It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Bowl Plays
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac - any leans on the Super Bowl?

Post subject: Re: Super Bowl Plays
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:17 am 

I'm going to take Arizona with the points. Not a big move because I still don't think the Cardinals' defense is as good as it's appeared the past month. Delhomme made AZ look better than it really is and the Eagles were, well, the Eagles. I believe Roethlisberger is a bit gimpy and I don't think Ward is as ready as the Steelers say he is.

Leaning toward the over. I know the Steelers defense is excellent, but it's Warner and Fitzgerald (and a fine supporting cast).

I always play a guy from each squad on first player to score a touchdown. Usually, I pick a guy who is a medium to long shot. Hightower could be my Cardinal and I may take Holmes on the other side.

Gonna check and see if there's a prop on 50+ yard field goals. Rackers has the leg and when you couple that with Pittsburgh's ability to made big plays on 3rd down, he may get a chance or two. Longest FG in SB history: Steve Christie, Buffalo, 54-yards. Does that get broken today? Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Mac wrote:
I'm going to take Arizona with the points. Not a big move because I still don't think the Cardinals' defense is as good as it's appeared the past month. Delhomme made AZ look better than it really is and the Eagles were, well, the Eagles. I believe Roethlisberger is a bit gimpy and I don't think Ward is as ready as the Steelers say he is.

Leaning toward the over. I know the Steelers defense is excellent, but it's Warner and Fitzgerald (and a fine supporting cast)..

Hey now! What's that supposed to mean about my Eagles Mac? :wink:

Thanks, I'll be collecting my winnings by taking the Steelers and the under. :P :P :wink: :lol:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

Leaning toward the over. I know the Steelers defense is excellent, but it's Warner and Fitzgerald (and a fine supporting cast).

I always play a guy from each squad on first player to score a touchdown. Usually, I pick a guy who is a medium to long shot. Hightower could be my Cardinal and I may take Holmes on the other side.

Gonna check and see if there's a prop on 50+ yard field goals. Rackers has the leg and when you couple that with Pittsburgh's ability to made big plays on 3rd down, he may get a chance or two. Longest FG in SB history: Steve Christie, Buffalo, 54-yards. Does that get broken today? Hmmmmm.

Do the complete opposite of what Mac's saying and you'll be a winner. :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i just read this.
i also like the Cards to win 29-27....so, do the exact opposite of me too cuz I never win unless Ed or Coast tell me who to put money on.
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:02 pm 

Here what I'm rooting for:
Cardinals +6.5 1 unit
over 46.5 1 unit
Warner pass yds over 265 1 unit (-170)
Roethlisberger pass yds under 220 1 unit (+135)
Hightower to score TD? yes, 1 unit (+160)
First to score TD: Holmes 8/1 1 unit; Breaston 10/1 1 unit
First sack: A. Wilson 10/1 1 unit
Long FG o/u 44.5 over (-125) 2 units

Good luck. Enjoy the show. Eat me, Slappy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Slap Shot ED wrote:
Mac wrote:

Do the complete opposite of what Mac's saying and you'll be a winner. :wink: :lol:

Mac should start a website called; http://www.dothefuckingoppositeofwhatIdo.com. He'll get rich. Are you kiddin' me?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Mr. Reason wrote:
Slap Shot ED wrote:
Mac wrote:

Mac should start a website called; http://www.dothefuckingoppositeofwhatIdo.com. He'll get rich. Are you kiddin' me?

Would this be on the home page?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

When the game was on the line, quarterbacks and playmaking WRs made the difference.

The Bears have neither.

Enjoy the offseason.

...and nice calls Mac.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore