It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestion for the Show
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
GET MIKE FLORIO ON ONCE A WEEK!

I'm biased because I follow his website daily, but he was a real good interview. He spit out a LOT of information that was very relevant in both of the situations discussed. He doesn't miss a thing when it comes to the NFL and has a real good pulse on (what seems like) every team in the NFL.

I know this show isn't much for interviews, but I think he is worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
He's awesome, Chris. It's my vote that we use him more often.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am 

Done. Miska, screen the damn callers! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I thought the interview was good. Maybe he can be brought in between Roger Bossard segments. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Good job mac and Miska! I didn't get to hear the interview, but I agree, its good to get guys like that on. I for one and bored with hearing the same 10 local reporters on the air all week long. I would much rather get a national perspective, even if they are talking about the local teams. That way it comes off as unbiased, or at least not so homerish.

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Maybe fit it in during discussions of what men you have seen naked (but only if time permits!)

Krazy Ivan wrote:
I thought the interview was good. Maybe he can be brought in between Roger Bossard segments. :wink:

Still waiting for MAC or Meatpants to address the Bossard fetish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am 

What did he think about the color of Stewart Cink's shirt? Did he think it was Myrtle or Harlequin?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
I'll give this to Florio ... he's the only one holding ESPN's feet to the fire on the Big Ben rape civil suit. He's not afraid to take on the 800 pound gorilla, of course it helps to have a 1600 pound gorilla behind you (General Electric).

Thank God ... only 9 more days til Platteville, err Bourbonnais. I miss Platteville.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Good Stuff today. I think the show has been very solid all week and let's hear more of Kerry and her thoughts....... :wink:

I know it's taboo with Mac but I'd like to hear a little fantasy football insight and more guests like you had on today.

Still waiting for my offer sheet to become you're Hawks expert Mackey........ :eye:

Last edited by Slap Shot ED on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
Mac wrote:
Done. Miska, screen the damn callers! ;-)

Do the show....... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah, I was in the work truck....that was good stuff with the Flo.

saw this uber hot 40 something in a mini skirt at the gas station..
her spanking new red bmw license plate: I UNWED U

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
doug - evergreen park wrote:
yeah, I was in the work truck....that was good stuff with the Flo.

saw this uber hot 40 something in a mini skirt at the gas station..
her spanking new red bmw license plate: I UNWED U

Was it that hot blond divorce attorney who got in trouble for having the billboards a couple years ago? I forgot her name, but she's in the news every once in awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Slap Shot ED wrote:
Good Stuff today. I think the show has been very solid all week and let's hear more of Kerry and her thoughts....... :wink:

I know it's taboo with Mac but I'd like to hear a little fantasy football insight and more guests like you had on today.

Still waiting for my offer sheet to become you're Hawks expert Mackey........ :eye:

And Im still waiting on an offer to be their MMA expert. Dana White was on the Waddle and Silvy show yesterday at noon and supposedly there was alot of people sending emails and texts in trying to ask Dana questions. Huh, who would have thought MMA was something fans in Chicago wanted to hear about? :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pete's
Agreed Mac. Florio's weekly segment on DP is the only 15 minutes of the show worth listening to a week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:20 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

And Im still waiting on an offer to be their MMA expert.

Sell me on you being a better option than...Supercup, Big Tim, RFDC, and all the other MMA enthusiasts on the board.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:22 pm 

HEY MISKA MAC OR MEATPANTS

WHY BOSSARD?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigtim and his website might be better served as a local MMA expert.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Sell me on you being a better option than...Supercup, Big Tim, RFDC, and all the other MMA enthusiasts on the board.

What do you want to know? The fact that I have watched since the original UFC's. Or the fact that I dont miss the shows now, and havent missed them since 2004. What about all the other federations that I could list off like the WEC, Strikeforce, Affliclition, Dream. MMA is passion for me and I personally would like to hear someone talk about it on a constant basis, it doesn have to be me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

What do you want to know? The fact that I have watched since the original UFC's. Or the fact that I dont miss the shows now, and havent missed them since 2004. What about all the other federations that I could list off like the WEC, Strikeforce, Affliclition, Dream. MMA is passion for me and I personally would like to hear someone talk about it on a constant basis, it doesn have to be me.

