It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miggy
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
To this day, whenever Miguel Cabrera comes up, I hear Mac saying "Miguel Cabrera is going to eat himself out of the league." The promo version of him saying it too, where there is like, echo and stuff intended to make it a more powerful statement.

Post subject: Re: Miggy
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
Cabrera must've changed his pre-game routine. The 1st inning used to be his 2nd lowest batting average (after the 9th inning), around .300. He's hitting around .450 so far this season in the 1st inning. He keeps that up and he might have a legit shot at .400. Maybe he switched up from Buchanan 18 year to another brand of scotch.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
now he injects himself 60 minutes earlier.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

That's what they have his fellow Venezuelan Victor Martinez for (who isn't hitting any better (.581) than his free agent classmate Adam Dunn (.661)). Before that it was Maglio Ordonez's job.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Cabrera must've changed his pre-game routine. The 1st inning used to be his 2nd lowest batting average (after the 9th inning), around .300. He's hitting around .450 so far this season in the 1st inning. He keeps that up and he might have a legit shot at .400. Maybe he switched up from Buchanan 18 year to another brand of scotch.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hatchetman wrote:

He was hitting oppo HR's as a much much skinnier 19 year old.

Best pure hitter ever seen. Yes, better than Frank, Bonds, Pujols. These guys are great hitters and they had power, but the pure ability to a ball all over the right field fence, from wherever it was pitched (Outside, high,, etc) awfully impressive.

While my #2 guy has ?'s all over him and he is a little shy of the power #'s the others put up, but Ryan Braun also intentionally drives the ball for RF homeruns. (Yes, I am aware of the needle)

The guy averages 37 HR and 118 RBI in his 5 full seasons, with a .313 BA. Numbers right below Thomas and Pujols. Thomas and Pujols pulled the ball and really just crushed the ball.

Even if Braun is on Roids, he is 6 ft, 205 pounds. Not the first 6 ft 200 # guy to be on roids, yet have never seen any of the other 100's of players ever hit like Braun does, his technique is what is so impressive.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
In the early to mid 90s, Big Frank hit HRs to right field pretty regularly, but don't let facts get in the way.

Miggy is certainly on his way to being one of the best hitters to ever play the game, weight not withstanding.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think recollection is fading. Thomas hit a ton to the opposite field. He was classic Hriniak/Lau.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:55 am 

bigfan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Best pure hitter ever seen. Yes, better than Frank, Bonds, Pujols. These guys are great hitters and they had power, but the pure ability to a ball all over the right field fence, from wherever it was pitched (Outside, high,, etc) awfully impressive.

While my #2 guy has ?'s all over him and he is a little shy of the power #'s the others put up, but Ryan Braun also intentionally drives the ball for RF homeruns. (Yes, I am aware of the needle)

The guy averages 37 HR and 118 RBI in his 5 full seasons, with a .313 BA. Numbers right below Thomas and Pujols. Thomas and Pujols pulled the ball and really just crushed the ball.

Even if Braun is on Roids, he is 6 ft, 205 pounds. Not the first 6 ft 200 # guy to be on roids, yet have never seen any of the other 100's of players ever hit like Braun does, his technique is what is so impressive.

I know why you really like Braun.

You have to put Manny Ramirez into any discussion of greatest hitters in out time. In fact, I'd put he and Cabrerra 1-2.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I don't understand the ped accusation on Cabrera, he is 6'4" 260 lbs n likes to drink not workout. Great hitter n I still laugh when I think about Mac sounding like a moron when he signed with Detroit.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
so fat guys can't take PEDS? I guess all the NFL O-linemen are clean then.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 am 

bigfan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

"I got a guy" who has heard there may be some Braun news as early as this week. Apparently MLB is going after him hard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

"I got a guy" who has heard there may be some Braun news as early as this week. Apparently MLB is going after him hard.

My guy!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 pm 

Miguel Cabrera and wife at Game 7 Monday night:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
In the early to mid 90s, Big Frank hit HRs to right field pretty regularly, but don't let facts get in the way.

Miggy is certainly on his way to being one of the best hitters to ever play the game, weight not withstanding.

Thanks for sticking up for the Big Hurt. Manny and Cabrera are incredible. I admit I'm biased, but Frank was the best I've seen!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:38 am 

Frank was outstanding, Cabrera better. Manny ain't even in the conversation ..huge cheater life long phony.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:43 am 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:

As a man who has devoted his life to searching for an alcoholic beverage that does not introduce itself to you on one's breath, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this ad is false advertisement. And a scotch claiming this no less. Pppshaw!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 am 

312player wrote:
Frank was outstanding, Cabrera better. Manny ain't even in the conversation ..huge cheater life long phony.

We dont know who among them was cheating for sure.

But without drugs, Manny is absolutely right there.

Manny
Cabrera
Pujols
Frank

Best right handed hitters of that generation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:50 am 

I don't include known cheats, Manny and aroid are known cheats.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Dallas Winston wrote:
Chus wrote:

As a man who has devoted his life to searching for an alcoholic beverage that does not introduce itself to you on one's breath, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this ad is false advertisement. And a scotch claiming this no less. Pppshaw!

Of course it is. It's the scotch referenced in Seinfeld.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Chus wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Chus wrote:

Of course it is. It's the scotch referenced in Seinfeld.

http://youtu.be/pgXAt_gstcs