It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mac was praising Parkins for pursuing his dream of a career in radio while in NY working for $9/hr and sharing an apartment with two guys he didn't know, saying a lot of people would have given up at that point and tried something else. He also mentioned, which I did not know, that the first time Parkins applied for a job at WSCR they hired Shepkowski instead of him. I wonder how things would have worked out had Parkins been hired at that time? As it stands, Shepkowski is still a virtual nobody and Parkins is considered by many to be the FoTS.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:08 pm 

All I know is that Parko is the most Loathsome SCORE host in its history. His ability to annoy and make people hate him is unchallenged.
On Twitter, he is even a BIGGER asshole.

I hope Sir really knocks the crap out of him in the hallways one day... and Julie sits on him.
what say you, MAC?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac was praising Parkins for pursuing his dream of a career in radio while in NY working for $9/hr and sharing an apartment with two guys he didn't know, saying a lot of people would have given up at that point and tried something else. He also mentioned, which I did not know, that the first time Parkins applied for a job at WSCR they hired Shepkowski instead of him. I wonder how things would have worked out had Parkins been hired at that time? As it stands, Shepkowski is still a virtual nobody and Parkins is considered by many to be the FoTS.

Parkins would have been indoctrinated into the avg boring WSCR underling-type if had he gotten that job.

It was better that he was forced to split out on his own.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
oak forest blarney wrote:
All I know is that Parko is the most Loathsome SCORE host in its history. His ability to annoy and make people hate him is unchallenged.

I hope Sir really knocks the crap out of him in the hallways one day... and Julie sits on him.
what say you, MAC?

Bernstein was way worse.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
He would certainly have fit in with the extreme dues-paying culture of the Score if he had been hired back then instead. Even as someone who has mocked that culture, I think it's weird that this 30-year-old dude showed up out of nowhere and was suddenly THE GUY and we were all supposed to care deeply about what he had to say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Their interviews with Brewer's catcher Erik Kratz have been entertaining.

Parkins is hosting middays and Shepkowski is apparently going to be walking down Michgan Avenue wearing a Borat-style bathing suit thingy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
oak forest blarney wrote:

what say you, MAC?

I think you misspelled Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tad Queasy wrote:
Their interviews with Brewer's catcher Erik Kratz have been entertaining.

Parkins is hosting middays and Shepkowski is apparently going to be walking down Michgan Avenue wearing a Borat-style bathing suit thingy.

I was laughing when he made that bet. It's gonna happen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't wanna crap on Shep for he is a good genuine guy, but there is no comparing the two. Both young which is the only thing they have in common in regards to radio. Shep is a back office person, Parkins(face for radio). Not saying ugly,etc., but if you saw him on the streets you would think he was your average 25-30 year old.

Parkins has a radio voice and is very good at what he does. For those that say he is awful on twitter? He is light years more mature than Bernstein who is more than twice his age. He is smart and doesn't constantly retweet dumb political stuff. Parkins gets it and has a bright future.

I dont see radio ever in the future for shep and most likely has to change careers more $$$.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Shep is a good boy. A likable simpleton. Unlike Goff and drinky before him. Shep loves sports more than anybody should. Shep will never talk about social issues/politics because he's too stupid to care or know about anything but sports. That's all he cares about. That's his entire life. Which is fine. That's what I want from these sports talkers.

But why these guys aren't convinced to have a good voice by management is amazing.

Shep has that Nasally voice. It's a coal city voice and annoying. It can be corrected. Nobody at the SCORE tells him to do so. Nobody told driny before him. You can correct it if you try.

You would think a radio station in the third largest market would tell their boys to lose the damn Chicago/midwestern accent. Mitch doesn't do that. The boys should try to lose it on their own. But they're stupid. So they don't.

STOP TALKING THROUGH YOUR NOSE.

It's that simple.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
cookie23 wrote:
Parkins has a radio voice and is very good at what he does. For those that say he is awful on twitter? He is light years more mature than Bernstein who is more than twice his age. He is smart and doesn't constantly retweet dumb political stuff. Parkins gets it and has a bright future.

His vocal fry takes months to get past, so I wouldn't say it is a radio voice. Also, he seems a high-risk candidate to fall into the lifestyle trappings of other radio guys that came before him... he seems to have a few vices, although politics is certainly not one. He is no risk to turn into the SJW Paterno Bernstein.