It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac has been chirping that Mulley and Hanley's show has unseated the Mike and Mike show as the #1 man show in the morning.

I think M&H are an ok show but I think they can credit Mac's show as the reason they are where they are. Funny they couldn't draw files until Mac got there and if Im a betting man and I woulsd say B&B and Mac's numbers are up as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:13 am 

Rod Marinelli had more to do with M&H numbers than I did. The credit goes to M&H and their staff. We lost to W&S. Kudos to them. We'll get better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Mac wrote:
Rod Marinelli had more to do with M&H numbers than I did. The credit goes to M&H and their staff. We lost to W&S. Kudos to them. We'll get better.

Can't wait for SID, Gloopan, and Magnus Buchan to pounce on this. NWSHussra too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
spmack wrote:

Can't wait for SID, Gloopan, and Magnus Buchan to pounce on this. NWSHussra too.

We know exactly where this thread is going to go, and it's not good. But like a train wreck I guess, I'm sure I"ll be reading it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
spmack wrote:
Mac wrote:

JOHN KIRK wrote:
Its Meatpants' fault! He sux!!!11!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am 

I would think the olympic bid aided Mully and Hanley. I doubt Mike and Mike were talking much Chicago Bid stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
rogers park bryan wrote:
I would think the olympic bid aided Mully and Hanley. I doubt Mike and Mike were talking much Chicago Bid stuff...

Oh c'mon...do you really think the Chicago Olympic bid helped the Scores ratings? I don't think so.
You are overestimating the amount of interest in the Olympics.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 am 

Scorehead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Oh c'mon...do you really think the Chicago Olympic bid helped the Scores ratings? I don't think so.

Ok. It was probably people tuning in early for Meatpants.

Scorehead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

They absolutely did. You could have been against the bid, but still interested in hearing discussion about them. It was a big topic around town and people had strong opinions for and against the games.

Here is a blurb from the Larz site...

September also was a month for local sports stations to demonstrate that Chicago men still love their sports -- whether or not the pro teams are at their best. In the 25-to-54 male demo, WMVP-AM (1000) wound up in third place in September with a 5.4 share. That beat WSCR-AM's (670) 4.7, which put it in fourth place. But the Score's morning drive show with Sun-Times reporters Brian Hanley and Mike Mulligan took first place with a 6.4 share among males 25 to 54, ahead of WMVP's morning drive show, which was tied for second with a 6.1.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 am 

The olympic bid had nothing to do with these ratings. The olympic stuff would most likely be covered in the next ratings book.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Here is a blurb from the Larz site...

September also was a month for local sports stations to demonstrate that Chicago men still love their sports -- whether or not the pro teams are at their best. In the 25-to-54 male demo, WMVP-AM (1000) wound up in third place in September with a 5.4 share. That beat WSCR-AM's (670) 4.7, which put it in fourth place. But the Score's morning drive show with Sun-Times reporters Brian Hanley and Mike Mulligan took first place with a 6.4 share among males 25 to 54, ahead of WMVP's morning drive show, which was tied for second with a 6.1.

That hurts your argument. The Score did better with the Chicago focused morning show (aka RPB's olympic point) and then fell back once MVP started with their local programing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am 

Douchebag wrote:
The olympic bid had nothing to do with these ratings. The olympic stuff would most likely be covered in the next ratings book.

says the bag that detests Mike and Mike and all things ESPN

Seriously thats a good point though, I forgot to account for the timing. But if it covers ALL of september than it was right in the Olympic wheelhouse

I dont know I listen to about seven minutes of M & M while I get ready for work, and rarely have the pleasure of listening to Mulligan or Hanley...Did they do a lot of olympic stuff anyway?

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am 

Mac wrote:

Q: When does the getting better start?
A: When you get a new partner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

The loss is certainly no surprise. Did your ratings drop since you told people to PTFB?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thanks for proving me to be a prophet, Kirkie! :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
spmack wrote:
Mac wrote:

JOHN KIRK wrote:
Its Meatpants' fault! He sux!!!11!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I dont know I listen to about seven minutes of M & M while I get ready for work, and rarely have the pleasure of listening to Mulligan or Hanley...Did they do a lot of olympic stuff anyway?

