All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/27 Danny Mac Show
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mac wrote:
...the Senn High School dropout...

Mike North wrote:
Ya know what? Watch yer mouth when yer talkin' about me on da radio, punk. I got an Illinois G.E.D. an a Ph.D in da streets an dat's a lot better den a high school diploma from Indiana or da Upper Peninsula of Kentucky or wherever da hell you came from. I'm not sayin', I'm jus' sayin'.

Post subject: Re: 10/27 Danny Mac Show
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:00 am 

The Senn high shool dropout that people think Mac is morphing into?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
what was this bad interview we are hearing about?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Had to be Mitch Williams. He sounded like he was higher than Ike South.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: MackeyLand Pie Shop
The Continuation game abortion today was a great example of why this show sucks such gigantic donkey balls on a daily basis. Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants on a midday sports talk show in a small market like Chicago. Professional. Horrible sign that you have to do a game, even worse when you have 17 producers and still can't be properly prepared for said game.

Low hanging fruit, Matthew? Perhaps you should have stopped saying that fucked out phrase so much and actually attempt to eat some fruit (instead of giant portions of lard and bacon).

Awful show, glad there is little to no talk about it here anymore. That's a sign, Daniel. Perhaps time to adjust your delivery and format. Or just bellyache about a one year contract. Doofus.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:
what was this bad interview we are hearing about?

It was the "Interview from Hell", Hatchetman. There was no transition, much to the disappointment of the Bob Rohrman Auto Group which sponsors the segment to begin with. "Boers & Bernstein" had John Madden and Vikings' OT Anthony Herrera on right out of the chute at 1:10p yesterday and there were issues from the getgo... :oops: :oops: There were patches of dead air and what sounded like phone issues throughout the interview with the two. After the interviews, they were so bad in real time, I thought it would be shipped to the broadcast museum and made me wonder...Was it worth scrapping transition for that crap?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
ShARK

What happened to Tera Williams on Fox News?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: bianchi's pizza "Ottawa Illinois"
SnarkyHater wrote:
The Continuation game abortion today was a great example of why this show sucks such gigantic donkey balls on a daily basis. Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants on a midday sports talk show in a small market like Chicago. Professional. Horrible sign that you have to do a game, even worse when you have 17 producers and still can't be properly prepared for said game.

Low hanging fruit, Matthew? Perhaps you should have stopped saying that fucked out phrase so much and actually attempt to eat some fruit (instead of giant portions of lard and bacon).

Awful show, glad there is little to no talk about it here anymore. That's a sign, Daniel. Perhaps time to adjust your delivery and format. Or just bellyache about a one year contract. Doofus.

Yaaa that was horrible because I got screwed in that game!!! I was Steve from Ottawa and was down to the final two people. I said Drew Gooden started an opening day and they said I was wrong. I know I was right because I had the freaking answers in front of me!!!!! I can honestly say I have never heard a radio contest where the people asking the questions did not even have the right answers. What a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:46 am 
Site Admin

gohawkeyes wrote:
Yaaa that was horrible because I got screwed in that game!!! I was Steve from Ottawa and was down to the final two people. I said Drew Gooden started an opening day and they said I was wrong. I know I was right because I had the freaking answers in front of me!!!!! I can honestly say I have never heard a radio contest where the people asking the questions did not even have the right answers. What a joke.

You've just touched on why radio contests are stupid in the internet age. It's no longer about what anyone knows. It's about who can look up the answer quicker. Meatpants is only a couple clicks away from knowing as much about Zoilo Versalles as I do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:38 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
ShARK

I'll answer that in just a second. By the way, after hearing the Daily Herald's Barry Rozner on with Hub Arkush pinch hitting for the vacationing LoHo in prime time, I think I'm starting to figure out why so many on this board refer to Rozner as Ryan Seacrest...Rozner talks very similar to the "E! News" anchor/managing editor, "American Idol" host and morning radio host of "On Air" on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles.

As for Tera Williams, she's currently on maternity leave, but is reportedly going to leave FOX32 next month to join her husband in Florida. Tera happens to be married to Mike Barz. Yes, the same Barz who was once a sports anchor on "WGN Morning News" and host of "Good Day Chicago" about 2 years ago. Mike was fired after acting like a fool on 2 occasions, including at a going away party for another ex-FOX32 reporter, Margaret Shortridge. I believe Barz is now an anchor at a station in Jacksonville...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SHARK wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
ShARK

I'll answer that in just a second. By the way, after hearing the Daily Herald's Barry Rozner on with Hub Arkush pinch hitting for the vacationing LoHo in prime time, I think I'm starting to figure out why so many on this board refer to Rozner as Ryan Seacrest...Rozner talks very similar to the "E! News" anchor/managing editor, "American Idol" host and morning radio host of "On Air" on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles.

As for Tera Williams, she's currently on maternity leave, but is reportedly going to leave FOX32 next month to join her husband in Florida. Tera happens to be married to Mike Barz. Yes, the same Barz who was once a sports anchor on "WGN Morning News" and host of "Good Day Chicago" about 2 years ago. Mike was fired after acting like a fool on 2 occasions, including at a going away party for another ex-FOX32 reporter, Margaret Shortridge. I believe Barz is now an anchor at a station in Jacksonville...

What is this "I believe" stuff??? You are the SHARK. You are supposed to KNOW!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:56 pm 

I don't have the exact info, but Barz does have another gig, but outside the Chicago market...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 pm 

You're right ... continuation got off to a bad start. It'll be better next time. It is critical for the advancement of Western Civilization that a sports trivia contest has no blemishes.