It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your "Beloved" Bears
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The extremely cheap negotiating is not all teams

cheap coaches and staff maybe.. but we cry every single year how much bear players get paid. shit WE are crying RIGHT NOW to drastically cut peppers salary!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I think this was Mac's "I'm bored so let me troll the board since I'm not at work" post.

Give us some Beardown "Behind the scenes of The Score" during your time off.....tell us who was going to be pissed if Kaplan would have signed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nas wrote:

The Bears aren't cheap. Like every other team in the league they are spending the maximum amount of money the league allows them to spend. Being tough in negotiations (minus the Cutler deal) is the responsible thing to do. It's a business. Being assholes or jerks has nothing to do with winning. No one would care how the coaches or players behaved if they were winning Super Bowls.

They used to be and as bfsaid this is their income, decisions are made with that in mind all the time. It's so poorly run it's almost funny. That team should be raking it in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Nas wrote:
I don't have an issue with the way the Bears have run their organization based on the accusations you listed. This isn't the league where loyalty is important. You probably have 30 new faces on the team every year and most players won't be around for 3 years. It's a hardnosed business and they've done what they've needed to do to be successful. Only thing they clearly fucked up on was the stadium.

I believe the Chargers have six players remaining from their last playoff team, in 2009.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

spmack wrote:
I think this was Mac's "I'm bored so let me troll the board since I'm not at work" post.

Give us some Beardown "Behind the scenes of The Score" during your time off.....tell us who was going to be pissed if Kaplan would have signed.

He was mad at me for getting under his skin in the meatball mac thread.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Bears aren't cheap. Like every other team in the league they are spending the maximum amount of money the league allows them to spend. Being tough in negotiations (minus the Cutler deal) is the responsible thing to do. It's a business. Being assholes or jerks has nothing to do with winning. No one would care how the coaches or players behaved if they were winning Super Bowls.

They used to be and as bfsaid this is their income, decisions are made with that in mind all the time. It's so poorly run it's almost funny. That team should be raking it in.

Their income also limits their BONUS money.

spmack wrote:

dude go fuck your mom. youre the same guy who bitches because hosts dont talk enough on this board, so why are you crappin your pants

and look, mac makes one post and you literally cant even reply because a new reply comes through every 2 seconds. i think someone is jealous.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
The extremely cheap negotiating is not all teams
Not now, but it certainly might have been back in the 80s and very early 90s. Duerson left the Bears in 1989, Hilgenberg was traded in 1991, Mongo in 1993. I don't know enough about the history of the league and pay rates/raises, but maybe thats just the way business was done back then.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
IkeSouth wrote:
spmack wrote:

dude go fuck your mom. youre the same guy who bitches because hosts dont talk enough on this board, so why are you crappin your pants

Find me a post where I said anything close to that......I'll wait.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm 

If "all you care about is the Bears winning a Super Bowl," I find that extremely shallow and sad, but I accept that I cannot change your inability to find humanity even in pro football.

No, it's not Jim Miller.

Nice catch on Dunlop reference Chus!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

They needed to do what the Packers did then. On premises HoF, Pro Shop, monster stadium etc. All those profits don't have to be shared with NFL. They probably got scared bc it requires INVESTMENT.

Mac wrote:
If "all you care about is the Bears winning a Super Bowl," I find that extremely shallow and sad, but I accept that I cannot change your inability to find humanity even in pro football.

its the same reason people love their dogs. theyre just being stupid, but it doesnt matter becawse dats my wittle puppy oooo

I wasn't mad at you RFDC. You are among many here who possess the ability to be critical WITHOUT making it personal. I appreciate all customers for feedback, negative even more than positive.

Mac wrote:

So why are you willing to overlook the shit from the Blackhawks history and are still a fan of the Hawks (when convenient)?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac wrote:

Of course when you show up for work tomorrow (?) you will espouse this thought during transition right?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Mac wrote:
I wasn't mad at you RFDC. You are among many here who possess the ability to be critical WITHOUT making it personal. I appreciate all customers for feedback, negative even more than positive.

Thanks.

I will say that even with the crap that irritates me about "meatball mac" you are still one of my favorite radio hosts and I will always listen to your shows.

Just wish you would get a co-host we could like in the same way.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'll reiterate that it's disappointing that Mac isn't a Bears fan because the Score could use one. But, he has his personal reasons.

