It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Underrated part of Can't Do It: a long-unemployed Danny Parkins hustling a mattress trade under the table without station permission.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Darkside wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
third wedding YOU give out gifts so people bother to show up.

The first door prize of the night... an all expenses paid trip to Gilligans Island!

Is that a euphemism?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tad Queasy wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
third wedding YOU give out gifts so people bother to show up.

The first door prize of the night... an all expenses paid trip to Gilligans Island!

Is that a euphemism?

I think it's a joke from naked gun 2.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
What man bitches about his wedding gifts anyway? I guess if I had to pick anyone, it'd be Spiegel.

This really is answer number one in my book. And I'm a lingering fan of Spiegel. Not to mention the fact that it would appear that Spiegel told his wife where the gift card originated. Which is a dumbassed move on multiple levels.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I've never done it but is a gift card really a regift? It's basically cash.

A handful of gift cards you got from not buying them with your disposable income? Yes, it is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:40 pm 

He would have gotten away with a mere faux-pas if he hadn't regifted the same gift cards that Spiegel himself occasionally earned from his own turns on Put Up With Dave Kaplan And Moon Mullin For 30 Minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I've never done it but is a gift card really a regift? It's basically cash.

A handful of gift cards you got from not buying them with your disposable income? Yes, it is.

So what? The point is Danny had something worth $200 in value and gave it to Spiegel. So he's down $200. Doesn't matter how he got it in the first place.

And once again, this wasn't Danny's brother. It's fucking Spiegel at his 3rd damn wedding. Give Danny a break. I find nothing wrong with this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
He would have gotten away with a mere faux-pas if he hadn't regifted the same gift cards that Spiegel himself occasionally earned from his own turns on Put Up With Dave Kaplan And Moon Mullin For 30 Minutes.

He ate a bunch of stone crabs, and then he had remorse.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

If you liked Joe's and got a $200 credit to eat there from 1 guest/coworker for your 3rd wedding, would you get prissy about it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If you liked Joe's and got a $200 credit to eat there from 1 guest/coworker for your 3rd wedding, would you get prissy about it?

If I'm emotional hemophiliac Matt Spiegel, sure, if I'm me, no.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If I'm emotional hemophiliac Matt Spiegel, sure, if I'm me, no.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
So I think we can all agree, great show today!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Spiegel should have registered for small gifts somewhere. Family should give you maybe 100-150 at this point. I pay for our (family's) plates +100 max.

He treated Parkins like shit and has known him for what a year? Fuck that noise.

Parkins regifting gift cards for a wedding gift is bad form but it doesn't seem like he gives a fuck about Spiegel so he can do what he wants.

I'd love 200 foe Joe's. It's one of my favorite restaurants.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 pm 

If this were a 1st wedding I'd give Parkins a DBotW nom, but as mentioned this is a 3rd wedding. In this case give Spiegel the well deserved nom. I'd cut Spiegel some slack if this was #1 for his bride, but as we've gone over, it wasn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:39 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
If this were a 1st wedding I'd give Parkins a DBotW nom, but as mentioned this is a 3rd wedding. In this case give Spiegel the well deserved nom. I'd cut Spiegel some slack if this was #1 for his bride, but as we've gone over, it wasn't.

It's not about the number of marriages it is about the re gifting of swag! WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU SOCIALLY AWKARD LOONS TO UNDERSTAND?!?!

No gift would have been better than re-gift.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:45 pm 

It's not about the number of marriages it is about the re gifting of swag! WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU SOCIALLY AWKARD LOONS TO UNDERSTAND?!?!

That's a good point. I wouldn't have given a $200 gift.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:46 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Spiegel should have registered for small gifts somewhere. Family should give you maybe 100-150 at this point. I pay for our (family's) plates +100 max.

He treated Parkins like shit and has known him for what a year? Fuck that noise.

Parkins regifting gift cards for a wedding gift is bad form but it doesn't seem like he gives a fuck about Spiegel so he can do what he wants.

I'd love 200 foe Joe's. It's one of my favorite restaurants.

Well said!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

That's a good point. I wouldn't have given a $200 gift.

Yeah, he should've regifted a $50 card for a 3rd wedding of an ex-coworker who treated him like shit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:51 pm 

Right!

By Spiegel not registering he's basically saying he wants cash. That's bad form in itself. He was trying to goad people, that he doesn't know or really like, into giving him large, or larger than he should expect, amounts of cash. I don't think so.

Here's a coke and a smile. Now shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I don't give gifts at weddings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

No. It is about the number of marriages. It's also about the fact that Parkins only knew Spiegel for a year. And the fact that the reception was at a damn Cubs game in 35 degree weather. So Spiegel isn't really taking this wedding that serious if he's doing that.

These are factors which makes what Parkins did acceptable. And at the end of the day, it's still a $200 gift. I'll bet most of his guests gave less.

If you do this for your brother on his first marriage it's bad. This wasn't horrible considering all of these factors.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Right!

By Spiegel not registering he's basically saying he wants cash. That's bad form in itself. He was trying to goad people, that he doesn't know or really like, into giving him large, or larger than he should expect, amounts of cash. I don't think so.

Except Spiegel said he would have found a gift half of the value that Parkins gave him, but in another form, more thoughtful and grown up. It's about how classless it is to re-gift. That is all. Not the number of marriages, not the meager monetary value.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'm with Juice on this one. I think MANY are missing the point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:06 pm 

It is, but I don't think Spiegel deserves much better from Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:06 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Right!

Except Spiegel said he would have found a gift half of the value that Parkins gave him, but in another form, more thoughtful and grown up. It's about how classless it is to re-gift. That is all. Not the number of marriages, not the meager monetary value.

It wasn't even a gift though. It was compensation for several appearances on TV he did as a side job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

I guess the only issue with some is that it was re gifted. So if nobody knew Parkins got this from Kap's show, it's cool? That doesn't make sense.

Like I said, doesn't matter how he got it. He gave Spiegel a $200 dinner. I don't think that's horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 pm 

Listening to it again. Spiegel really comes across as an asshat.

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/aud ... gel-hour-4

Parkins is 100% in the clear here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:28 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Right!

It wasn't even a gift though. It was compensation for several appearances on TV he did as a side job.

Yes, it was a gift. They agree to appear on TV for free, and get gift cards as a bonus gift. There isn't a contract for gift cards. Stop trying so hard to excuse Parkins' asshole move here, your lack of social graces doesn't excuse his.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I guess the only issue with some is that it was re gifted. So if nobody knew Parkins got this from Kap's show, it's cool? That doesn't make sense.

Like I said, doesn't matter how he got it. He gave Spiegel a $200 dinner. I don't think that's horrible.

Yes, it really is that simple. A $200 gift card to a fine dining establishment makes a perfectly fine gift, especially if you insist on considering it was Spiegel's third marriage. Passing through gift cards one got as a free bonus for work they did which benefited them in other ways (as Spiegel said: Raising one's profile) is trashy shit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

Yes, it really is that simple. A $200 gift card to a fine dining establishment makes a perfectly fine gift, especially if you insist on considering it was Spiegel's third marriage. Passing through gift cards one got as a free bonus for work they did which benefited them in other ways (as Spiegel said: Raising one's profile) is trashy shit.

What if that show actually paid guests $200 for an appearance in cash. And Parkins just cut Spiegel a $200 check for his wedding?

Could it then be said that he just gave him his "Show money" and thus would be "low class"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next