It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:59 am 

Parkins wants Fields to be good so bad. With all the problems Watson has had he has replaced his crush on Watson with Fields. All of us hope he is right, but he is way over the top and it is not even close to a sure thing like he talks

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I love the unabashed meatballism.

Sure he'll probably be wrong. But so what.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I listened to tranny yesterday and he was very excited to dunk on Boomer over Fields. Not sure if that’s how it played out, but hard to blame him based on what I’ve read on here of their weekly conversations.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:45 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I enjoy meatballism, but he comes off with such an arrogance like there is no way he could be wrong and that he just can see and know stuff better than anyone else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
RFDC wrote:
Parkins wants Fields to be good so bad. With all the problems Watson has had he has replaced his crush on Watson with Fields. All of us hope he is right, but he is way over the top and it is not even close to a sure thing like he talks

he's some kind of adjunct Mike North, if North was a left/liberal. He's even got the gambling down. The Score badly needs a self righteous, predicting pompous village idiot. I like him. It's what I've asked for.

And yes, he's out over his skis with Fields. Kid could go either way at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

he's some kind of adjunct Mike North, if North was a left/liberal. He's even got the gambling down. The Score badly needs a self righteous, predicting pompous village idiot. I like him. It's what I've asked for.

And yes, he's out over his skis with Fields. Kid could go either way at this point.

Again, everything that Fields did “ great” ( against a team that didn’t seemed interested in playing ) , Mitch also did several timez in between 7 mediocre to poor starts for years .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I enjoy meatballism, but he comes off with such an arrogance like there is no way he could be wrong and that he just can see and know stuff better than anyone else.

Yeah it does come off different from guys like Parkins than it did with North or someone like that.

I think Parkins plays into that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:54 am 

I think it was in the transition yesterday that they were going on about Bear fans have never had a time in which there was such hope that we had a franchise QB and everyone could be excited about that. Like this was some new experience.

Ummmm yeah we did, just a couple years ago with Mitch. He was a high draft pick. He showed a lot of promise at times and people were definitely hopeful that he was the franchise QB.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:55 am 

RFDC wrote:
I think it was in the transition yesterday that they were going on about Bear fans have never had a time in which there was such hope that we had a franchise QB and everyone could be excited about that. Like this was some new experience.

Ummmm yeah we did, just a couple years ago with Mitch. He was a high draft pick. He showed a lot of promise at times and people were definitely hopeful that he was the franchise QB.

Absolutely .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:00 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah it does come off different from guys like Parkins than it did with North or someone like that.

It's only because you knew Mike was dumb and Parkins has some brains about him.

It's still fun to have a guy get out on a limb so confidently, brazenly, and be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:01 am 

RFDC wrote:

to be fair, I never thought Mitch would be much good other than a running QB.

Fields is faster than Mitch and seems to have more accuracy. I think he's got a better chance than Mitch to be a top third QB.

City of Fools wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

It's still fun to have a guy get out on a limb so confidently, brazenly, and be wrong.

For sure.

We recognize our own, amiright?

A light just went off for me.

Parkins is the SCORES village idiot kind of like CoF is our village idiot :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:07 am 

City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fields is faster than Mitch and seems to have more accuracy. I think he's got a better chance than Mitch to be a top third QB.

In the small sample size we have , he is factually not more accurate than Mitch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:11 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

For sure.

yes, yes we do.

RFDC wrote:
A light just went off for me.

Parkins is the SCORES village idiot kind of like CoF is our village idiot :lol:

AND IT SHALL REMAIN THAT WAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:19 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

In the small sample size we have , he is factually not more accurate than Mitch.

disagree, but maybe we're splitting hairs. Mitch seemed nervous too, from jump. Fields is an android, by all appearances...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I do agree with Parkins' that another one of Nagy's coaching mistakes was to punt on 4th and 7 with 6 minutes to go, down 23-13. Of course, it worked out fabulously because of the scoop and score fumble, but had that not happened, the game was essentially over.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:29 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Interestingly, they have identical completion percentages in their first year as of now.

