It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MAC contest Man
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mac's team seems to be a lil too comfy sitting around telling each other how cool they are or how smart they are...and I think Mac knows it.

This is why Mac originated the "Tell us when the Cubs or Sox get 70 wins"...this is why he is pushing for the Cubs /Sox bets.

I know many of you think Mac is sitting back doing nothing and I do think he aspires to do that, but I also think he is looking for someone else to come up with something 'contest wise" for the show.

Post subject: Re: MAC contest Man
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Oh yeah, it becomes very circle jerky amongst the "boyquarium".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
I know many of you think Mac is sitting back doing nothing.

Definitely the understatement of the year. He does nothing, just plain lazy and no longer entertaining.
Just some lazy dick, who totally over-rates himself and abuses himself with drugs, booze and gambling. Pathetic creature.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
sid sometimes I think you are pretty funny here and other times...too rough. We've been over this before but don't you think you take it a bit too far every once in a while?

That said, I still don't listen. It's smarm. All smarm, all the time. I blame Lebron. Scorehead probably blames Speigel, he could be a little right.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The show had some decent moments last year but it has taken a massive nose dive recently. It is messed up when Lawrence contributes more and puts in more effort than the 2 hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
laurence drove me away..have not listened to mac/meat in weeks..mully drove me away from the morning show ..now it is all music until 1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
sid sometimes I think you are pretty funny here and other times...too rough. We've been over this before but don't you think you take it a bit too far every once in a while?

That said, I still don't listen. It's smarm. All smarm, all the time. I blame Lebron. Scorehead probably blames Speigel, he could be a little right.

Maybe a little over the top, but you must admit that Mac has turned out to be a huge disappointment.
His show is just plain lazy radio, he looks for sympathy with his whining and acts like
his limited existence is special. For years he dropped names of products either supplied to him or he bought so he could try to impress people. To me, he is a very shallow, self centered personality with multiple addiction problems.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SID and KS, I see your point. But look at the Cubs Sox bets, look at the 70 wins contest, the trip to NY, etc.

I am not going to tell you Mac is working hard, but if each guy on staff came up with 2 ideas each week, 1 or 2 might be good. Instead of the constant circle jerking the Score has turned into.

Jason has a show and wants to talk Bears...we don't need Larrys opinion. Just as an example. Larry is not a guest! It's just a guy you called, who you see 20 times a week!

Mac's minimal efforts seem to be more than others combined efforts.

Shep, as an example. loves to gamble...figure out a contest...figure out the prize, bring it to MAc and he will make Mitch do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
312player wrote:
..now it is all music until 1.

Yeah, more Mike McConnell for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Spaulding wrote:

Actually, I used to love Mac, but he has almost become unlistenable for me. Its no secret how I feel about Spiegel, I think he's awful & a bad fit for Mac, but Mac has become bad at radio. I enjoy the Score more when the regular hosts are out & the bench guys are in.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac has lost the fire and pashen. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
Maybe a little over the top, but you must admit that Mac has turned out to be a huge disappointment.
His show is just plain lazy radio, he looks for sympathy with his whining and acts like
his limited existence is special. For years he dropped names of products either supplied to him or he bought so he could try to impress people. To me, he is a very shallow, self centered personality with multiple addiction problems.

Way better. I think the show is bad and the 2 hosts bring out the worst in each other. I don't think he looks for sympathy, every day is more of a struggle. I don't see the shallowness at all. I don't know about addiction problems but do you hold everybody with addiction problems in such contempt?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
HOW DOES THEIR NYC TRIP NOT HAVE A SPONSOR??? The same with the Cubs/Sox promo

Seriously, I know radio is in tough times, but can they really not find any sponsors who want to reach the 25-54 Male? Are the Score sales guys that inept or is there a breakdown in communications between the content and the sales?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

Way better. I think the show is bad and the 2 hosts bring out the worst in each other. I don't think he looks for sympathy, every day is more of a struggle. I don't see the shallowness at all. I don't know about addiction problems but do you hold everybody with addiction problems in such contempt?