That's mainly what those are, personal reasons. Nothing there would dissuade me from being a fan of the organization. It's hard to criticize how Lovie was handling the team while they actually were in the Super Bowl. The medical stuff is the kind of thing that I always assumed every team does. That teams aren't loyal is no real surprise either.

I'm not happy that they tried to get Mac fired since I enjoy Mac's show. That would be as close to giving me a personal reason not to like the Bears. But, that sounds more like a guy over there had a problem with Mac, than the Bears organization taking a position as Mac-haters.

BEARS!

Last edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Mac wrote:

So why are you willing to overlook the shit from the Blackhawks history and are still a fan of the Hawks (when convenient)?

yeah and why no bulls love theyre the epitaph of high class negotiations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm 

RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:

He was mad at me for getting under his skin in the meatball mac thread.

Nah, I specifically asked him to make this thread and he acqueised because Mac and I are tight ever since he, Spaulding and I took a stroll during a tailgate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'll reiterate that it's disappointing that Mac isn't a Bears fan because the Score could use one. But, he has his personal reasons.

That's mainly what those are, personal reasons. Nothing there would dissuade me from being a fan of the organization. It's hard to criticize how Lovie was handling the team while they actually were in the Super Bowl. The medical stuff is the kind of thing that I always assumed every team does. That teams aren't loyal is no real surprise either.

I'm not happy that they tried to get Mac fired since I enjoy Mac's show. That would be as close to giving me a personal reason not to like the Bears. But, that sounds more like a guy over there had a problem with Mac, then the Bears organization take a position as Mac-haters.

BEARS!

i think his point is, if the bears were your company... if the people who employ you right now lied about your medical records in order to keep you on the clock, you would hate them too even after you dont work there anymore. mac does make valid points now that he explained it. just because you didnt believe him at first doesnt mean you should ignore his explination.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
ever since he, Spaulding and I took a stroll during a tailgate

go to russia you dumbass buttfuckers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac wrote:
If "all you care about is the Bears winning a Super Bowl," I find that extremely shallow and sad,

Mac, you are the Jay Cutler of sorts. The big star ( :lol: ) who brings in the cash. Most of us can get fired (or have) on the whim of some corporate exec or administrator. So no, I don't really feel any more sorry for the Bears who got fucked over than I do for anyone else who loses a job. In the real world getting fucked over in the workplace is pretty much par for the course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Just wish you would get a co-host that is a man

fixed that for you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
IkeSouth wrote:

I'm not happy that they tried to get Mac fired since I enjoy Mac's show. That would be as close to giving me a personal reason not to like the Bears. But, that sounds more like a guy over there had a problem with Mac, then the Bears organization take a position as Mac-haters.

BEARS!

i think his point is, if the bears were your company... if the people who employ you right now lied about your medical records in order to keep you on the clock, you would hate them too even after you dont work there anymore. mac does make valid points now that he explained it. just because you didnt believe him at first doesnt mean you should ignore his explination.

What didn't I believe?

If they did employ me and lie about my medical records, I might hate them. But they don't. And I don't.

I never said Mac's points weren't valid. I just categorize them as personal and probably not dissimilar to other organizations. If Mac knew 25 years of Chargers players, he'd probably have the same stories.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
In the real world getting fucked over in the workplace is pretty much par for the course.

but at the same time youre a freeloader if you take a day off work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm 

If Mac knew 25 years of Chargers players, he'd probably have the same stories.

Exactly

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 pm 

I never said Mac's points weren't valid. I just categorize them as personal and probably not dissimilar to other organizations. If Mac knew 25 years of Chargers players, he'd probably have the same stories.

too shay. and ill add that, most of us are bear fans because thats who we grew up watching. the people have nothing to do with it- half the players were violent criminals. so what, thats the bears. we root for the c on the helmet, not anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
IkeSouth wrote:

You're a dumbass if you don't protect your job at all times. That is unless you don't really care about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
spmack wrote:

and look, mac makes one post and you literally cant even reply because a new reply comes through every 2 seconds. i think someone is jealous.

Once again:

Bear down = Ike

And possibly he relocated to New England recently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

You're a dumbass if you don't protect your job at all times. That is unless you don't really care about it.

wouldnt it be dumber to protect a company that you admit doesnt give a fuck about you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next