It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
While Speigs was talking about this Cowboy Coward guy coming in to face Mac's Show and kind of gloating, Mac chimed (a few times) in with "Tomorrow is promised to no one". I see a Jurko in Mac's future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jimmypasta wrote:
While Speigs was talking about this Cowboy Coward guy coming in to face Mac's Show and kind of gloating, Mac chimed (a few times) in with "Tomorrow is promised to no one". I see a Jurko in Mac's future.

Let me put Beardowns pizza and viscera stained ill fitting tin foil hat for a moment and quote this from Macs response thread.
Mac wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater asks if I'd be open-minded to a change in
co-host(s). I like working with Spiegs, but I don't rule out anything.
Spiegel is strong where I'm weak -- hoops and national baseball. When
he's in a good mood, I have as much fun working with him as I have any of my
previous gang of bandits

Just as telling . Doesnt rule out anything, qualifies working with Candy with the "when he's in a good mood" line. Couple that with his praise for Finfer, in this reporters opinion he would like to see a Jurko Mac and Finfer show.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
jimmypasta wrote:

Not alone on a radio show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Spiegs followed up with "especially July and August" not being promised to anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
We can only hope that Spiegel will be replaced by Jurko. I knew Meatpants was a lousy choice as Macs partner, but he has become worse & more Douchey.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:14 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
We can only hope that Spiegel will be replaced by Jurko. I knew Meatpants was a lousy choice as Macs partner, but he has become worse & more Douchey.

If this is your prediction, then I am going to say that Spiegal gets a 10-year contract.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

If this is your prediction, then I am going to say that Spiegal gets a 10-year contract.

Not a prediction, but a wish. Spiegel sucks. I would like to see him replaced by Jurko, & it sounds like many others would too.
If you like him, that's fine.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Not a prediction, but a wish. Spiegel sucks. I would live to see him replaced by Jurko, & it sounds like many others would too.
If you like him, that's fine.

I think he's awful, but I'm not a fan of Mac either.

Your predictions are just usually wrong, so that's why I made a prediction of my own.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am 

I'm tired of hearing about his son Ruben (sp)... That being said, Jurko brings nothing to the table either. He sounds like the d-bag from the Rosen car commercial to me.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
the ghost of t-dub wrote:
Jurko brings nothing to the table either. He sounds like the d-bag from the Rosen car commercial to me.

Bad/wrong opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 am 
1000 CLUB

Jurko brings nothing to the table either. He sounds like the d-bag from the Rosen car commercial to me.

This is just wrong.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
I feel as majority of this board is in the MAC army...i don't hate or love him, more "meh".....I do like Jurko though, he's a funny cat....Spiegs isn't bad, but no way he survives the addition of a Jurko to that show specifically, it'd tinowitz the hell out of him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 pm 

Am I wrong in using the word ironic in saying his choice of baby names is ironic?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:01 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Am I wrong in using the word ironic in saying his choice of baby names is ironic?

Yes, because he literally named him after the sandwich.

Seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yes, because he literally named him after the sandwich.

Seriously.

:lol:

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm tired of hearing about his son Ruben .

Thats been wearing on me too. Too much talk about the kid. It strikes me as odd that Spiegal took time off while the show is in Arizona where Baseball's spring training is taking place. He promotes himself as this big Baseball guy, yet chooses NOT to go to spring training where some good stories might be unearthed. He says he wanted to take time off to be with Reuben, yet spending time with Reuben is not an issue when considering whether to take a trip to Ireland on Jamesons dime and go drink copius amounts of whiskey. Comes off as phoney. I thought Spiegal was pretty weak when he first started with Mac. He deferred to Danny and was afraid to challenge him too often.Then, he got stronger and I thought he improved significantly as Mac's second. But now, it's the opposite. he tries much too often to show how he's more enlightened and evolved and therefore superior and it grates on me. It's the Danny Mac show, whether the name of the show was changed or not and he should never forget it. I have yet to talk to anyone that tunes into the show for Matt Spiegal. They tune in to listen to Mac, because he's the best sports talker in Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I was listening to most of the show yesterday and I noticed a few things.

1. Listening to the radio and not the stream is infinitely better. The stream commercials with flo every 5 fucking seconds are as awful as awful can be. The radio commercials weren't that awful and i didn't have to ptfb every time they came on.

2. There was good energy to the show. No condescending smarm....just genuine excitement and positive sports energy.

3. They were interviewing Len and were able to discuss GG Allen and have it not be the most disgusting conversation of the day......that award went to them discussing the candyman shitting himself or damn near shitting himself again the other day.

4. Candyman called in and seemed at ease and was enjoying himself enough to call the guys up and chat for a minute. He seemed a lot different when he was on the air because he wanted to be and not because he had to be. His future should be as a fill in and a baseball "expert??"

