It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Sounds like a mutual slurp-a-thon from what you all have reported. Maybe since it was a one time visit the Mackeyfish was able to stomach Harry's personality.

Deep down, if Mac was choosing who'd he co-host with...It's still Spiegs.

How could you possibly know that, SHARK?

Id say its Jurko.

It might very well be, RP. I thought I read somewhere that John Jurkovic's contract expires this summer. A "Mac & Jurko" reunion? We'll see...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
well I guess he's afraid of Berns, just like Candyman.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Guests don't usually stay on for transition.

I understand him not being there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Meatpants went in on Day 1 guns-a-blazin'.

Yeah,Meat always stands up to Bernsy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 pm 

Blackhawks' TV PBP Pat Foley among the guests tomorrow. Now here's John Feinstein. Tough act to follow, Johnny.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm 

I did not mean to imply he ran away, rather he was afraid of him. He is. If you can't hear that in his voice....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Teiny has never liked Bernstein. If the search function worked, and if it hasn't been pruned, I'd pull a post where I mentioned that Harry made a joke during the MJH days...there was a kid on Wisky's FB team with the last name of Bernstein (maybe Bucky Chris remembers), and Harry said "It's so good to have a Bernstein in the area that's not full of himself".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

If ESPN had marginally passable hosts, I'd never listen to the Score (except for Les). The abomination that just was on the air may have been the absolute worst show I've ever dropped in and out of since the days of Joe Cain @ 1a on a Saturday morning.

Mac has completely lost his fastball. No fire, no passion and no insight. Not that he ever really had any "insight" into any "sport" other than fishing. But at least he's earned the right to have a slow period.

Harry may be the worst Chicago broadcaster ever. I mean worse than even Lou Brock doing analysis for the White Sox bad.

Finfer is the absolute worst of the under 35-40 set. Imo, he is the worst of Murph, Bernstein and Mac rolled into one.

And to turn on transition and catch more of the increasingly unfortunate 5'5"-er....ugh

Please ESPN, anything. Please.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SHARK wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Sounds like a mutual slurp-a-thon from what you all have reported. Maybe since it was a one time visit the Mackeyfish was able to stomach Harry's personality.

Deep down, if Mac was choosing who'd he co-host with...It's still Spiegs.

How could you possibly know that, SHARK?

Id say its Jurko.

It might very well be, RP. I thought I read somewhere that John Jurkovic's contract expires this summer. A "Mac & Jurko" reunion? We'll see...

I know a lot of people on this board would like to see Mac and Jurko again — and I know Jurko's contract expires this summer — but I think 1000 keeps him with Carmen for a couple years or he moves alongside Waddle and Silvy.

And then after today hearing Harry, I think the Score might try and incorporate him in somehow. Maybe he goes into the studio each time Spiegel is out and Mac is with Finfer and a fantasy football show on the weekend or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:47 pm 

I don't think Mike Francesa would be too thrilled. His "NFL Now" show, soon to relocate to CBS Sports Radio this fall, airs just before Hub Arkush & Matt Bowen host the Bears' pregame on The SCORE Sunday mornings during football season.

Last edited by SHARK on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I just don't get it. Just about everyone on the CSFMB constantly talks about their disdain for AM1000. Mac seems intent on bringing "talent" from there over to SCR. Why should Harry get a 3rd or 4th chance at a career instead of bringing in some fresh talent??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:52 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Totally appropriate gif, because it went exactly like that, but it took a lot of balls, and it was an entertaining interlude.

Thanks Q

It did seem like a perfect fit.

SIDEBAR: If Cinderella's glass slipper was the PERFECT FIT, why did it fall off?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:53 pm 

My sources indicate the Score is not interested in bringing Jurko in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:54 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I just don't get it. Just about everyone on the CSFMB constantly talks about their disdain for AM1000. Mac seems intent on bringing "talent" from there over to SCR. Why should Harry get a 3rd or 4th chance at a career instead of bringing in some fresh talent??

I agree on the fresh talent, Jimmy, but even though they've been part of the CBS Radio family for many years now, The SCORE tends to hire from within and not necessarily hire outside talent to host their shows.

