It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That's my problem with him lately. Leash or someone pointed it out as well. He reads and grabs some superficial infor from twitter or something and presents it as expert facts he is only in on. Same with that dumb broad he used for all his Penn St info.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
They. Lost. Money.

LOST. Money.

The. Blackhawks. Lost. Money.

It's not complicated!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
SpiralStairs wrote:
:lol: This coming from a guy that demands skepticism be applied to anything we see or hear from anyone, except doctors of course.

Yeah, and if Dan wants to champion himself as the Chicago media figure who won't fall victim to cheerleading and team neckties, then perhaps he should step up and call out the Blackhawks for bullshitting their loyal fans with claims of $20-million losses so as to keep jacking up the ticket/parking/booze prices.

However, this puts Dan in a Hawks-bashing quandary: is it better for him to go after the Blackhawks for patting their fans on the shoulder with one hand and picking their pocket with the other, or is it better for him to go after the Blackhawks--and the hockey world in general--by purporting that for all their alleged great leaps forward, they still fail? Knowing what we've come to know about Dan and his critical thinking, and the fact that one comes close to advocating for consumers rather than denigrating them, it's no shock he went with the latter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I would think his inherent distaste for criticizing another really important wealthy fellow member of the tribe has to play a part in his anxiety over which way to criticize the team as well.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/09/18/nhl-lockout-is-all-about-the-benjamins-and-who-doesnt-have-them/

I believe this is the article they talked about. It was from when the lockout started. It really doesn't matter who's making money. You didn't hear shit from supposed hockey fans til 2010, so it's safe to say most are bandwagon fans. Hockey is behind UFC, Golf, and Nascar. That probably shouldn't happen when you consider yourself one of the major 4 sports.

More up to date info from the same respected source. Click on the Blackhawks to get a little more background. http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:47 am 
1000 CLUB

I havnt listened since Dans depression confession day. I stayed on through Tom Shaer, North, Bull and Bear and even B+B but hearing my favorite host on my favorite show spill his guts about his personal life made me end my Score experience. McNeil's show turned into a reality show. To each his own but for me a sports station should be about Sports and not the show's host. A few at the Score seem to think otherwise.

The irony is Danny M. and Dan B. would never listen to the Score if they didnt work there. Its beneath them.

These guys won the fucking career lottery and act as if its their hobby. I hope you guys get what you want since its not being on the radio. "Let the chips fall where they may?" Doesn't sound like you give a shit. Why should anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mr. Belvidere wrote:
I havnt listened since Dans depression confession day. I stayed on through Tom Shaer, North, Bull and Bear and even B+B but hearing my favorite host on my favorite show spill his guts about his personal life made me end my Score experience. McNeil's show turned into a reality show. To each his own but for me a sports station should be about Sports and not the show's host. A few at the Score seem to think otherwise.

The irony is Danny M. and Dan B. would never listen to the Score if they didnt work there. Its beneath them.

These guys won the fucking career lottery and act as if its their hobby. I hope you guys get what you want since its not being on the radio. "Let the chips fall where they may?" Doesn't sound like you give a shit. Why should anyone else?

BRAVO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
badrogue17 wrote:
I would think his inherent distaste for criticizing another really important wealthy fellow member of the tribe has to play a part in his anxiety over which way to criticize the team as well.

I don't believe Wirtz is a member of the tribe. I'm pretty sure he's not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac's just trying a ham-handed negotiating tactic a la Terry's book.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I don't believe Wirtz is a member of the tribe. I'm pretty sure he's not.
:shock: :shock: :shock: you've got to be shitting me, Pyle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Their family is definitely Jewish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The Wirtzes are not Jewish. There's a distinct un-Jewishness to the old money of the NHL, and I've wondered if that's why Dan, who really seems to spend a lot of time thinking about the relative Jewishness of things, hasn't fully embraced the league.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 am 

He's probably not to fond of the Krauts either