It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
Yes, Some Guy, it is Ben Finfer. Likely going to be having him regularly when Spiegs isn't there.

Beardown: What did I tell you?

CSFMB: Oh no...son of a bitch was right.

Beardown: Yes. The son of a bitch was right. I said if Larry and Goff fuck with Mac enough, they'd eventually get the horns. Well, they just got the horns. Congrats to Finfer. It's a big honor and a big career step. He'll appreciate it more, Mac. I won't call this revenge. I'll call it justice.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Good, this means no more Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I'm all for him becoming the permanent co-host.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Does that also mean Finfer sits in for Mac when he isn't there? That'll be the case tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Phil's in Bridgeview
All hail FINFER! I'll be listening.

Quick question, if Larry subs for Dan or Terry is there a way to have him omitted from tranny? Could his start time be 1:28?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Phil's in Bridgeview
Keeping Score wrote:
FalconFreak wrote:
All hail FINFER! I'll be listening.

Quick question, if Larry subs for Dan or Terry is there a way to have him omitted from tranny? Could his start time be 1:28?

No tranny is complete without Laurence.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Interesting, if true. Not surprised....but, not for your reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:

If it's true? Man, you're funny. :lol: I quoted Mac to start this thread. I think he would be a pretty good source. :lol:

It had to happen. This is all coming off the heels of the "Mac vs. Goff" situation. There was tension with that on air spat. You could feel it. It was only gonna get worse until somebody got knifed. :wink: Now, I'm sure you're gonna tell me it's unrelated. :roll: Because we all know that if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably not a duck, right? :lol:

So what are the correct reasons, Doug?

I'm sure Finfer always thought it was weird that Bernstein's producer was called into sub. Finfer is around Goff's age and has been producing for just as long as Goff, right? So it would stand to reason that Finfer would have been Mac's go to guy all along. And it would be Berntein's responsibility to take care of Drinky and Goff if he cared. Which he doesn't.

I kind of know why it didn't happen right away. Goff and Drinky were the first guys off the bench before Mac arrived at the Score. So maybe Mac didn't want to come in right away and have his producer step over them. That wouldn't be good form. So Mac had Goff do his show for quite some time as a show of respect and good will. But now with Goff's constant "Da Ma Na" insults, it gave Mac the opening he was always looking for. Finfer in. Goff out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

If it's true? Man, you're funny. :lol: I quoted Mac to start this thread. I think he would be a pretty good source. :lol:

It had to happen. This is all coming off the heels of the "Mac vs. Goff" situation. There was tension with that on air spat. You could feel it. It was only gonna get worse until somebody got knifed. :wink: Now, I'm sure you're gonna tell me it's unrelated. :roll: Because we all know that if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably not a duck, right? :lol:

So what are the correct reasons, Doug?

I'm sure Finfer always thought it was weird that Bernstein's producer was called into sub. Finfer is around Goff's age and has been producing for just as long as Goff, right? So it would stand to reason that Finfer would have been Mac's go to guy all along. And it would be Berntein's responsibility to take care of Drinky and Goff if he cared. Which he doesn't.

I kind of know why it didn't happen right away. Goff and Drinky were the first guys off the bench before Mac arrived at the Score. So maybe Mac didn't want to come in right away and have his producer step over them. That wouldn't be good form. So Mac had Goff do his show for quite some time as a show of respect and good will. But now with Goff's constant "Da Ma Na" insults, it gave Mac the opening he was always looking for. Finfer in. Goff out.

Spot on, Beardown.

But let us never forget that I, SomeGuy, was the one who dug deep and broke the story.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 pm 

Beardown..I am sure you could add the faces and more words but it went like this....

Mac: Hey Mitch..I am going to bring North to sit in next week :)

Mitch: :lol: Uh NO!...and from now on..you got Finfer to fill in.

Mac: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Now it's Goff's move.

My advice to him: The move should be to cease fire and come out with your hands up.