Just P-Mac. Come on, you know he is a very shallow and thin skinned individual.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm 

No. Shallow would mean lacking depth, or choosing friends mainly based on something other than personality. As far as I can tell he is or does neither. A majority of his friends seem to be high school people or long time friends before he started to do well. It's the opposite of what you are saying.

Not quite sure thin skinned is right either. He asked for advice and ideas from this board for a while. There were some criticisms he listened to. I'm going to guess most people wouldn't stick around a place too long if others consistently said they were just some lazy dick, who totally over-rates himself and abuses himself with drugs, booze and gambling. Pathetic creature, things that were said about his kids, or things like Gloop said.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Obviously, I totally disagree with you, but you state your position well.

I think we do agree that this show is a disaster.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:10 pm 

I admire your commitment (to your obviously wrong opinion), fire, and passion.

Yes, this show is very bad, imo, but I don't have an issue with either of the hosts, at least not on a personal level. You like B&B, I can't remember?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 pm 

SID, why such the personal hate for someone you don't even know? I find that just really odd, fine you don't like the show and there are different strokes for different folks. I just don't understand all of the personal hate from you and Gloop.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:15 pm 

He explained it in a really old thread. Probably 3 years ago or so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
As the voice of the Bulls up the dial, Chuck Swirsky, would say...
"There's vanilla and then there's chocolate..."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:16 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
He explained it in a really old thread. Probably 3 years ago or so.

I missed it, sorry for repeating it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 pm 

No, I meant it was kind of long and talked a little in circles and I don't remember enough to explain it well. Basically, he doesn't like him and for no good reason. At least not enough to warrant some of the things he says. Spmack might be able to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
SHARK wrote:
As the voice of the Bulls up the dial, Chuck Swirsky, would say...
"There's vanilla and then there's chocolate..."

Theres Jack Haley and then there's John Salley

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
No, I meant it was kind of long and talked a little in circles and I don't remember enough to explain it well. Basically, he doesn't like him and for no good reason. At least not enough to warrant some of the things he says. Spmack might be able to find it.

Got it, it is just remarkable to me that some of things that are typed about people that you don't know, but I should not be surprised it is the message board we type on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:29 pm 

WhiteAndProud wrote:
HOW DOES THEIR NYC TRIP NOT HAVE A SPONSOR??? The same with the Cubs/Sox promo

Seriously, I know radio is in tough times, but can they really not find any sponsors who want to reach the 25-54 Male? Are the Score sales guys that inept or is there a breakdown in communications between the content and the sales?

If you are serious about the NYC trip why would someone sponsor it? Is the thought of them doing the same show they would do from Chicago worth sponsoring? What insight will they have on a regular season game for a team in the gutter that they would not normally have? Why would anyone pay for them to go see a road game when I doubt they will have any guests or special things worth listenening to.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hawg Ass wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Got it, it is just remarkable to me that some of things that are typed about people that you don't know, but I should not be surprised it is the message board we type on.

Spot on. It's no wonder he doesn't post here anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
BuzzKillington wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Spot on. It's no wonder he doesn't post here anymore.

Yeah, it's too bad everyone here isn't slobbing all over his cock like they do on other social media outlets.

There is a difference between "slobbering all over his cock" and being (at least a little bit) respectful (i.e. not calling someone out, who you have never met, for being an addict) to one of the biggest personalities in Chicago sports media who actually posted on a board dedicated to Chicago sports media.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Maybe Gloopan amd SID have, in fact, met, known, work with, have worked with,know Danny Mac?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 pm 

Maybe Gloop and sid are, in fact, huge dicks themselves. I give Mac the benefit of the doubt that he does the best he can. He has issues and probably can be difficult, but it's not totally his fault.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Maybe Gloopan amd SID have, in fact, met, known, work with, have worked with,know Danny Mac?

To me if that is the case, it is even sadder. Why hide behind a moniker, say who you are and why you feel that way. I don't give a shit what anybody feels about him, if you do or don't like the show. But they seem to have a unhealthy level of hate.