It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Except for Mac and Meat, those two clowns can't seem find their way to the studio on a consistent basis! What is the deal with that? Anyways, let us pray Mac isn't in bed sleeping off an O'Douls hangover, clothed in nothing but a jock strap and an old Eric Daze sweater. I bet MeatPants will be there, maybe, I think...who knows. I'm sure he had to become Chad Kroger, last night so maybe his voice is shot and he's at home, pizza in his lap, slathered in ranch, rolled up like a giant taco, with a scarf around his neck and a glass of honey tea on the stand. With his favorite ripped boxers on and nothing else. Who knows, who really knows....all I know is day deece two guyz better be in to take us to FunkyTown and lead us in glorious celebration.

-HOCKEY
-Gambling talk as Mac probably lost a mortgage payment or two on the game.
-Textbooks will be out, tests will be given.
-Traps will be set for the evil and duplicitous BernSTINE, tread carefully, Meat!
-Giddy, happy and totally pumped is the vibe today. Nothing can stop the train as talk off a back to back run is discussed
-"Train" talk leads to awkward schlong talk from Mac. Meat eats a hotdog.
-Baseball? Trade deadline, probably.
-Interviews from people who are tired of giving interviews.
-Hopefully a prank call to Mut and Merloni to spice the proceedings up.
-All sorts of "Score Hockey Experts" will be called in....like That Producer Guy, Roz, Rosenbloom, Another Producer Guy....maybe Goff calls in in tell us that he knew all along and that we best believe. Why the fuck not.
-BernSTINE's kids youth hockey coach is also called onto the show. He's good, you can tell his influence 1-6. Ship it, dude.

That's it, folks, that's all. Hockey, hockey and more hockey. We asked for it, though, our hockey hero's have won again...made us proud and now advance to a month of drunken hijinks.

Listen or don't, it's your loss...this is the best show on The Score, deal with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I will be listening 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 am 

pittmike wrote:
I will be listening 8)

Good call, Pittmike, you have my respect.

It will be a giddy show today, fun filled and action packed. 9-1pm is the place to be, after that....I dunno.....I'm sure 1-6 will be packed with lectures, racial accusations and someone playing the role of a radio host who knows hockey.

Who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 am 

Jurko is in at 7 am today on the day after the favorite team of his lifetime won a championship.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:51 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Jurko is in at 7 am today on the day after the favorite team of his lifetime won a championship.

Jurok is a professional who values what he does.

He would be a wonderful addition to the sloths at 670 THE SCORE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Has it been confirmed yet that princess candyman was tired last night and bailed in the 2nd period?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Has it been confirmed yet that princess candyman was tired last night and bailed in the 2nd period?

No he tweeted some pics of the celebration.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 am 

WHOA....WHOA.....WHOA....

What? Did Meat really bail? Where did you hear this? Is he even coming in to work today? I know the Mac and Meat Show is a part-time gig but he still has an obligation to fulfill.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
SomeGuy wrote:

WHOA....WHOA.....WHOA....

What? Did Meat really bail? Where did you hear this? Is he even coming in to work today? I know the Mac and Meat Show is a part-time gig but he still has an obligation to fulfill.

I guess he stayed but that means he will have to take 6 weeks off of work to recover. Wait......July is only a few days away!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 am 
1000 CLUB

SomeGuy wrote:
Except for Mac and Meat, those two clowns can't seem find their way to the studio on a consistent basis! What is the deal with that? Anyways, let us pray Mac isn't in bed sleeping off an O'Douls hangover, clothed in nothing but a jock strap and an old Eric Daze sweater. I bet MeatPants will be there, maybe, I think...who knows. I'm sure he had to become Chad Kroger, last night so maybe his voice is shot and he's at home, pizza in his lap, slathered in ranch, rolled up like a giant taco, with a scarf around his neck and a glass of honey tea on the stand. With his favorite ripped boxers on and nothing else. Who knows, who really knows....all I know is day deece two guyz better be in to take us to FunkyTown and lead us in glorious celebration.

-HOCKEY
-Gambling talk as Mac probably lost a mortgage payment or two on the game.
-Textbooks will be out, tests will be given.
-Traps will be set for the evil and duplicitous BernSTINE, tread carefully, Meat!
-Giddy, happy and totally pumped is the vibe today. Nothing can stop the train as talk off a back to back run is discussed
-"Train" talk leads to awkward schlong talk from Mac. Meat eats a hotdog.
-Baseball? Trade deadline, probably.
-Interviews from people who are tired of giving interviews.
-Hopefully a prank call to Mut and Merloni to spice the proceedings up.
-All sorts of "Score Hockey Experts" will be called in....like That Producer Guy, Roz, Rosenbloom, Another Producer Guy....maybe Goff calls in in tell us that he knew all along and that we best believe. Why the fuck not.
-BernSTINE's kids youth hockey coach is also called onto the show. He's good, you can tell his influence 1-6. Ship it, dude.

That's it, folks, that's all. Hockey, hockey and more hockey. We asked for it, though, our hockey hero's have won again...made us proud and now advance to a month of drunken hijinks.

Listen or don't, it's your loss...this is the best show on The Score, deal with it.

