It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dear Mr. Goff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Beardown wrote:
Personal stories are fine. Though nobody at the Score is really interesting. But one time Larry was looking to kill his half hour show. So he decided to describe, in really long form, how he wanted a pizza, ordered a pizza, picked up the pizza and subsequently ate the pizza. Really. That was the story. Took like 10 minutes to tell. Goff does similar shit.

So, yeah, they need to prepare shit. Both Larry and Goff. Not just wing it. Not just tell the boring, mundane activities of life to kill segments.

Daily prep of watching a game or reading the paper is fine. At this point I think it is OK to say "I didnt watch the Sox game last night"...Prep for the show is more of a creative element, like all the parody songs they have done...

I mean a custom 1 minute song with some comedy in it would be a difficult request, if one of the shows host didnt have a full blown band?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:15 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Personal stories are fine. Though nobody at the Score is really interesting. But one time Larry was looking to kill his half hour show. So he decided to describe, in really long form, how he wanted a pizza, ordered a pizza, picked up the pizza and subsequently ate the pizza. Really. That was the story. Took like 10 minutes to tell. Goff does similar shit.

So, yeah, they need to prepare shit. Both Larry and Goff. Not just wing it. Not just tell the boring, mundane activities of life to kill segments.

Beardown every once in awhile you hit your mark. That's the biggest problem with their emphasis on being viewed as personalities and not sports geeks. They are not interesting. Boers and North were probably the best at that. McNeil is not bad either. You never get the real impression that any of the others have ever really "lived" anything. It just seems forced and their stories are boring. The only way the personal story angle works is if you actually have stories that are interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Spaulding wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
You think he is better than he is. I liked him and Abbattacola in the early 2000s but they always came off as a lesser version on Carmen and Silvy. A few years later they changed. I don't know if the Bernstein attitude rubbed off on them or they were frustrated by their lack of air time but they weren't the same. I think Goff will just tell you he's gotta be himself and this is just what he is now.

Summary: Room for Improvement and not too far gone that he cant make some changes.

Summary: Too far gone.

Agreed..dude is 40 ..he is what he is at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
One more time:

Beardown wrote:
Besides sucking Dan's cock when he subs for Terry, Larry is good about making simple daily events into dramatic stories with his slow delivery. This happened about 20 minutes ago.

Larry: So, I'm done at NBC 5 and I'm hungry, Dan. Normally when I'm hungry I get something to eat. I'm not sure if other people do that. Anyway, what I did was I went to a pizza place. And I'm thinking, it's late,I'll get a table. Well, it was packed. So, thinking on my feet, I went to something called "The Take Out section". That's where I saw a guy behind the counter and I said, "Look, I'd like to order a pizza to go. Can you hook up a brother up?" And the guy behind the counter said, "Twenty minutes, dog". And I was like, "Great". So, what I did was wait the 20 minutes, got my pizza and then I went home. You're not gonna believe the rest of this story, Dan. I went home, opened the pizza box and ate the pizza.

Dan: Oy. We'll be back after this.

Wow. Thanks for finding that. You're a dedicated poster. There you go. That's Larry's idea of an interesting story. I probably didn't exaggerate it that much.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown: May I bring race into this?

CSFMB: NO, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

Beardown: It's a factor. Goff's bosses are white. Goff's co workers are white. Goff often talks about whitey in a bad way. Joking, not joking, who the hell knows at times? Sometimes joking. Sometimes not. Point is the white SCORE PEOPLE are scared to critique Goff out of fear that Goff will take it as them being racist. That's why the laughing and the other stuff that Big Fan said will not be addressed with him by Score people. Because of Goff's history of talking about whitey, THEY'RE SCARED.

How do you like them apples?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I figured it out. Goff is aware of this board's crtisisms of his insane "Laughing like a mad man over stuff that isn't funny".

He's doubling down. He's going to continue it to spite the board.

Fine, Goff. Be that way. Be petty. But it's you who look like a fool. Not just to us. But to everybody that hears you.

Goff: You finally got it. It is to spite you mother fuckers. Fuck you, Beardown. Fuck all ya crazy crackers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch Rosen: Ya know, the dumb ass crackers are right, Jason.

Goff: :shock: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 am 

I have almost no opportunity to listen to mid day radio so Jason is stuck in a pleasant memory for me of what he was when he left the Score. I liked his work but he needed a little polishing.

However, there is a general lack of production quality to that station right now. Producers seem to take their cues from the on air talent in the amount of time they devote to their craft.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Today proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that Goff either doesn't read the board, or doesn't give a flying fuck, because the last five minutes have been nothing but cackling, giggling (who's tickling him?), console-pounding, and breathless storytelling. Off to ESPN 980 I go.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The Mac cancer still spreads.

When a guy like Goff sees Grimace roll out of the Uber 2 minutes before show time, its hard to motivate yourself to work hard.

Grimace: Why should I work for it? In 15 minutes it will be on twitter and I can just read it.

Slappy: Uh, its our job to ..... I love my job.....

Grimace: Pay is the same if you bust your ass or just sit on it.

Slappy: I love my job *sweating bullets incase Mitch or Zim is actually listening*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I have almost no opportunity to listen to mid day radio so Jason is stuck in a pleasant memory for me of what he was when he left the Score. I liked his work but he needed a little polishing.

However, there is a general lack of production quality to that station right now. Producers seem to take their cues from the on air talent in the amount of time they devote to their craft.

The Goff we all once knew is gone and he ain't never coming back. Not that the old Goff was great, but this one is something else. Atlanta must do strange things to people.