It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Dear God! Blackhawks game 7 is on TONIGHT! Mac will dominate early with NHL talk, Meat will pepper in discussion of screwing over producers looking for airtime, why he would do it again and Heat/Pacers talk. I guess he would try to talk about the possible Heat v Spurs match-up for the Finals but the last time Mac watched any NBA playoff games was probably during the early 90's and only when he was sober enough to operate a remote....according to Mac that wasn't often.

-HAWK TALK. Big Chief Bandwagon is back on his mighty steed, through the dust clouds and barren wastes, galloping hard on the plains.
-Greater NHL talk.
-BP Cup? They will do just enough to keep Mitch off their backs.
-NBA talk? There is something called the playoffs going on, right? Maybe Meat will get thrown a ham bone on this one....maybe.
-More interviews about tonight's Blackhawks v Red Wings game 7 match-up
-Anything else? I don't know, do I care? I don't know.

Win or lose does Mac make it to work tomorrow? Does Meat ever have a full work week this summer?

I Blackhawks loss means a long winter for Chicago sports radio....you will be begging for the Blackhawks.

I took it all for granted
But how was I to know
That you'd be letting go

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I had the HeatPacers game on one tv, the Kings/Sharks on another, and the Met/Yanks on the third in the man cave. As a big fan of the four major sports, I feel that hockey is the most exciting. I still love baseball the most, but in terms of excitement, I think hockey flows the best. My point- go ahead and talk hockey.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 am 

denisdman wrote:
I had the HeatPacers game on one tv, the Kings/Sharks on another, and the Met/Yanks on the third in the man cave. As a big fan of the four major sports, I feel that hockey is the most exciting. I still love baseball the most, but in terms of excitement, I think hockey flows the best. My point- go ahead and talk hockey.

I'm cool with it, denisdman, no doubt about that. The hometown team is on the brink of a 2nd Stanley Cup Finals appearance in 3 or so years and that's a big deal. Fuck the haters. Plus it's a think sports stew out there, not much going on to speak of.

I'm expecting an OK show today.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:23 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Murdered in cold blood....

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think Spiegal comes off as a dick. I think he is just entitled in a Harry kind of way. He makes up for it by being far more talented than Harry. However, it also results in everything in his life being a drama. He didn't get criticism...IT WAS OMNIPRESENT CRITICISM. He doesn't cover other people's music for fun...HE CREATES ELEGANT TRIBUTES. The tennis club kid comes through on some of the things he takes for granted in his life.

I cannot believe this is the guy you stick up for. Check this video out at the 4:00 minute mark and on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJ0dKdJ5LQ

There is nothing genuine about him. He is in no way a guy's guy. He's so deep, and he grandstands with it. He is touchy, sensitive, sacchrine, and smarmy. He seems to have the impression that everything he does is special and ground breaking. He's like a one year old that claps for himself when they put a ball in the shape sorter for the 80th time that day and I'm suppose to have the same enthusiam he does.

He is a constant show of fluff while trying to come off as witty and intelligent. As if he has it all figured out and we are meandering idiots way beneath him. He's the guy that comes in first in the pine wood derby every year because he spends 6 hrs a day for a week putting graphite on the wheels and then won't tell you the secret.

Worst part is that he seems to have rubbed off on mcneil. If he didn't say he had a dog I'd have bet dollars to paczkis that he had at least 10 cats, and a threesome with 2 guys.

He really is a less likeable version of Harry. I don't give a shit what you say, they have the same amount of talent. You like those early score days and I don't know if you look at him fondly because of that or what?

Oh don't shit on his joy! There is no joy to be had with this guy, he's serious and deep!

Maybe bigfan can chime in and then again maybe not but you got to be kidding me! He's tiring to listen to.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Princess Candyman will be in an extra pissy mood from his late night and early morning board lurking.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 am 

:lol:

Right, UMN. That's the best part. He probably read it already

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
:lol:

Right, UMN. That's the best part. He probably read it already

Like a moth to the flame.

My thread and its acidic contents will cause Meats fragile ego to corrode.

Maybe Buster was right?

