It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hello, fellas!

Mac is in, not sure about Meat but he is never able to show up for his full-time job much so I will take a guess that someone else will be riding shotgun.

Things on tap:

-Urlacher talk. Lots of it. Good, bad and hatin'
-If Meat is in there will be plenty of "Show Pot" bitching and whining.
-White Sox spring training?
-Maybe an interview
-Kendall Gill vs Whoever on CSN.
-Derrick Rose?

I dunno, listen or don't!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I am hoping they lose the show pot, they are clueless. If you want to turn a profit you cherry pick 1-2 games a month n play heavy, nickel @ least.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
312player wrote:
I am hoping they lose the show pot, they are clueless. If you want to turn a profit you cherry pick 1-2 games a month n play heavy, nickel @ least.

:lol:

No, that's very wrong. Bankroll management is probably the most important thing when sports gambling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
312player wrote:

While I do not want them to lose the show pot, I agree with you about their betting. If you learn anything about betting over the years, it's that the more wagers you make, the more likely you are to give back whatever you may win. Better to make stronger plays on fewer games in my opinion. Mac is best with NFL games or even colloge football. Best to wager on what you know best. This betting on college basketball, when none of the guys really know the teams....bad idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
312player wrote:

While I do not want them to lose the show pot, I agree with you about their betting. If you learn anything about betting over the years, it's that the more wagers you make, the more likely you are to give back whatever you may win. Better to make stronger plays on fewer games in my opinion. Mac is best with NFL games or even colloge football. Best to wager on what you know best. This betting on college basketball, when none of the guys really know the teams....bad idea.

Kirkwood has it right. The bets should be dictated by the value available. Whether there are many or none at all is dependent solely upon the lines.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:16 am 
Meat already said he's off for the next week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 am 

Baby McNown wrote:

Are you kiddin' me?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:23 am 

Kirkwood is not right, "manage bankroll" ? How so ... only managing to lose it slowly by betting on so many games.

You think if your goal is to win say 2k in 5 weeks .. you are more likely to go 22-4 or 2-0? I used to bet like these guys when I was much younger and wanted some interest in a game, it don't work in the long run.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:
312player wrote:

No, that's very wrong. Bankroll management is probably the most important thing when sports gambling.

:lol: I laughed when I read that too. He sounds like Spiegs. Put it all on Ohio St!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
312player wrote:

Kirkwood has it right. The bets should be dictated by the value available. Whether there are many or none at all is dependent solely upon the lines.

I agree with reguards to betting according to value. But I would look for value on games I feel I have the best handle on and make stronger plays, rather than making lots of small plays.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 am 

Spiegs is a moron, Mac should do all the picking.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 am 
SomeGuy wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Are you kiddin' me?

Vacation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 am 

312player wrote:

Mac would agree with Kirkwood in this thread. Spiegs would agree with you. This has been discussed at length on the show for weeks, if not months already.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
312player wrote:
Kirkwood is not right, "manage bankroll" ? How so ... only managing to lose it slowly by betting on so many games.

You think if your goal is to win say 2k in 5 weeks .. you are more likely to go 22-4 or 2-0? I used to bet like these guys when I was much younger and wanted some interest in a game, it don't work in the long run.

You clearly don't know the first fucking thing about managing a gambling bankroll. I have no intention of teaching you either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 am 

That's because its Macs $ ...if meat put his $ up he would be betting 25$ a game too.
Mac wants to lose it very slow, it helps eat up hours upon hours of show time over time. Mac does not give a shit about 1k or whatever he put up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 am 

:lol: :lol:

You really couldn't be more wrong about this. It's great stuff. Keep going please

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

You clearly don't know the first fucking thing about managing a gambling bankroll. I have no intention of teaching you either.

PM it to me, becuase I'm a gambling novice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 am 

312player wrote:

1. I agree Spiegs is worse than Mac.

2. Mac admits he doesn't care for basketball. Only casually follows the Bulls. So that's a guy I want picking NCAA!

3. Mac has admitted he betted for 20+ years and has had like 2-3 "in-the-black" seasons. So that's a guy I want building showpot!

4. OMG, Spiegs is the worst with this perspective. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 am 

Joe, I been managing my bankroll gambling on the plus side for three straight seasons.

Joe, I been managing my bankroll gambling on the plus side for three straight seasons.

Getting back to the initial premise....Mac has to be happy that the Bears moved on from Urlacher. Between the 2 surgeries on his knee last off-season, the bad back and the hamstring, the wear and tear on a guy soon to be 35 was definitely showing. It was a wise decision to move on without #54, but one that took some guts, given the love & respect the team had for their Captain.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 am 

Kwood, u know why Mac has 3 winning seasons over 20?

Because he is betting on 3-5 NFL games a week. If he would bet one a week or even 2 a month his luck would change.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 am 

312player wrote:

Because he is betting on 3-5 NFL games a week. If he would bet one a week or even 2 a month his luck would change.

Always want to diversify your investments.

Its why Warren Buffet buys small companies instead of just accruing Apple stock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Well, what's Mr. Mac's "take" on the #54 situation?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am 

312player wrote:

I would bet it is more because he finds the need to bet at 12, 3 and 7 on Sundays as well as Thursday and Monday. I would also bet that the 3 and 7 games were bet heavier even if he had less confidence in them than the 12 games.

I lose because I get to some point in the weekend and go LEEEEROOOY JEEEENKINS on a bet after building up some profit and get my ass handed to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: LouMal
They really have no clue. Maybe they will get lucky and win or tread water for a period of time but it likely won't last.
They get the worst of the line almost every time and if you play the "grind it out style" that will eventually eat you alive at the book they play at.
Mac saying " the Hawks were only -110"
When they bet the Hawks they could have had them as high as +105 at other books.
That's a huge difference.
They are not even close to being skilled enough to overcome that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:45 am 

Buster wrote:
They really have no clue. Maybe they will get lucky and win or tread water for a period of time but it likely won't last.
They get the worst of the line almost every time and if you play the "grind it out style" that will eventually eat you alive at the book they play at.
When they bet the Hawks they could have had them as high as +105 at other books.

This makes sense.

If Mac knew anything about gambling he could have retired by now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:52 am 

Buster wrote:

True that. They love betting the chalk. Bovada always has favorites inflated than other offshores.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hub sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The SCORE's Senior NFL Analyst, Pro Football Weekly/Dial Global Radio's Hub Arkush, is on the show now talking about Brian Urlacher's end with the Bears. Hub thinks Brian has a valid beef regarding that "insulting" offer the Bears supposedly gave.

By the way, Urlacher will be on "The Dan Patrick Show" tomorrow morning to discuss his controversial end with the Bears and where he goes from here. In my opinion, once he finds other teams aren't interested in #54, I think Urlacher's next stop is in Los Angeles with his good buddy Jay Glazer on "FOX NFL Sunday". I think TV is in Brian's future.