Joe Ostrowski, a producer by trade, will be hosting the latenight SCORE after White Sox/Blue Jays tonight & after Twins/White Sox tomorrow night. That might also explain why another Mac show producer, Nick Shepkowski, also a producer by trade, and 670thescore.com Webmaster Adam Hoge, for examples, are going to host live, local sports talk Saturday night after the Twins/White Sox game around 6:30P-ish.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Harry just sounded so polished today.

Total Men's Radio professional.

Really, I don't give the guy a lot of credit, but he brings it - especially riffing off Mac.

There is something to be said about Harry's work with Mac. They work well together...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Q.Bovifs wrote:

Really, I don't give the guy a lot of credit, but he brings it - especially riffing off Mac.

Hell he should be polished! He's been in radio for 25 years. I was done with it when he started throwing bouquets at Carmen. Sports radio is like football in that sense. Everyone thinks the back up QB is better. He said they told him he was fired because he had been there the longest. That's all I needed to hear.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

Hell he should be polished! He's been in radio for 25 years. I was done with it when he started throwing bouquets at Carmen. Sports radio is like football in that sense. Everyone thinks the back up QB is better. He said they told him he was fired because he had been there the longest. That's all I needed to hear.

I heard that as well, but that doesn't explain why he got the hook after 12 years. Harry's shtick became stale, and ESPN Radio bosses in BOTH Bristol, CT there & State Street here thought the time was now to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

I heard that as well, but that doesn't explain why he got the hook after 12 years. Harry's shtick became stale, and ESPN Radio bosses in BOTH Bristol, CT & State Street here think the time was now to get rid of him.

I think he would be different if uncorked at the Score. He even was having trouble sayiong "ass" today out of habit

If he could relax a bit, he might be pretty damn good.

We only got the Rated PG-version across the dial. This would be PG-13 at the very minimum.

As they say on the Mac show...

Keep it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:27 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

I heard that as well, but that doesn't explain why he got the hook after 12 years. Harry's shtick became stale, and ESPN Radio bosses in BOTH Bristol, CT & State Street here think the time was now to get rid of him.

I think he would be different if uncorked at the Score. He even was having trouble sayiong "ass" today out of habit

If he could relax a bit, he might be pretty damn good.

We only got the Rated PG-version across the dial. This would be PG-13 at the very minimum.

for fucks sake man, let's not go down this road of actually petitioning to get that hump BACK on the radio. Wooden steaks, silver bullets, holy water...nothing could kill that guy's career. Finally, we get some divine intervention to remove him from broadcasting and some of you are looking for a resurrection.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 am 

I agree with Mac about Carmen but it rings hollow as you sit there with Rainbow Bright who hasn't uttered a critical thought on the radio for a quarter of a century.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:

for fucks sake man, let's not go down this road of actually petitioning to get that hump BACK on the radio. Wooden steaks, silver bullets, holy water...nothing could kill that guy's career. Finally, we get some divine intervention to remove him from broadcasting and some of you are looking for a resurrection.

You're welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 am 

for the life of me I couldn't figure out what Wooden steaks were.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:57 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Never been to a Dolphin barbeque huh?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Keeping Score wrote:
The Tiny love in this thread is deplorable. Careful what you wish for. Thanks again Speeps!

The love is a product of princess pissy pants candyman.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: LouMal
They are both bad. The difference is Teiny can laugh about his demons.Candyman has so much emotional baggage it affects the atmosphere on the show. Mac never knows when Candyman will show up in one of his "moods"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:27 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Tiny sucked on Thursday just like he has everyday of his life. Him and Spiegel should put together a song and joke act and go on the road. They can call it the Wandering Jews.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 am 

SHARK wrote:
I don't think Mike Francesa would be too thrilled. His "NFL Now" show, soon to relocate to CBS Sports Radio this fall......

I won't listen to any guy who can't pronounce his own name.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Never been to a Dolphin barbeque huh?

I know I'm considered a caveman for it, but I like my steaks medium well to well.

I would really love to be like Darkside and open my house to the board. You'll have to settle for me opening my heart to it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dolphin is right, you people are crazy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next