I know that's against Goff's nature. He's been raised by B&B. He's probably loading up his guns as we speak. But maybe it's time to lose that B&B style and attitude. Cuz that style and attitude just got you knocked off the Danny Mac show. Like I've said before, B&B are made men. You're not. You can't get away with it. Mac just proved that.

Terry started "Da Ma Na" as good natured fun. Goff took it and made it a lethal weapon. Let's come up with Goff stuff, Goff. Stop taking B&B stuff. That includes the dumb Chicago accent voice to make fun of white people. That's Bernstein's thing. You and Larry shouldn't take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Who is the relevant idiot now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Who is the relevant idiot now?

Beardown

Nope. The guy is right on. It's almost as if he works there. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't even think Mac wanted to necessarily go to Finfer full time. I don't think that was his intention or plan. Maybe he would have eventually gone to an even split between Goff and Finfer. He'd have kept Goff if the "Da Ma Na" insults didn't get so out of control. If it hadn't led to that dust up on the air. I just think the tension between the two would have made for awkward radio and Mac realized it.

This just provided him a justified out to where he doesn't look like the bad guy. Now Goff has to point the thumb instead of the finger.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

If it was such good-natured ribbing, why didn't Jason own up to it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:41 pm 

What is it that you think got Mac angry @ goff? calling him DaManel?..Mac is not that sensitive and half the station calls him that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
What is it that you think got Mac angry @ goff? calling him DaManel?..Mac is not that sensitive and half the station calls him that.

You must have missed the sitdown they had in Studio 1.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm 

312player wrote:

Yeah, Mac being overly sensitive about this is pretty strange.

Mac is the guy who shotgunned a fellow employee while he was trying to do his job at Bears Camp, Mac is the guy who bad mouthed said employee while on the air and Mac is the same guy who talked shit to that same employee while he was trying to another report (i.e. his job) from Bears Camp.

If Replacement Host-gate is because Mac can't take a joke....well, he is a hypocrite wiener.

Looks like Mac is having mood swings that can sometimes be attributed to post-cycle hormone swings. Looks like ole' Macker ran out of Androgel and doesn't have any post-cycle therapy lined up!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

I thought Mac put up with it for a long time. I thought he took it well for a long time. This has been going on for how long? At least a year. Probably longer. It's gotten more intense and mean in recent months. Eventually, you just get sick of it. Eventually, you realize it's not good natured. That's what happened.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think he was completely flabbergasted and taken aback from the sudden on air confrontation. He was completely blindsided by it, and since in Jason's mind it was all in good fun, how was he supposed to answer?

"Yeah, I said it, man. Just goofin' around. It's what we do around here. If you don't like it PTFB. :lol: :lol: "

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac tried to take Goff under his wing. Sure, it smells like cigarette smoke under that wing. So what? You put up with the smell and treat the 20 year sports talkin' vet with some respect. Goff should have embraced the mentorship. Instead, he had to be the wise-cracking jack ass and the relationship was ruined. It could have opened some doors for Goff. Who knows? Sports radio is so damn crazy. There is no rhyme or reason why some people make and some don't. You should take advantage of vets who offer help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Mac is literally the savior of this station.

He's the only thing standing between a complete douchebag Bernstein takeover.

Yes!

What we have here is a stand-off of good against evil. The Gentiles -vs- Jews....I don't know what I'm talking about - to quote Boers - but yes, this is an important issue. Danny is the defender of the blue collar man; the Hillbilly, the farmer, the painter and the poet. Bernstein is just...Bernstein. His cabal is a vile group of mockers, haters, rappers, and Sicilians. No need to read The Stand. Just tune in between 9am and 6pm on the Score and you'll experience every dichotomy of life, played out right before your very ears. Who will win???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Keeping Score wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
312player wrote:

Yeah, Mac being overly sensitive about this is pretty strange.

Mac is the guy who shotgunned a fellow employee while he was trying to do his job at Bears Camp, Mac is the guy who bad mouthed said employee while on the air and Mac is the same guy who talked shit to that same employee while he was trying to another report (i.e. his job) from Bears Camp.