Chris - I am with you on the MMA sentiment. I have followed since the beginning and while I may not be an "expert" on all the associations of MMA, I could fill in for you on WEC, UFC and Affliction. JackRef knows his shit when it comes to MMA as well as the others mentioned.

I do have a question for you chris - why does Uriah Faber not get the creds as being one of the best pound per pound fighters in all of MMA?

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 pm 

Im not sure why Faber doesnt get the credit he deserves. I agree with you on the fact that he is a great fighter and his last fight with Mike Brown showed that. The guy had to broken hands and still fought his ass off. Mike Brown wasnt able to really do alot of damage to Faber and but he should have been able to do something with a guy with 2 broken hands. His fight with Jens Pulver(the 1st) was one of the more entertaining fights that I have seen within the last few years.

To answer you question Dave I think its because he does fight in the WEC and he does fight in the smaller weight class. The UFC has the hype to them, and I think if they had a 145 lbs division that Faber would probably get the credit he deserves. True fight fans know how good he is though. Kinda like Fedor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:42 pm 

I really do dig Big tims website though for MMA. Alot of the stuff can be found on MMAjunkie.com, but Tim does have some of his own(great) stuff on there too. If its MMA ill support it. Fuck knows the Cubs arent getting any of my money lately.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
MMA discussion= PTFB radio.

If people think hockey, my favorite sport, is a niche sport, MMA is the poster child of niche sports. No offense to those who enjoy it. Just not my cup o' tea.

Even if they have an expert on to talk MMA, I imagine it would sound a lot like Mac talking NBA, which is the epitome of PTFB radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

If people think hockey, my favorite sport, is a niche sport, MMA is the poster child of niche sports. No offense to those who enjoy it. Just not my cup o' tea.

Even if they have an expert on to talk MMA, I imagine it would sound a lot like Mac talking NBA, which is the epitome of PTFB radio.

Ed, unfortunately, I have to agree with you - I think me, Chris, Big Tim and Kujoe and a few sparse others would be the only ones not pushing the button.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:49 pm 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

Maybe so, but I know I made sure I was by my radio yesterday when Dana White was on Waddle and Silvy. You dont need to break out into UFC talk at any given moment, like you can do with hockey or anything else. I think you can give its own ten minute segment once a week, on a show that has 20 hours of programming.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

it would have to be a quick segment. maybe even in an update sort of style like dan patrick does with certain guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Maybe so, but I know I made sure I was by my radio yesterday when Dana White was on Waddle and Silvy. You dont need to break out into UFC talk at any given moment, like you can do with hockey or anything else. I think you can give its own ten minute segment once a week, on a show that has 20 hours of programming.

Maybe so :wink: , but for every person such as yourself, how many others went 330 clicks down the dial? I would venture to guess a lot more than would tune in for such discussion.

Chris, that's why there's vanilla, and that's why there's chocolate...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:03 pm 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Maybe so :wink: , but for every person such as yourself, how many others went 330 clicks down the dial? I would venture to guess a lot more than would tune in for such discussion.

Chris, that's why there's vanilla, and that's why there's chocolate...

It might be right up there with Hockey talk. And I like Hockey talk. I know with TV you can break down the ratings the next day almost in 15 minute segments, im not sure you can do that with radio. The only way you can judge it by right away is the amount of text messages you get, to the emails, or hell even do a poll question. I would think more people would tune in to an exact time scheduled program, than tune out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:55 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

As always Ed, spot on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
Listened to the Florio interview on the podcast on the way home last night (God Bless the iPhone 3Gs) and I think that's the best 20 minutes I've heard of the show. Mac and Spiegs were both dialed in and Florio isn't going to pull any punches. I've love to see Florio with a regular spot this fall - but if it was up to Mel Junior, it would be pigskin talk 24/7 on the Score.

8 Days to .... Bourbonnais!