This. Is. Awesome! :lol:

I wouldn't miss today's show for anything.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:07 am 
1000 CLUB

In praising the Hawks, Meat just said, "They could have relaxed, and saved it for game 7." Are you serial? Matt, you're the one that takes a half assed approach to your job.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:12 am 

Meat with a barb at Mutt and Merloni! Dumping on Boston and their poor sports prospects, atta boy!

Good show, thus far. Glad both of them could make it.

Now Meat is waxing poetic about hockey players and "falling for" the sport of hockey. Gimmie a break, MEat!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac bought Spiegel a $34 shot of Johnny Walker Blue. I hope it helped his throat! :lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
We're getting a heavy dose of the Spiegel slow, breathless-awe voice today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Indeed.

Mac is letting him drive the show.....it's ok, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Did Spiegel just take a shot at Schuster? Something about how he needed to prove his relationship with Rocky Wirtz?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Spiegel's breathing is eerily similar to Gandolfini's on the last few seasons of the Sopranos.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Dallas Winston wrote:
Spiegel's breathing is eerily similar to Gandolfini's on the last few seasons of the Sopranos.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

He's kind of like Laurence in that he thinks the mundane is really, really, interesting and worthy of breathless wonder.

Why are they forcing this marsh peg thing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Irish Bill is a moron. Calls in just to take a not-so-veiled shot at some great Bulls teams. And Mac and Meat entertain it. There's so much wrong with his contention that this Hawks team is the best Chicago team since the '85 Bears, I don't know where to begin. This Hawks team isn't close to as good as the one that won the Cup in 2010. Every hockey fan knows that. With cap rules you aren't likely to see a team as good as that one anytime soon. Big Chief MacHawk should know that. I know Zawaski knows it.

And then, I'm not sure how you compare across sports, but the Bulls had some great teams. And Meat is just wrong in citing the 72-10 team which wasn't better than the first threepeat teams when Jordan was at his absolute peak.

Finally, their ignorance of the greatness of the 2005 White Sox is willful and contumacious evidence of Mac's disdain for baseball in general and Spiegel's disdain for the Sox in particular. A 99 win team that rolled through the playoff at 11-1. And four complete games to take the pennant is something that we likely won't see again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Dallas Winston wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Finally, their ignorance of the greatness of the 2005 White Sox is willful and contumacious evidence of Mac's disdain for baseball in general and Spiegel's disdain for the Sox in particular.

Damn, I had to to look that up. I don't think I ever heard that word before.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Irish Bill is a moron. Calls in just to take a not-so-veiled shot at some great Bulls teams. And Mac and Meat entertain it. There's so much wrong with his contention that this Hawks team is the best Chicago team since the '85 Bears, I don't know where to begin. This Hawks team isn't close to as good as the one that won the Cup in 2010. Every hockey fan knows that. With cap rules you aren't likely to see a team as good as that one anytime soon. Big Chief MacHawk should know that. I know Zawaski knows it.

And then, I'm not sure how you compare across sports, but the Bulls had some great teams. And Meat is just wrong in citing the 72-10 team which wasn't better than the first threepeat teams when Jordan was at his absolute peak.

Finally, their ignorance of the greatness of the 2005 White Sox is willful and contumacious evidence of Mac's disdain for baseball in general and Spiegel's disdain for the Sox in particular. A 99 win team that rolled through the playoff at 11-1. And four complete games to take the pennant is something that we likely won't see again.

Right there with you JORR. Great post.

They let Irish Bill on the air and let him ramble forever, as well, to see confirmation of Mac's thoughts on hockey compared to other sports and to lamely (and wrongly) convince himself that this 'Hawks team is super great and in the pantheon of "GOAT" Chicago sports teams to somehow cover up his lack of knowledge of other sports. Meat was wrong on the 72-10 team (Although it was truly great) but he was a guy from Boston, what does he know about early 90's Bulls teams?

And the 2005 White Sox team was a wire to wire 1st place team that survived a near choke into a wild card position and went on to utterly dominate in the post season. I know the a Chicago hockey team just won the Stanley Cup....but let's not get all sports stupid here, OKAY MAC AND MEAT?!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dallas Winston wrote:

Given recent events, it could be a lot worse for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Finally, their ignorance of the greatness of the 2005 White Sox is willful and contumacious evidence of Mac's disdain for baseball in general and Spiegel's disdain for the Sox in particular.

Damn, I had to to look that up. I don't think I ever heard that word before.

JORR has excellent diction!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:58 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

Given recent events, it could be a lot worse for him.

:shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

A real hockey fan knows the exact opposite actually.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Meat with a barb at Mutt and Merloni! Dumping on Boston and their poor sports prospects, atta boy!

Zawaski took a small shot at WEEI last night around 1130

Dont think we'll be hearing from the WEEI guys tomorrow.

I listened to WEEI on the way in. The hosts are really Fans. Not a bad thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:31 am 

I would have called WEEI to gloat if I were them. They want to go meatball, give them the entire sack.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:33 am 

I didn't even know Irish Bill still existed. That guy used to bug the piss out of me in the early days of the Score.