If Replacement Host-gate is because Mac can't take a joke....well, he is a hypocrite wiener.

Looks like Mac is having mood swings that can sometimes be attributed to post-cycle hormone swings. Looks like ole' Macker ran out of Androgel and doesn't have any post-cycle therapy lined up!

You're beginning to see the light.

How does ol' Mackeyfish continue to receive the lifetime pass from so many? My IQ has been lowered severely over the years from continued and rampant weed use, but if I remember even semi correctly......

Mac has been suspended twice from each station.
Dangerous has been fired once from each station.
The Fish just doesn't play nice with others whether it be management, peers or subordinates.
Can't do the tranny because he can't get along with Mully and Hanley.
Couldn't get along with Murph.
Loved North, hated North, loved Pappy, hated Pappy, and is back to fake loving the Papster.
Mackey can't get along with ZZ and is such a rude prick that the segments are now pre-recorded.
MackeyFish couldn't get along with not so Tiny.
The Man from Indiklana threw Hood under the bus. And now Goff and Holmes as well.
Couldn't work with Jiggs.
Hates Herb.
Wanted to fight Bernsie at the Super Bowl™ or wherever that was.
Will end up hating Spiegel.
Has an ORP% of .263. (On Radio Percentage)
Can't get along with the dude on the train who has dental problems beyond his control.
Can't get out of bed for less than $300k.
Can't show up to work the day after the Sox win the World Series.
Left so many holes in the walls at the old Score studios that he became know as Gloryhole Dan.
Hated the board, said it was dying when his forum wouldn't have even one thread for days on end.
Only came here to save face for the pounding he took from missing previously mentioned missed day of work after World Series clincher.
Cancelled the tailgate and blamed it on Spiegel.
Is sensitive to the origin of the Da Ma Na good natured ribbings, but has no problem doing 45 minutes of autism jokes radio.
Had his house painted by the biggest racist known to the CSFMB.

That's really all just nitpicking :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Movie lines that reflect what happened here. Go!!!!

Harrison Ford: Get off my plane!!!!

Agent Starling: That's the sort of thing that Miggs would say.
Hannibal Lecter: Not any more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
This is going to sound Glooponian, but maybe the guy that wanted to pick Mac's cohosts for him was on to something. Granted Harry wasn't the best choice by what ever pm that was but Mac's not really good at picking them on his own either. Call me unimpressed.

Will Laurence start throwing shoulders in the elevator at Finfer? Will Goff make little funnies about Finfer? Like sands through the hour glass, my friends.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:30 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
This is going to sound Glooponian, but maybe the guy that wanted to pick Mac's cohosts for him was on to something. Granted Harry wasn't the best choice by what ever pm that was but Mac's not really good at picking them on his own either. Call me unimpressed.

Will Laurence start throwing shoulders in the elevator at Finfer? Will Goff make little funnies about Finfer? Like sands through the hour glass, my friends.

That will be the tell.

If Goff and his crew, but esp. Goff, start to throw out little barbs and jabs here and there about his very subject....then we will know what is being talked about on this board is the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:32 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Movie lines that reflect what happened here. Go!!!!

Harrison Ford: Get off my plane!!!!

Agent Starling: That's the sort of thing that Miggs would say.
Hannibal Lecter: Not any more.

Go home and get your shinebox!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think he was completely flabbergasted and taken aback from the sudden on air confrontation. He was completely blindsided by it, and since in Jason's mind it was all in good fun, how was he supposed to answer?

He was "flabbergasted" because he is a little bitch who isn't afraid to take shots when his target isn't around, but suddenly cowers when he is confronted with his villainy.....hmmmm.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Taking notes from Laurence. I sense a....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Keeping Score wrote:
Simply put, there comes a time when if some guy basically can't get along with any guy then that guy is the problem.

That might be true if the other guys had a modicum of talent or half a clue. Except for Bernstein, they don't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next