It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is Shane?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
cookie23 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know who Shane was.....I don't think a lot of people did, but they do now.

With twitter, I saw this and have time on my hands, so here goes my thoughts

Some guy on Colin Cowherd Show asked him to name 3 cities he would want to live in and one of those was Chicago(which is kinda weird, first time I heard a relevant person say that, usually costal cities). That said the other guy said some thing to affect, "Chicago, its a war zone, Afghanistan, etc."

So for whatever reason Shane was upset someone "dissed" his city, which is so weird how butthurt and second city complex people are in the city and burbs in Chicago. That said, he linked the clip on twitter and said take my city out of f-ing mouth, etc, some thing like that.

Personally I love the city in fall, spring, and summer, a big Chicago fan, some people are not, who cares.

So Dan Proft(who I just heard of) with the former local NBC Amy who got in trouble with the pool thing with some killer trying to get a story, I guess spoke on it on their show.

Then a twitter beef erupted(which is how I found out).

A few things can be true
Dan Proft sounds like an idiot and horrible at politics. Typical far right wing guy, blowhard, etc.
I would assume the Score will suspend a producer who says he wants to bang a guys dead mom.
Also Spiegal and Parkins were laughing like a bunch of barstool dudes.

I cannot stand hypocrites more than anything. The station personalities are mostly far left guys. Spiegs might be the worst. Yes, Bernstein is a crazy far left twitter retweeter, follower of all things, etc, but Spiegs tries to always claim he is "above all the bad stuff" or "good karma guy," yet dude is always instigating, on his __ marriage, guy is a mess, no moral compass.

His self righteousness is the worst. Parkins is the youngest and most mature. He admits he is bleeding heart liberal and rarely talks or tweets politics.

IMO, probably nothing will happen and hypocrites will be hypocrites, but imo Shane should be suspended and have to offer a forced apology about wanting to bang a dudes dead mom.

We live in cancel culture, looks at the Barstool idiot who was reading a rap lyric to a song and got canned.

A suspension would be light. Proft sounds like an idiot and go all out, but why would you utter that and I dont get why it was so funny? Esp since the score is "smart radio"

Barstool is the frat house and the score has always been revenge of the nerds.

Just all weird, but entertaining.
Did you listen to the segment or just go with Twitter on this take?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
cookie23 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know who Shane was.....I don't think a lot of people did, but they do now.

Some guy on Colin Cowherd Show asked him to name 3 cities he would want to live in and one of those was Chicago(which is kinda weird, first time I heard a relevant person say that, usually costal cities). That said the other guy said some thing to affect, "Chicago, its a war zone, Afghanistan, etc."

So for whatever reason Shane was upset someone "dissed" his city, which is so weird how butthurt and second city complex people are in the city and burbs in Chicago. That said, he linked the clip on twitter and said take my city out of f-ing mouth, etc, some thing like that.

Personally I love the city in fall, spring, and summer, a big Chicago fan, some people are not, who cares.

So Dan Proft(who I just heard of) with the former local NBC Amy who got in trouble with the pool thing with some killer trying to get a story, I guess spoke on it on their show.

A few things can be true
Dan Proft sounds like an idiot and horrible at politics. Typical far right wing guy, blowhard, etc.
I would assume the Score will suspend a producer who says he wants to bang a guys dead mom.

I cannot stand hypocrites more than anything. The station personalities are mostly far left guys. Spiegs might be the worst. Yes, Bernstein is a crazy far left twitter retweeter, follower of all things, etc, but Spiegs tries to always claim he is "above all the bad stuff" or "good karma guy," yet dude is always instigating, on his __ marriage, guy is a mess, no moral compass.

His self righteousness is the worst. Parkins is the youngest and most mature. He admits he is bleeding heart liberal and rarely talks or tweets politics.

IMO, probably nothing will happen and hypocrites will be hypocrites, but imo Shane should be suspended and have to offer a forced apology about wanting to bang a dudes dead mom.

We live in cancel culture, looks at the Barstool idiot who was reading a rap lyric to a song and got canned.

A suspension would be light. Proft sounds like an idiot and go all out, but why would you utter that and I dont get why it was so funny? Esp since the score is "smart radio"

I’m happy for you, or sorry that happened to you

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

A few things can be true

I’m happy for you, or sorry that happened to you

Yea

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Shane looks like a hillbilly serial killer's mugshot too much to be eating his burgers.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
cookie23 wrote:

A few things can be true

You're definitely right about Spiegel being a bigger offender of leftist ideology than Bernstein. Spiegs still believe covid came from a bat and Fauci is the GOAT of covid.

What is so irritating about everyone at 670 is they're all objective when it comes to sports. They all have their own opinions and can most of the time discuss it civilly. But when it comes to politics it's one narrative, all lockstep with the same leftist talking points. Any deviation from these talking points and you're met with fire and brimstone (and members of). It's all very bizarre too me. Like they have this program in them that can't be challenged and if it is they'll blow up. They're not much different from MAGA crowd. In fact I think they're worse.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I wholeheartedly believe a giggling Leila has said at one time or another to family and or friends a form of "The guys at the radio station are all so hideously ugly". If you could bet on it it'd be a gimme.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:24 pm 

I was listening to this segment when it happened. It was definitely odd. They declared a new enemy of the show/station and then Shane takes it to the level of boning the dudes mom. It was really awkward.

Profit sounds like an asshat too.

I have always like Shanes role on the show and how he takes things in strange directions at times. But this was a bit much.

I must have missed what happened with Jacobson? A pool story? What is that?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Quote:
According to Illinois State Board of Elections records, Spiegel has voted in one primary election, for Democrats. Parkins is registered to vote, but has never voted. Riordan is not registered to vote.

