herb might be lamer than Larry. I heard him talking about his dating life with Schuster the other night. I was like "Yeah I can tell why you're single Herb."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Zizou wrote:
You guys are right. I never noticed that other people on the air will not bust Larry's balls.

Now, consider all of the other men of color who have been employed by the Score. Did they receive on air ball busting? Goff, Herb, Hood?

BTW, Herb might be lamer than Larry. I heard him talking about his dating life with Schuster the other night. I was like "Yeah I can tell why you're single Herb."

Calling Herb lame is being too nice. "Complete piece of shit" sums up Herb quite nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Zizou wrote:
Did they receive on air ball busting? Goff, Herb, Hood?

Goff and Herb have gotten good-natured ribbing, yeah. Can't speak for Hood; I wasn't a listener when he was there. But no one ever makes jokes at Leery's expense in that way. Guess that's what our board's for!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think it's a combo thing. It's "white guilt" from white Score guys and the fear that Larry will use the race card on them. Cuz they all know he'll pull it out. They've heard him.

It's easy for Spiegel to crack drinky or Bernstein with a beer bottle. It's easy for Boers to pistol-whip Murph or Zaidman. It's easy for Bernstein to sweep Grobstein's or Shuester's leg. It's easy for Mac to take a shiv to Mike Mulligan or Zaidman. None of them think twice about it.

But with Larry, all of these Score crackers initial instinct is to reach for their weapons on him, but their better judment makes them stop due to "White guilt" and/or fear of the "race card".

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
just imagine the potshots when laurence eventually leaves the score... it may rival the muprh comments

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It's because he sucks up to Bernstein, and Terry's opinions are all formed from Dan's opinions. I have no doubt Mac would take a shot at him if he felt like it. Spiegel is a dork, and I don't see him saying anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Put it this way, if their was a white version of Larry that worked at the Score, I guarentee you he'd be treated the exact same way that Murph was treated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Remember a while back when Bernsie was talking about turning on a 95 mph fastball, dunking a tennis ball in a 10' rim, etc.? That was so uncharacteristic of him that I thought he was doing it to make fun of someone like Leery and his litany of bullshit brags.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
Remember a while back when Bernsie was talking about turning on a 95 mph fastball, dunking a tennis ball in a 10' rim, etc.? That was so uncharacteristic of him that I thought he was doing it to make fun of someone like Leery and his litany of bullshit brags.

No. That's a little bit of a reach. Nice try, though. I appreciate the effort.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Calling Herb lame is being too nice. "Complete piece of shit" sums up Herb quite nicely.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

In the few times I've heard Herb, I just found him to be not very bright - like all Score producers - but harmless. Kind of like the dumb dog that chases his tail or like some of the B&B callers. You laugh at the stupidity. Why is he a piece of crap, though? Never got that sense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Beardown wrote:
In the few times I've heard Herb, I just found him to be not very bright - like all Score producers - but harmless. Kind of like the dumb dog that chases his tail or like some of the B&B callers. You laugh at the stupidity. Why is he a piece of crap, though? Never got that sense.

Only a piece of shit can try and justify NOT tipping at restaurants.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Spiegel also enjoys kicking drinky in the nuts on the air. Drinky likes to return the favor. But not Larry. Nobody can touch Larry for some reason.

affirmative action/equal racist opportunity employer

guys the score is obsolete. everyone streams, so there is no reason not to listen to foxsportsradio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 am 

Doesn't it seem ludicrous to assume that Larry has so much power at the Score? His influence and fear factor stem from either that people are afraid of him playing the race card or that he is Mitch's favorite son and therefore untouchable and protected from on high by the Prince of Darkness. Either supposition is stupefyingly insane considering what a degenerate fuckstain Larry is.