It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
W_Z wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mac,
You better mention Elmhurst Steve's name soon or he's going to have to cry himself to sleep tonight due to someone else getting your attention.

i think he's already mad and taking it out on you sox fans.

You're goddamn right! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
DegenerateDave wrote:
that's all I got...

wrong... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
this thread shall be summed up in smileys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
hackwilson's ribbies wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
that's all I got...

wrong... :wink:

Good catch..

I guess I should read ALL the meathead posts before I say that!

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
DegenerateDave wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:
Mac wrote:
You're quoting Shirtless Driver? Oooooh.... maybe I should reconsider my position on it. Actually... I think you just outed yourself. YOU are Shirtless Dirver. And a dipshit. An ant at a picnic... a fly in the afterbirth.

<DegenerateDave>HE noticed me - I didn't think he even knew my name - I'm gonna print his post and put it in my locket</DegenerateDave>

Dan,
Score Is Doomed might be Shirtless Dirver, but I'm shirtless driver.

Now that it's obvious that you've read my posts, and don't seem to
appreciate any of my opinions, why don't you address any of them?

The emperor truly has no clothes.

I find it ironic and somewhat funny that you are responding to Dan's post nearly almost immediately after he makes it and trying to use the quote function (FAIL) by saying that I was the one that was wanting to be noticed by Dan. POT MEET KETTLE.

Shirtless, you are a pud. Yeah, that's right, I am going to resort to name calling just like you and the other assholes that resort to namecalling when you have no valid argument.

You and the other contingent of Mac haters - who by the way are all present and accounted for in this thread - are pathetic. Do you have anything of substance to offer the board other than spewing venom for the multiple radio personalities that you dislike? At least SID and Gloopan offer opinions on other items other than their great distaste for the multitude of radio personalities that you have tee'd up over the last couple of months by checking your previous posts. Do you like anyone or anything? You appear to be a very lonely and very unhappy person and if that is true, I am sorry for you - if it isn't, well unfortunately that is what you are portrayed as here.

You can call me a Mac ALS'r all you want, but a good portion of my posts (much moreso than you) are dedicated to other topics - Cubs, funny stories, douchebag nominations, etc.

I thought Shakes was in the same group as you guys but I was wrong. Once I got to know him a little better - I like him. Maybe that will be the case with you as well - but I kind of doubt it. Shakes is a pretty decent guy that offers up opinions (like em or not) on a multitude of subjects and doesn't just troll around waiting for Dan to post.

So shirtless, go ahead and take your potshots at me - that's ok, I am an easy target. Have at it. But for God's sakes, develop some type of personality other than this lonely, curmudgeon like persona that permeates every post you have with a taste of bitter and acrid hatred for what - a radio personality? Someone you have never met? It seems pathetic and desperate to me. Branch out a little...

Dave,
A final word:
If I let your opinions of me affect me as much you let my opinions of Dan McNeil affect you,
then I truly would be as miserable and pathetic as you have decided I must be.
I am, however, flattered to know that you've taken the time to look at my post history
for the sole purpose of cherry picking every negative thing I've ever said about anything.
I've had plenty of positive interactions with some of the smarter people on this board.
Plenty of posts that don't involve "spewing venom".
I called Dan McNeil out on what I still feel was a dishonest explanation of why he doesn't take a lot of calls.
I explained in detail everything about his show that I don't like.
He didn't care to respond, which he does occasionally to specific criticisms.
He did call me a dipshit, thinking someone else was me.
Fine.
If every post I make has a taste of bitter and acrid hatred for Dan McNeil,
you're just not reading carefully.
I don't hate Dan, or Matt, I just don't like their show and I explained why.
Get over it.

Let me close with this:
I'm over the moon about the band U2.
I fucking LOVE U2. Seeing both shows next month.
Dan Bernstein can not stand U2.
I have bitched about Dan's bitching about U2 before.
But you already know that, as you've researched my
previous posts and probably ran a Lexis Nexis search on me as well. :wink:
The point is this -Dan's dislike of something I like doesn't prevent or hinder my
ability to like both Dan and U2 at the same time.
I've basically said everything I need to say about the Danny Mac show.
And I've said everything I need to say to you, so have a nice day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I dont dislike you because you dont like Dan Mcneil. I dislike you because you think that pud Raaaaaandy is funny. I shit funnier things than that. (See how I just set myself up there) :D

In the grand scheme of things does any of this fucking matter. Everyone here is spending too much time on shit they dont like or love a bit too much. Focus on the positive things in life, and you will be spending your time alot wiser. Ok motherfuckers. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I saw FUNNY PEOPLE,RRRAAANNNDDYY BLOWS! I think that was the point,to make RANDY an asshole. Hard to tell,plenty of assholes in that movie. Waiting for Jonah Hill's 15 minutes to end. Dick jokes,c'mon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:34 pm 

No one could be more wrong than Degenerate Dave when he says the Mac haters are purely "venomous" and haven't offered any constructive criticism. It would be quite possible to compile a list--albeit a rather long one--of the all the valid complaints lodged against the new show. As a matter of fact, after Mac got over his back-from-Canada, PTFB rant, he has actually addressed some of them and offered to make some changes. Unfortunately, I won't hear them because I believed his earlier statements that some things weren't going to change and if I didn't like them, I should PTFB. So I did. I still think I'm entitled to voice my opinion, though, on the current assigment of 21 1/4 hours a week to Mac on really the only outlet in town devoted to virtually full-time local sports coverage, DD's opinion notwithstanding.