Tell us again how to think and live our lives :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
I was listening to this segment when it happened. It was definitely odd. They declared a new enemy of the show/station and then Shane takes it to the level of boning the dudes mom. It was really awkward.

I have always like Shanes role on the show and how he takes things in strange directions at times. But this was a bit much.

Drew Peterson

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:36 pm 

None of those things surprise me.

Shane has said that he is basically against all gov't and is probably closest to Libertarian. So not surprised he has not voted.

Meat is too lazy to do much voting. He is the typical guy that loves to complain and yet never actually do anything.

Parkins is the most funny to me. He loves to share his liberal views on things and owns being a bleeding heart liberal, just not committed enough to actually vote :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:51 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'm glad I quit listening to sports radio.

Didn't used to be about boning somebody's Mom. Used to be I'd listen all the time and then I'd bone somebody's Mom. But it was my kids Mom.

And nobody felt good about that either. I mean...I did..but I'm not sure if anybody else did.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Drew Peterson

I think it was a different wife disappearer. Craig Stebic?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:

But the station can’t like Connor Bedard because old unrelated rape type things years ago?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

A few things can be true

Did you listen to the segment or just go with Twitter on this take?

Twitter and saw the clip on the last page. It was just weird to say you are going to bone someone's mom. Why go there?
Maybe I am just old now, I didn't know that was a thing when insulting.

Other weird thing is they all claim not to know about Proft(I honestly heard of him the first time yesterday), but they all seem to hate him more than anything which is weird as well.

Prediction - Nothing will happen, a non story next week, but quite the AM Beef(Great series on Netflix)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
cookie23 wrote:

So for whatever reason Shane was upset someone "dissed" his city, which is so weird how butthurt and second city complex people are in the city and burbs in Chicago.

This is the most inferiority-complex shit I've ever seen. Sorry that you had to listen to Stern on WCKG and didn't get to be a Real New Yorker instead. You're stuck with us and us with you.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
RFDC wrote:

Proft's whole thing last year was that he created all these fake local newspapers called like The Northwest Suburbs Daily News that were actually just ads for Darren Bailey (a farmer from southern Illinois). It had the appearance of a broadsheet newspaper but the front-page story was always, like, "JB Pritzker Wants To Make It Illegal For Your Children Not To Be Trans." Then in the back, there was a "sports section" that was like "here are some people who play high school football in a 30-mile radius." I think the whole thing got a total of five people to vote for Bailey.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Proft's whole thing last year was that he created all these fake local newspapers called like The Northwest Suburbs Daily News that were actually just ads for Darren Bailey (a farmer from southern Illinois). It had the appearance of a broadsheet newspaper but the front-page story was always, like, "JB Pritzker Wants To Make It Illegal For Your Children Not To Be Trans." Then in the back, there was a "sports section" that was like "here are some people who play high school football in a 30-mile radius." I think the whole thing got a total of five people to vote for Bailey.

That’s when tubby used the power of the state to threaten publishers willing to produce those papers.

Great moments in Illinois’ democracy.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That’s when tubby used the power of the state to threaten publishers willing to produce those papers.

You beat me to it. Fat Fuck interfered in an election.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nardi wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I had no idea there were fans of junk mail

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I had no idea there were fans of junk mail

Did he strong arm "current resident" junk mail senders?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Proft is a smart guy, but he's somewhat of a sleaze bag. That fake newspaper thing was ridiculous, he got the Bailey campaign in hot water by attempting to intercede in a law suit involving the campaign, he's kind of a dick to Amy on his radio show, he was involved in the "storming" of 69 W. Washington during Tony Peraica's failed run for County Board President in 2006, and he's one of these guys that tries to be Mr. Chicago while very quietly living out of state (Florida in his case).

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Warren Newson wrote:
and he's one of these guys that tries to be Mr. Chicago while very quietly living out of state (Florida in his case).

So he's like Pritzker?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Caller Bob wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
and he's one of these guys that tries to be Mr. Chicago while very quietly living out of state (Florida in his case).

So he's like Pritzker?

Except he's a Republican and isn't morbidly obese.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Shane not in today.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins & Spiegel are best talking about their many humorous struggles navigating through life. Their generic sports talk is generic blather that's interchangeable with other boring Score hosts.

I'm routinely disgusted by what a pussy Parkins is in every aspect of home ownership. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's repulsive.

I love you for this. Underrated post.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
https://www.si.com/mlb/whitesox/history ... ne-riordan

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

ShortTimeLurker wrote:
https://www.si.com/mlb/whitesox/history/a-conversation-with-shane-riordan

I'd rather rip my eyes out than read that.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins & Spiegel are best talking about their many humorous struggles navigating through life. Their generic sports talk is generic blather that's interchangeable with other boring Score hosts.

I'm routinely disgusted by what a pussy Parkins is in every aspect of home ownership. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's repulsive.

I love you for this. Underrated post.

Wow. Welcome back.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have many thoughts on this show after spending my time at home with my newborn daughter to start the year. First word that comes to mind is trash. Shane has a lot to do with that. Parkins and Spiegel aren't leaders. They're followers always searching for acceptance. They, along with Mitch Rosen, enable Shane to act like he can do whatever he wants. In some ways, as much as I dislike Shane, you could argue the other three people should be held as accountable as Shane for what happened on air last week.

I'm pretty sure I would write 2,000 words on how much this show sucks and the funny thing is on paper, it shouldn't.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:23 pm 

Turned in late in the day and Shane is not there today. Has anything been said about things? Maybe a suspension?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next