That doesn't dig into the types of passes that are being thrown but just a stat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:

He's not wrong about the Falcons, Panthers and Broncos.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Fields is barely trending to beat Mitch's Bears rookie QB record for completions and yardage. Let's remember that barring injury, Fields will play more games this season than Mitch did as a rookie. Not to mention that Mitch did it under noted offensive savant John Fox. Other than a few plays/series, Fields has looked ordinary. The big slam against Mitch was that he only started one season in college. Fields was a 5 star player who played at the highest level in college. Compared to Mitch, Fields should be blowing us away and we're having to cherry pick to make a case for him.

Parkins is Nick Wright on the radio.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
August Schell wrote:
Fields is barely trending to beat Mitch's Bears rookie QB record for completions and yardage. Let's remember that barring injury, Fields will play more games this season than Mitch did as a rookie. Not to mention that Mitch did it under noted offensive savant John Fox. Other than a few plays/series, Fields has looked ordinary. The big slam against Mitch was that he only started one season in college. Fields was a 5 star player who played at the highest level in college. Compared to Mitch, Fields should be blowing us away and we're having to cherry pick to make a case for him.

Parkins is Nick Wright on the radio.

Yep, Mmhmm. My guy says that too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

For sure.

Not sure if given similar life circumstances trust fund Danny would have been able to accomplish what North was able to do during his run. If they could put on a show half as entertaining as the Monsters back in the day they would be the go to show on Chicago sports radio.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Clawmaster wrote:
Not sure if given similar life circumstances trust fund Danny would have been able to accomplish what North was able to do during his run. If they could put on a show half as entertaining as the Monsters back in the day they would be the go to show on Chicago sports radio.

I'd extend that to the entire lineup. When they play the short "highlights" of Rahimi or Bernstein during promo ads for their show, I'm struck by how bland those clips are. They are nothing compared to the quotes coming out of North, Boers, or even Murph during the station's golden years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:51 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I'd extend that to the entire lineup. When they play the short "highlights" of Rahimi or Bernstein during promo ads for their show, I'm struck by how bland those clips are. They are nothing compared to the quotes coming out of North, Boers, or even Murph during the station's golden years.

Yeah there is no one on the air now who could touch old Boers and Bernstein, much less the originals.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:53 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Yeah there is no one on the air now who could touch old Boers and Bernstein, much less the originals.

The people on the air now would be aghast at the old Boers and Bernstein show .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I caught a few minutes of the show yesterday in the car. It was basically Spiegs are Parkins wacking each other off after interviewing Justin Fields. It was truly embarrassing. Definitely worth the listen to hear two grown men worship a 22 year old.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mitch always looked overwhelmed, I never for a second thought he could amount to dick. Ive seen more from Fields in 4 games than Mitch in 4 years..he looks tge part and has the confidence and leadership ability.

As far as identical Completion % that means shit.

I read this a couple weeks ago..

Fields has thrown deep on 11 of his 72 attempts(15.3%) the highest in the nfl.. andy daulton attempted zero deep balls in his 50 attempts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
RFDC wrote:

Parkins is just putting a new coat of paint on his "raging Chubisky" bit from three or four years ago. "I'm gonna like my team's quarterback," real high-concept stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmgVkA9ERA

I laughed out loud hard less than two minutes in

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Shows used to be filled with sound clips making fun of a host/guest/caller screwing up a name or a caller acting the fool. Hosts regularly challenged team reps, columnists, each other. Each show had listener driven unique fun segment (caning, who you crappin', shot clock, etc.) Personality driven radio with some offbeat guys yakkin' about sports.

Impossible today because they would never dare do anything to challenge or embarrass a guest/host and they never take callers. Larry Horse would never have a job today. None of the hosts/producers are clever enough to come up with unique fun segments. Could never get a Neil from Northlake call through today.

So (have to use Nagy "so's" now because he likely has a short shelf life) we have show after show, segment after segment of tedious, non-personality driven radio. The hosts today would not have been considered for spots at the genesis of the station.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next