It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
If cbs does not give in to macneils demands he might have to become become part of north entertainment network since espn only other sports outlet and not an option.

Last edited by spadaesq1 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
spadaesq1 wrote:
If cbs does not give in to macneils demands he might become part of north entertainment network since espn only other sports outlet and not an option.

WEBIO!

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The only thing he needs to negotiate is the removal of one meatpants from his show.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
spadaesq1 wrote:
If cbs does not give in to macneils demands he might become part of north entertainment network since espn only other sports outlet and not an option.

Four words, David: Roe, Roeper, and Mac.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:06 pm 

There is not a chance that Mac doesn't end up on the radio somewhere on his next gig. He's not as dumb as North to go out on his own.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:07 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:

Four words, David: Roe, Roeper, and Mac.

Chet, North, and Mac

Wow

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Mac would probably be better on a not exclusively sports outlet.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
spadaesq1 wrote:
If cbs does not give in to macneils demands he might have to become become part of north entertainment network since espn only other sports outlet and not an option.

David, I hope this statement was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek, and not planted anywhere else. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac will end up working for Elmhurst Steve.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Mac would probably be better on a not exclusively sports outlet.

Given his love for plugging various consumer products, I think he would do very well on the Home Shopping Network.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Say what you want about Mac, but I've never found him to be stupid. He's been is the business 25 years, and he's been around a lot of talented people. He's learned what to do, and more importantly what not to do. He'll sign a deal, and make a nice living in the business. He doesn't need me to defend him, and I'm really not trying to. He may have his shortcomings, but brains isn't one of them. To compare him to North is foolish. He'll be alright, and I'm guessing the Spiegel partnership is over, but who knows?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:34 pm 

A7X wrote:
Say what you want about Mac, but I've never found him to be stupid. He's been is the business 25 years, and he's been around a lot of talented people. He's learned what to do, and more importantly what not to do. He'll sign a deal, and make a nice living in the business. He doesn't need me to defend him, and I'm really not trying to. He may have his shortcomings, but brains isn't one of them. To compare him to North is foolish. He'll be alright, and I'm guessing the Spiegel partnership is over, but who knows?

This guy and Brick are on it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
You could be right on the contract, because sometimes they come out of nowhere, yesterday they kept saying armpit cancer and today he's ill.

I could see ESPN ready to pay big bucks for Mac, since they are losing all the ratings battle, and it not official, but there is 1 guy not on the Saloon right now and who knows if he's ever coming back and that's Harry.

I will say Mac and Harry were one time friends and if it was those 2 on a show, was good radio, but Mac won't work with him now, so if ESPN wants him again, they could give him afternoons with Jurko and probably somebody else and move Harry or just let him go.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Dethklok wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac will end up working for Elmhurst Steve.

I asked nicely, and he showed me his old team photo:

:lol: :lol: POST OF THE YEAR material!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
A7X wrote:

Can I get specific examples of his perceived intelligence. I've been listening to Mac on and off since the Saloon days, and never once has he distinguished himself as 'smart'. If he's just smarter than Mike North, that's not saying much at all.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I hope he isn't asking for Mike North money.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm 

I cannot see any way in the world that Mac would return to ESPN.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
There is something fishy going on here...Armpit cancer? I've never heard of that. This has to be contract-related, considering Mac only signed a one-year extension at The SCORE.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
SHARK wrote:
Armpit cancer? I've never heard of that.

That is awesome, man!!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Someone please!!! Give me a concrete example of Mac being intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Someone please!!! Give me a concrete example of Mac being intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!

That just isn't possible! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 pm 

NSJ wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Armpit cancer? I've never heard of that.

That is awesome, man!!

That's what Spiegel was saying on Monday, I imagine he was joking, Mac was probably sick.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Jbi11s wrote:
If he's just smarter than Mike North, that's not saying much at all.

Mike North wrote:
Hey! Ya know what? Watch yer mout when yer talkin' about me, pal! I did pretty good fer a street kid. I made a buncha dough talkin' about nuttin' on da radio fer a lotta years. I own a beautiful home in Park Ridge and two gorgeous lots on Murphy's Lake. (Lemme know if yer innerested in dem.) Put it dis way. I don' sell hot dogs no more. How dya like dat, smart guy?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

reents wrote:
You could be right on the contract, because sometimes they come out of nowhere, yesterday they kept saying armpit cancer and today he's ill.

I could see ESPN ready to pay big bucks for Mac, since they are losing all the ratings battle, and it not official, but there is 1 guy not on the Saloon right now and who knows if he's ever coming back and that's Harry.

I will say Mac and Harry were one time friends and if it was those 2 on a show, was good radio, but Mac won't work with him now, so if ESPN wants him again, they could give him afternoons with Jurko and probably somebody else and move Harry or just let him go.

They fired his ass and they sure don't want him back.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:27 pm 

Mac's not going back to ESPN Radio...I think it's very safe to say after what happened a couple years ago, ESPN Radio's not about to pay him what he was supposed to earn had he stayed.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 pm 

The way Mac talks about the radio business, you never know what they will do, when Mac was at the Saloon with Jurko and Harry, they were ready to let Jurko go, and it was even said on the air, that Jurko was saying good bye to everybody.

Since ESPN is losing to the Score in ratings, I could see ESPN making a play, and they could offer him more money if they let Harry go, give him Harry's money and some extra.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:53 pm 

reents wrote:
The way Mac talks about the radio business, you never know what they will do, when Mac was at the Saloon with Jurko and Harry, they were ready to let Jurko go, and it was even said on the air, that Jurko was saying good bye to everybody.

Since ESPN is losing to the Score in ratings, I could see ESPN making a play, and they could offer him more money if they let Harry go, give him Harry's money and some extra.

Reents, I don't know what ESPN Radio bosses in Bristol, CT are waiting for. It seems as if Carmen DeFalco & John "Jurko" Jurkovic are doing just fine as a two-man afternoon show locally. I don't know how much longer Harry Teinowitz is supposed to remain in rehab following his DUI arrest, but make a decision already! It's not that hard to rename that show as simply "Carmen & Jurko." Make it happen!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SHARK wrote:
reents wrote:

Reents, I don't know what ESPN Radio bosses in Bristol, CT are waiting for. It seems as if Carmen DeFalco & John "Jurko" Jurkovic are doing just fine as a two-man afternoon show locally. I don't know how much longer Harry Teinowitz is supposed to remain in rehab following his DUI arrest, but make a decision already! It's not that hard to rename that show as simply "Carmen & Jurko." Make it happen!

Tiny's father's battery of lawyers might have an issue with this.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:57 pm 

Great!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Jbi11s wrote:

ARMPIT CANCER!

He discovered it!