Mac, Jurko and Finfer will be a fine after noon drive show come August.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:16 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I was listening to most of the show yesterday and I noticed a few things.

Thats full of win right there.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:18 am 

cluv8484 wrote:
I feel as majority of this board is in the MAC army...i don't hate or love him, more "meh".....I do like Jurko though, he's a funny cat....Spiegs isn't bad, but no way he survives the addition of a Jurko to that show specifically, it'd tinowitz the hell out of him

I've been very "meh" on the Mackeyfish and his show since he returned to the Score. Most of it is Spiegel's huckster Sav Macauley gameshow host voice that oozes smarm and his prison bitch personality. But I also think Mac is just mailing it in. He's not at the Boers level of not giving a shit but he's slowly working his way there. I've said it before. He has no reason to go balls out at his job now. He re-established himself in Chicago at 1000 with MJH. Now he's comfortable and has no competition that he has to prove he is better than.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gaseous issues no doubt creaping up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
At first glance, I can't imagine Jurk and Mac talking national baseball and NBA (successfully). Then again, somehow it wasn't an issue when they had Harry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:14 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm tired of hearing about his son Ruben .

Thats been wearing on me too. Too much talk about the kid. It strikes me as odd that Spiegal took time off while the show is in Arizona where Baseball's spring training is taking place. He promotes himself as this big Baseball guy, yet chooses NOT to go to spring training where some good stories might be unearthed. He says he wanted to take time off to be with Reuben, yet spending time with Reuben is not an issue when considering whether to take a trip to Ireland on Jamesons dime and go drink copius amounts of whiskey. Comes off as phoney. I thought Spiegal was pretty weak when he first started with Mac. He deferred to Danny and was afraid to challenge him too often.Then, he got stronger and I thought he improved significantly as Mac's second. But now, it's the opposite. he tries much too often to show how he's more enlightened and evolved and therefore superior and it grates on me. It's the Danny Mac show, whether the name of the show was changed or not and he should never forget it. I have yet to talk to anyone that tunes into the show for Matt Spiegal. They tune in to listen to Mac, because he's the best sports talker in Chicago.

He has always been a little disingenuous about hanging around with his kid. A newborn is like hanging around with a rock. They are awake for a little while at a time and really are just awake to eat or get a diaper change. Your presence is irrelevant beyond those two chores yet he acted like there was causing psychological scarring with every minute he was not around his child.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
He has always been a little disingenuous about hanging around with his kid. A newborn is like hanging around with a rock. They are awake for a little while at a time and really are just awake to eat or get a diaper change. Your presence is irrelevant beyond those two chores yet he acted like there was causing psychological scarring with every minute he was not around his child.

:lol: They're precious. Cherish those diaper changes.

Seems more like the ol' "I've got a wife and newborn at home, it's like a war-zone when I come home, and I'm in some shit if I'm out of town too much"-type decision. So, he probably had to choose one trip over the other and went with the sponsor trip.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Zizou wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

I've been very "meh" on the Mackeyfish and his show since he returned to the Score. Most of it is Spiegel's huckster Sav Macauley gameshow host voice that oozes smarm and his prison bitch personality. But I also think Mac is just mailing it in. He's not at the Boers level of not giving a shit but he's slowly working his way there. I've said it before. He has no reason to go balls out at his job now. He re-established himself in Chicago at 1000 with MJH. Now he's comfortable and has no competition that he has to prove he is better than.

+1.

Funny, though, how Speigs backs away from using that voice when Mac's not there, or when he did H&R with Seacrest - when he's with Mac, it's almost like he's trying to hard to be "smartass clever", instead of being The Sidekick.

I have actually been listening to the show more as of late, and enjoy it for the most part, but if Mac replaced Speigs with Jurko (or Finfer, or CDF), I wouldn't shed a tear.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
personally, i was hoping that mac's "veiled" hint at speagol was him being in an actual veil as the bride in the most holy of chicago sports talk radio weddings since telander and hood. good god that was a love for the ages!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm 

That would be awesome. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I hope Finfer gets a regular slot next to Mac.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
kinda seeing Mac Spiegs and Jurko happening. Which is fine actually. Jurko is great but really short on sports expertise. A perfect fun buffer between Mac and Spiegs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Keeping Score wrote:
pittmike wrote:
kinda seeing Mac Spiegs and Jurko happening. Which is fine actually. Jurko is great but really short on sports expertise. A perfect fun buffer between Mac and Spiegs.

Mac is gonna have a big decision to make I think.

He will have a large weight on his shoulders until he makes that decision.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Oddly, I recall Jurko fading out during the MJH years. His popping up and being a newly re-energized voice should not be a given.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Keeping Score wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Mac is gonna have a big decision to make I think.

He will have a large weight on his shoulders until he makes that decision.

Whatever he decides, it's gonna have an enormous impact going forward.

Speigs weight is significant.