Here's every 7 minutes segment of Mike:
-Mike & Mike is said a minimum of 37 times
-A fat joke about Golic
-A metrosexual joke about Greeny
-Yankees/Red Sox mention
-Tom Brady mention
-Notre Dama Mention
-17 more bad drops
-commerical

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 am 

Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Here's every 7 minutes segment of Mike:
-Mike & Mike is said a minimum of 37 times
-A fat joke about Golic
-A metrosexual joke about Greeny
-Yankees/Red Sox mention
-Tom Brady mention
-Notre Dama Mention
-17 more bad drops
-commerical

You left out the random shoutout to one of their producers/interns...and you left off FAVRE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
You know what's actually pretty funny is how the tides have changed when it comes to posts about Dan or Meatpants. It used to be that whenever something negative was posted about Dan or Meat the ALS (myself included) would jump in like trained seals to defend.

Now since people like myself and other fans just basically ignore those type of posts the trained seals have become the people who love to jump on every negative morsel - gloopy, SID, scorehead, hussra.

It's quite entertaining actually.

Now dance I say puppets - lol.

Nice catch Frank. :lol:

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
All I've ever posted about WSCR ratings is that they go DOWN after the White Sox season ends and, concomitantly, WMVP's rating go UP with the Bulls season starting.

Wouldn't these quarterly ratings include the hype over Buehrle's July perfect game, Beckham's July and August ROY talk, White Sox catching the Tigers for 1st (briefly) etc?

It makes sense that if people are tuning into White Sox baseball at night, when they get into the car or office or wherever in the AM, the radio is still tuned to that station.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
You know what's actually pretty funny is how the tides have changed when it comes to posts about Dan or Meatpants. It used to be that whenever something negative was posted about Dan or Meat the ALS (myself included) would jump in like trained seals to defend.

Now since people like myself and other fans just basically ignore those type of posts the trained seals have become the people who love to jump on every negative morsel - gloopy, SID, scorehead, hussra.

Actually, I believe that many of the Mac ALS'rs aren't licking Macs boots as they once did.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 am 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
concomitantly

"You think your smart because you know words"

Well played my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
Difficult to get past the stench of his partner, The Ditka of Suck, that emanates from Mac these days.

Last edited by NearWessSideHussra on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Scorehead wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Actually, I believe that many of the Mac ALS'rs aren't licking Macs boots as they once did.

You may have a point there Scorehead. I don't care for Meatpants as much as I have previous Mac partners but I also think the ALS have accepted the negatives for what they are and have pushed the button on the defending so to speak - I know I have. The show is what it is. Is it as good as S & W? Depends on your point of view. Do I think that Mac either solo or with a different partner would chase down and catch S & W? Yes, I do.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Congrats to Mully & Hanley. Its about time the local show beat the national show, even with all the advertising, promotion and ESPN bluster they have. It also seems to be a lot more than the Olympics or any of the other crap people are theorizing. Remember there are hundreds of thousands of listeners in the market and only a few hundred at most represented here. Those numbers are big and they mean a lot of people (men 25-54) are listening. They're probably not offended by the self-aggrandizement and noisy schtick that characterizes the other shows.

Those ALSers who are saying that M&H's ratings are due to Mac are way offbase. M&H are delivering a huge audience to Mac. He appears to be losing too many of those listeners. Nice of Mac to tip his hat to them. He still has work to do....maybe listening to M&H he can learn what people want to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 am 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
, White Sox catching the Tigers for 1st (briefly) .

The best 12 hours of the season. There was not much interest in the Sox all year and people turned off Olympic discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

The day is coming shortly where I will be able to refute this assholery against my guy Meat in the same way I used to do it to Murph bashers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

The day is coming shortly where I will be able to refute this assholery against my guy Meat in the same way I used to do it to Murph bashers.

Ineffectively?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:45 am 

I will say it once again because no one else seems to, Mitch Rosen deserves a lot of credit for the work he has done towards restoring the station to its former identity, quality and glory.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

says the bag that detests Mike and Mike and all things ESPN

Seriously thats a good point though, I forgot to account for the timing. But if it covers ALL of september than it was right in the Olympic wheelhouse

Seriously...you think the Olympics boosted Mully & Hanley?? Uh...there's another topic out there which may slightly affect ratings for a local show in the fall...you may have heard of "Da Bears". :roll: