It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
SHARK wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
Shark I got your back buddy.

Just cross your arms at your midsection, thrust your hips and yell out "suck it".

That will teach them to mess with The Shark.

Thanks, Dave... 8) :wink:

If you actually did that, it would be, "Thanks, Brian!"

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:22 pm 

Did North ever come in #1 over M&M ? I don't think so. That makes him / his show look that much worse!!! :lol:

Maybe M & H have more billboards. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
walkrman5 wrote:
Did North ever come in #1 over M&M ? I don't think so. That makes him / his show look that much worse!!! :lol:

Maybe M & H have more billboards. :lol:

No to both. 670 The SCORE has had a rotating billboard behind the plate and on the first base side at U.S. Cellular Field for both "Pappy" & "M & H". That's as close as both have come to any kind of billboard...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:29 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Quote:
Last but not least, what's the deal with Connor McKnight? He won the "PepsiMax SCORE Search" last summer, but Connor's only been on a couple of times with Les Grobstein late at night at the update desk! Matt "The Dancing Fool" Rodewald, Joe Bartosch & the Chris Chelios-looking Mike Esposito have had more airshifts than Connor. WTF?!

Perhaps the "PepsiMax SCORE Search" was a blatantly horseshit promotion. That the fuck!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Connor McKnight will get the pleasure of reporting on that stupid marathon the Score will be covering.

Nothing screams good radio like listening to a marathon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
Connor McKnight will get the pleasure of reporting on that stupid marathon the Score will be covering.

Peoria Matt, I'm puzzled why The SCORE is airing the Bank of America Chicago Marathon myself. Mac mentioned something yesterday about Adam Hoge, Nick Shepkowski and other SCORE producers in addition to Connor in one of the neighborhoods...I'll be watching it if I'm up early tomorrow morning, but for those wanting a little more info, check out what I posted yesterday...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38098

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 am 

SHARK wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Peoria Matt, I'm puzzled why The SCORE is airing the Bank of America Chicago Marathon myself. Mac mentioned something yesterday about Adam Hoge, Nick Shepkowski and other SCORE producers in addition to Connor in one of the neighborhoods...I'll be watching it if I'm up early tomorrow morning, but for those wanting a little more info, check out what I posted yesterday...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38098

I believe bbm used to cover it the bears are on a bye week & they are probably getting paid to do it & besides that who really listens to radio on a Sunday morning?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:30 am 

No. I think the Score has given them chances to prove themselves and the Score has decided against Drinky and Goff. I think that's the right decision. My so called "conspiracy theory" is that Drinky and Goff are upset about this. I don't know why that's such a controversial opinion. Of course they are. Nothing wrong with that either. Hell, you even hear them bitch about it on the B&B show. I've heard them bitch about not getting enough air time when they have a rare show. Although I haven't heard either do their own show in a long time. But when I say they are upset, people on this board get mad.[/quote]

What WSCR needs is new blood like Drinky & Goff. For some reason WSCR Management thinks it is a good idea to continue to hire re-treads like Rosenbloom.[/quote]

Scorehead, I couldn't agree with you more. I don't understand why the Trib's Steve Rosenbloom was recently re-hired to host the CBS Radio-owned sports talker's Saturday morning wakeup call with the already capable Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch. I've expressed how pleasantly surprised and passionate "Whip" really is about sports, and I wish he was on more. Paruch's doing updates tonight with LoHo...

As for Drinky & Goff, while I'm cool with them chiming in with "Boers & Bernstein" from time to time, I don't understand why they've been passed over the last couple months in favor of Laurence Holmes whenever Terry or Dan have been away for ANY reason. Right now, either one is lucky to get an airshift! By the way, Drinky will be on Saturday 6-8p on "Chicago's Sports Station".

Last but not least, what's the deal with Connor McKnight? He won the "PepsiMax SCORE Search" last summer, but Connor's only been on a couple of times with Les Grobstein late at night at the update desk! Matt "The Dancing Fool" Rodewald, Joe Bartosch & the Chris Chelios-looking Mike Esposito have had more airshifts than Connor. WTF?!

If you're looking to point the finger anywhere, I'd point it right at the feet of Drew Hayes, who was recently re-hired as Operations Director of SportsRadio 670 in addition to his other duties at WBBM Newsradio 780.[/quote]

I agree with you on Rosenbloom, but your guy "Whip" really isn't all that like you make him out to be. The update guys you mentioned have more time at the station so it would make perfect sense for them to get air time before Connor Mcknight. BTW what has Mcknight done that is so impressive that he deserves to be on in drivetime?