It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Elmhurst Steve is a friend.....this should bring out the love from Candyman haters.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
"Sporting News was a place that was hemorrhaging money from the moment I got there until the moment I left. "

Interesting...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
City of Fools wrote:
"Sporting News was a place that was hemorrhaging money from the moment I got there until the moment I left. "

Interesting...

The radio network or the onetime "Sports Bible" as Coppock used to refer to the Sporting News?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I’m such a lucky man, to get to sing and make music at such a high level

Dude, you're in a goddamn cover band.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Interesting...

The radio network or the onetime "Sports Bible" as Coppock used to refer to the Sporting News?

Obviously the radio network, since we know Spiegel worked there and not the magazine. Oh, and it says so in the interview.

But yeah, I really don't think Spiegel is a bad guy or a bad host. Maybe just misunderstood. I think he seems like a decent guy. I know I'm like one of the last Spiegel supporters on the board.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Interesting...

Obviously the radio network, since we know Spiegel worked there and not the magazine. Oh, and it says so in the interview.

But yeah, I really don't think Spiegel is a bad guy or a bad host. Maybe just misunderstood. I think he seems like a decent guy. I know I'm like one of the last Spiegel supporters on the board.

I'm still there with you, CH, but I have one foot out the door.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
uofiguy wrote:
I’m such a lucky man, to get to sing and make music at such a high level

Dude, you're in a goddamn cover band.

TRIBUTE BAND. TRI-BUTE.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:50 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Interesting...

He's not a terrible host, but he comes off as total dickhead.

I wanna like my radio hosts. That's why guys like Mac and Terry still have fans, because they're likeable.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Interesting...

He's not a terrible host, but he comes off as total dickhead.

Thats it in a nutshell.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Whoever commented on his lack of self awareness (Kirkwood?) was spot on.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
redskingreg wrote:

Yup. He's very good at radio, has pretty interesting thoughts and watches damn near every game. But not a likeable guy.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:17 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Yup. He's very good at radio, has pretty interesting thoughts and watches damn near every game. But not a likeable guy.

I personally wouldnt go THAT far

He watches games and has thoughts, occasionally he stumbles into an interesting one.

He's basically an Assholish version of Silvy without the interview skills.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 pm 

I like Matt for the record. I was just piling on today.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:45 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Interesting...

I'm the original Spiegal fan. I still think most of the detractors overstate things here. I also understand that is what we do here.

I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry. However, it also results in everything in his life being a drama. He didn't get criticism...IT WAS OMNIPRESENT CRITICISM. He doesn't cover other people's music for fun...HE CREATES ELEGANT TRIBUTES. The tennis club kid comes through on some of the things he takes for granted in his life.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:

Probably better than having him pile on you though.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 pm 

Very good at radio? Has the show suffered at all when he hasn't been in? I don't think he did any better than Goff or any of the other people who fill in.

He's not bad at radio, and probably deserves to be somewhere talking on the radio.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry.
...says the guy who admittedly almost never actually hears his show, and makes no real attempt to listen to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Probably better than having him pile on you though.

Small or large, I would prefer men not pile on me.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry.
...says the guy who admittedly almost never actually hears his show, and makes no real attempt to listen to it.

I listen to the show pretty much daily, and I would agree with that assessment. He does come across as a guy who has a tremendous sense of entitlement. He can also be a douchebag at times. I'm guessing that, and his incredible over sensitivity stems from somewhere within. He strikes me as a guy who has a great life, but also has some underlying issues of inferiority.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Curious Hair wrote:

No, I like the guy, too. But its a little like "flavor of the month." Not too long ago, Drinky was pushed for any/all slots, regardless of who needed to be fired to make that happen. Then Goff. On the haters side, you have Mully, (maybe Hanley too,) Murph, Spiegel, Terry...

It's hard to argue with haters.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I listen to the show pretty much daily, and I would agree with that assessment. He does come across as a guy who has a tremendous sense of entitlement. He can also be a douchebag at times. I'm guessing that, and his incredible over sensitivity stems from somewhere within. He strikes me as a guy who has a great life, but also has some underlying issues of inferiority.
If it looks like a dick, quacks like a dick, and walks like a dick, it's a dick.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
rogers park bryan wrote:
He's basically an Assholish version of Silvy without the interview skills.

you mean Waddle?

good dolphin wrote:
However, it also results in everything in his life being a drama. He didn't get criticism...IT WAS OMNIPRESENT CRITICISM. He doesn't cover other people's music for fun...HE CREATES ELEGANT TRIBUTES.

It's not about content b/c they all talk plenty about themselves. It's about the presentation.

...interesting.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm 

Tennis club kid?

Speegs parents had money?

That fits

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Candyman....the high school years.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 pm 

Oh yeah? Where are they hosing him down?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Tennis club kid?

That fits

Yes, didn't you know his family were the inspiration for the novel Infinite Jest?

I do agree with what you said earlier. He isn't bad at radio. He's just unlikeable. Like Larry in a way. Holmes can do a radio show. But who could possibly want to sit down and have a conversation with him? Now, that I ponder the notion, there aren't many people on the Score I would like to sit down with. Boers for sure. Maybe Les. Mac possibly but he's really lost his fastball since pairing with Meatpants. The old HFC Mac or the MJH Mac of 2001-04 for sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:55 pm 

Zizou wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tennis club kid?

That fits

Yes, didn't you know his family were the inspiration for the novel Infinite Jest?

I do agree with what you said earlier. He isn't bad at radio. He's just unlikeable. Like Larry in a way. Holmes can do a radio show. But who could possibly want to sit down and have a conversation with him? Now, that I ponder the notion, there aren't many people on the Score I would like to sit down with. Boers for sure. Maybe Les. Mac possibly but he's really lost his fastball since pairing with Meatpants. The old HFC Mac or the MJH Mac of 2001-04 for sure.

I love Artie

Drinky mac Boers would be cool

Mulligan and Hanley maybe

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry. However, it also results in everything in his life being a drama. He didn't get criticism...IT WAS OMNIPRESENT CRITICISM. He doesn't cover other people's music for fun...HE CREATES ELEGANT TRIBUTES. The tennis club kid comes through on some of the things he takes for granted in his life.

I cannot believe this is the guy you stick up for. Check this video out at the 4:00 minute mark and on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJ0dKdJ5LQ

There is nothing genuine about him. He is in no way a guy's guy. He's so deep, and he grandstands with it. He is touchy, sensitive, sacchrine, and smarmy. He seems to have the impression that everything he does is special and ground breaking. He's like a one year old that claps for himself when they put a ball in the shape sorter for the 80th time that day and I'm suppose to have the same enthusiam he does.

He is a constant show of fluff while trying to come off as witty and intelligent. As if he has it all figured out and we are meandering idiots way beneath him. He's the guy that comes in first in the pine wood derby every year because he spends 6 hrs a day for a week putting graphite on the wheels and then won't tell you the secret.

Worst part is that he seems to have rubbed off on mcneil. If he didn't say he had a dog I'd have bet dollars to paczkis that he had at least 10 cats, and a threesome with 2 guys.

He really is a less likeable version of Harry. I don't give a shit what you say, they have the same amount of talent. You like those early score days and I don't know if you look at him fondly because of that or what?

Oh don't shit on his joy! There is no joy to be had with this guy, he's serious and deep!

Maybe bigfan can chime in and then again maybe not but you got to be kidding me! He's tiring to listen to.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Just for the record you had to ask.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next