Where is Buster?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:35 am 

Someguy, I am very proud of you and all of your efforts here. Now, if you can get just Meat kicked in the sack and to the curb life will be that much better.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:40 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Someguy, I am very proud of you and all of your efforts here. Now, if you can get just Meat kicked in the sack and to the curb life will be that much better.

Thank you, Hawg, you are a true ally and genuine anonymous internet pal.

These show threads are not a cheer leading section, not a fan-club and certainly not a haven for Mac/Meat sycophants. These threads are intended to be a mirror for the show to look at, to see itself and what is has become....the good, the bad, the prissy and the apathetic.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 am 

Alright, strap in, strap it on and open your minds.

Leading with hockey! Hockey! HOCKEY!!!

Bring it on, Mac! Huge game tonight, take as much time as you need. I don't care about Jay Cutlers body language, D-Roses being a pussy or the Chicago Rush and their chances for a ring.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 am 

Any day without shitty Chicago baseball talk is good with me. Gonna be a long summer, hope Mac has saved a few vacation days

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 am 

the ghost of t-dub wrote:
Any day without shitty Chicago baseball talk is good with me. Gonna be a long summer, hope Mac has saved a few vacation days

Oh, I'm sure Mac has a plethora of vacation days stored up for the dry summer months. Meat probably scheduled a bunch of Tributo shows as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:31 am 

This whole "Community - Cross Pollination" talk is going to definitely set up an insufferable BernSTINE transition. Oh well, that shit is hours away.

And, let us be honest, no one gives a flying fuck about the BP Cup. The teams are terrible, they aren't going anywhere soon and it's just bad baseball. There is no heat.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 am 

SomeGuy wrote:

Oh, I'm sure Mac has a plethora of vacation days stored up for the dry summer months. Meat probably scheduled a bunch of Tributo shows as well.

After July it won't matter my friend.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:42 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

That's what the rumors are saying.....

Hmmmmm, who takes his spot? Finfer? Someone from the outside?

Meat must be feelin' the heat.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Goff

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:48 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Goff

Is there still heat between him and Danny Mac or was that just a figment of our imagination? It was probably Mac just teaching Goff a valuable lesson about the business, I think Goff has learned it well. I wouldn't mind this pairing at all, Goff is pretty solid in all areas and seems to bring out good stuff in Mac. He is sharpening his skills in Atlanta, so maybe there is a future chance? Anyone know how long his contract is?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
no Goff.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

I think Finfer is a real candidate. It's too bad the Score will not be likely to take a swing at signing Jurko. They won't probably want to spend the money it would take to sign him away though.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:24 am 

Wasn't it mentioned that Jurko has a no compete clause?

I like Jurko but he's asleep most of the time, is that because he hates the show he is on now (who could blame him) or because his tank is on empty?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:25 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

I thought there was a couple contracts that end next month, not July? Anyways, there's a good chance Spiegel has already re-signed. Him and Mac had a couple discussions last week about contracts and Spiegs alluded to something about making sure you know the fine print in re: signing a deal. Included "we founded out about that on Monday, didn't we?" or something like that.

So, I think Mac and Spiegs have already re-upped, but if not, it will definitely be Mac and Finfer.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah there was a recent mentioning something they learned HR related.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac cannot possibly think he can just skate by with the show "as is?"

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:34 am 

pittmike wrote:
Yeah there was a recent mentioning something they learned HR related.

I wonder what was in the fine print? What could they be alluding too?

More remotes? Less vacation days? Meat can't miss 40% of the total radio shows per year?

I bet they are back together, that's fine, the ratings are solid.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:45 am 

Jurko is not going to The SCORE

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:49 am 

The fine print was probably about the camera being in studio even though they are "radio" hosts.

Why would you think "fine print" would lead to them being reupped? That should be in the biggest print on the contract.

We'd all know if they were all given new deals.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The fine print was probably about the camera being in studio even though they are "radio" hosts.

Why would you think "fine print" would lead to them being reupped? That should be in the biggest print on the contract.

Who is this directed at?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Who is this directed at?
If you read the thread you wouldn't have to ask.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Who is this directed at?
If you read the thread you wouldn't have to ask.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why wouldn't you think that?

It was (as someone alluded to earlier) about amount of remotes, vacation days, Sox shortened days, etc and making sure, as hosts, you know all about that when you put the pen to the paper on an extension.