DD, I also love the way you always say you're against name-calling, yet soon after that, without fail, people with whom you disagree are puds and pathetic and were treated to a lovely FUCK YOU, and your hero is calling people dipshits and a fly in the afterbirth. But that's OK; we all have our little examples of inconsistent behavior.

Perhaps I could be allowed to turn the tables and ask the Mac supporters for some specificity--as they demand from the Mac detractors--as to what exactly they like about Mac and his show. And not just pablum like "Oh, Mac is awesome, he's so cool, he's a great guy . . ." Do you gain a lot of sports knowledge or insight from this guy who doesn't think even Jay Cutler is a worthy interview at Bears training camp? Is his brand of humor really that funny? Are his bits of genius really worthy of being played over and over again as segment intros? I'm totally serious; I just CANNOT for the life of me see what about this guy and his shows inspires the kind of rabid support he seems to generate on this board. Please help me; I have an inquiring mind and I want to know what I'm missing. If you can demand to know what I don't like, I can at least ask you what you like so I can better understand.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Are his bits of genius really worthy of being played over and over again as segment intros?

I'm sure someone else has mentioned this in the past, but holy shit are these intros awful. I also cannot fathom the sheer laziness of replaying the same intro at 9 and 11. These are not that hard to chop up and play a new soundbite if you insist on patting yourselves on the back for your "humorous" opinions the day prior.

How about something like "The Danny Mac Show on sportsradio 670, the score," over a music bed of something semi current, or even 90's current, right before you begin speaking again. (I think rock or even 90's alternative would be popular amongst sports radio listeners) It's much more palatable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

Perhaps I could be allowed to turn the tables and ask the Mac supporters for some specificity--as they demand from the Mac detractors--as to what exactly they like about Mac and his show. And not just pablum like "Oh, Mac is awesome, he's so cool, he's a great guy . . ." Do you gain a lot of sports knowledge or insight from this guy who doesn't think even Jay Cutler is a worthy interview at Bears training camp? Is his brand of humor really that funny? Are his bits of genius really worthy of being played over and over again as segment intros? I'm totally serious; I just CANNOT for the life of me see what about this guy and his shows inspires the kind of rabid support he seems to generate on this board. Please help me; I have an inquiring mind and I want to know what I'm missing. If you can demand to know what I don't like, I can at least ask you what you like so I can better understand.

It's plain and simple. It keeps me company in the car or at work. It keeps me entertained.

You may ask: "What show doesn't?"

Mac has a way to be warm and inviting to his audience, while at the same time have an energy and be controversial and/or confrontational to people that he doesn't agree with. He has a balancing skill that many don't possess. When he has an edgy or controversial show, it makes me want to hear what happens next... ala Howard Stern. It's a bit hard sometimes for me to be objective about his show and I'm sure I'll always follow blindly. What can I say? I'm hooked.

It's all about entertaining and Mac is an entertainer who knows sports, movies, music etc. These are all things that most guys like to hear about. It's not that hard to figure out.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

Last edited by Eaglo Jeff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

I switched over from W&S because I wanted to listen to something other than "what's wrong with the cubs" after every fucking loss... I always find mac's shows to be entertaining, do I learn a lot about sports? no, but that could said of any sports radio show... I listen to sports radio to hear people's take on sporting events, trades, free agent signings ect... not to gain sport knowledge... I go to various websites to do that.

Mac has pissed me off with his opinion when he was the host of MJH, to the point of me writing an email telling him to fuck off and that he's lost another listener, but I stepped back for a few weeks and came back. I can't put my finger on what I like about the show, but it is probably a combination of raw opinion, and being able to laugh while I listen to the show.

I can't account for the amount of support that the guy gets pappy's crappy, for I don't really defend the guy, the only thing I can think of is that it is due to the fact that he posts here...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:04 pm 

heh, can people not have different tastes or something? good god...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

It's plain and simple. It keeps me company in the car or at work. It keeps me entertained.

You may ask: "What show doesn't?"

Mac has a way to be warm and inviting to his audience, while at the same time have an energy and be controversial and/or confrontational to people that he doesn't agree with. He has a balancing skill that many don't possess. When he has an edgy or controversial show, it makes me want to hear what happens next... ala Howard Stern. It's a bit hard sometimes for me to be objective about his show and I'm sure I'll always follow blindly. What can I say? I'm hooked.

It's all about entertaining and Mac is an entertainer who knows sports, movies, music etc. These are all things that most guys like to hear about. It's not that hard to figure out.

Very well said ... no histrionics, no finger pointing, no frills, just right to the point. Even if I didn't agree with it word for word, I'd still commend you for a nicely crafted 'graph+.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I dont dislike you because you dont like Dan Mcneil. I dislike you because you think that pud Raaaaaandy is funny. I shit funnier things than that. (See how I just set myself up there) :D

In the grand scheme of things does any of this fucking matter. Everyone here is spending too much time on shit they dont like or love a bit too much. Focus on the positive things in life, and you will be spending your time alot wiser. Ok motherfuckers. :lol:

I'd retort, but I gottatake a huuuuuuuuuuuuge shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyboard.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I'd retort, but I gottatake a huuuuuuuuuuuuge shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

i can't believe anybody wouldn't find raaandy hilarious.

that ain't a cheeseburger, that's my diiiiiieeeeccckkkk!

that's gold! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
The ratings are out, your time to shine SID.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
So shirtless, go ahead and take your potshots at me - that's ok, I am an easy target. Have at it.