It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Oh boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Today at noon. Maybe they will keep Larry and go three way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Tobin's
Sounds more likely to me, at noon, on a Friday, that he'll be explaining why he's leaving, or what he's on a prolonged absence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
"Dan McNeil returns today at noon, and the Mac and Spiegs show will reconvene.
I know many of you have hungered for information and details about the show; I’m sorry I haven’t been able to respond and provide them along the way. The situation was simply too delicate personally, legally, and professionally to comment on publicly.
I look forward to Mac being able to tell you about his absence and return, in his words, as he sees fit.
Laurence Holmes is a complete pro, a great host, and a phenomenal teammate. It’s been awesome to work with him these 7 weeks and get a rhythm going; I enjoyed my radio tryst. We appreciate those of you that stuck with us, or found us and stayed.
Game on. Let the Iron Man streak begin anew. -- Spiegs."

So there was a contract dispute?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Now that is the definition of a tease!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
"Dan McNeil returns today at noon, and the Mac and Spiegs show will reconvene.
I know many of you have hungered for information and details about the show; I’m sorry I haven’t been able to respond and provide them along the way. The situation was simply too delicate personally, legally, and professionally to comment on publicly.
I look forward to Mac being able to tell you about his absence and return, in his words, as he sees fit.
Laurence Holmes is a complete pro, a great host, and a phenomenal teammate. It’s been awesome to work with him these 7 weeks and get a rhythm going; I enjoyed my radio tryst. We appreciate those of you that stuck with us, or found us and stayed.
Game on. Let the Iron Man streak begin anew. -- Spiegs."

So there was a contract dispute?

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=83791&start=49

I told you Mac hated starting so early. He will now be working from noon to one each day.

JORR: I was right! :lol:

Beardown: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:31 am 

It's such a warm, feel-good holiday message for us all that a lazy, no-talent malcontent can keep getting second, third, fourth . . . chances to do a Chicago sports radio show and keep demonstrating exactly just how lazy, untalented, and malconent he is. It's a wonderful life, isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
And with all of that, Pappy's and Gloop with certainly have their radios tuned to 670am at noon.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
funny how the guys who are decent at radio don't really want to do it that much and the guys who suck at it, really really LOVE doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I don't listen to this show because I think both McNeil and Spiegel are both total douchebag diva putzes, but I would think that with ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the other available options for mundane workday entertainment that exist, some of your blind loyalty to a radio host is wasted on a guy whose best days are obviously way behind him. I still remember back in the end of 2000, when I had no idea what the score even was, I listened to 1000 for Dan Patrick (anyone remember Phil the showkiller?), Tony Kornheiser (ANDY POLEY!!!!) and Huge and Lou. So then I left for L.A. beginning of 2001, came back a few months later only to find 3 mouthbreathing stereotypes on the air during the afternoons. That show turned out to be MJH, none of whom I'd ever heard of, and never wished to again. With podcasts, Spotify, et al, I just don't understand why someone with such a cushy radio gig would repeatedly bite the mouth that feeds him, and feeds him well.
Anyway, fuck Danny Mac, fuck Grimace, fuck Holmes.
Ya'll could be listening to Jim Rome's Year in Review today. Instead, you'll wait with baited breath to hear more sanctimonious bullshit from your fearless leader. Have fun.
Rack me, I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
shirtless driver wrote:
I don't listen to this show because I think both McNeil and Spiegel are both total douchebag diva putzes, but I would think that with ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the other available options for mundane workday entertainment that exist, some of your blind loyalty to a radio host is wasted on a guy whose best days are obviously way behind him. I still remember back in the end of 2000, when I had no idea what the score even was, I listened to 1000 for Dan Patrick (anyone remember Phil the showkiller?), Tony Kornheiser (ANDY POLEY!!!!) and Huge and Lou. So then I left for L.A. beginning of 2001, came back a few months later only to find 3 mouthbreathing stereotypes on the air during the afternoons. That show turned out to be MJH, none of whom I'd ever heard of, and never wished to again. With podcasts, Spotify, et al, I just don't understand why someone with such a cushy radio gig would repeatedly bite the mouth that feeds him, and feeds him well.
Ya'll could be listening to Jim Rome's Year in Review today. Instead, you'll wait with baited breath to hear more sanctimonious bullshit from your fearless leader. Have fun.
Rack me, I'm out.

I long for the Dan Patrick Home Run Bell. Made me laugh every time. DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:14 am 

WELCOME BACK, MAC. NOW, GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX.

JUST KIDDING, GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK. BLACKHAWK TALK JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thanks, shirtless, for trotting in on your high horses and telling us what we should and shouldn't listen to. I happen to think there is no bigger asshole on the air than Jim Rome (Bernsteen is a close 2nd), but I'm not going to tell anyone what they should have playing in the background. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Today at noon. Maybe they will keep Larry and go three way

Elmhurst Shreve wrote:
More of a 2.6-way ....

... c'mon idiots ... learn basic fractions and American history ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Thanks, shirtless, for trotting in on your high horses and telling us what we should and shouldn't listen to. I happen to think there is no bigger asshole on the air than Jim Rome (Bernsteen is a close 2nd), but I'm not going to tell anyone what they should have playing in the background. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

I said you COULD be listening to Jim Rome, not you should be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hi,
I mentioned in a previous thread that one of the SCR update guys said a few days ago that he will be filling in for Lawrence tonight (6pm show). That kind of told me that Loho was going back to the dungeon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
This does make our guy, Chus, look a little bad. Zawaski appears to be correct.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
funny how the guys who are decent at radio don't really want to do it that much and the guys who suck at it, really really LOVE doing it.

you always say sensical things. i completely agree. its like pro athletes.

north is an exception. he really really wants to do radio... so glad he got a gig again!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:34 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I said you COULD be listening to Jim Rome, not you should be.

jim rome is a creepy dude. he makes women feel awkward

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Jim Rome might own this years Kentucky Derby winner,so he has that going for him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 am 

well thats great maybe he will have enough money to get laid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Rome is the only one who knows how to do those sports minutes. he's pretty good at those.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:12 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Rome is the only one who knows how to do those sports minutes. he's pretty good at those.

meh.. i suppose he does them better then anyone else ill give you that... but is that an accomplishment going against bummer essiasin?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:13 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Jim Rome might own this years Kentucky Derby winner,so he has that going for him.
I thought wives were off limits?

a horse wouldnt say I DO to that guy even if his name was ED and it was able to talk.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I am VERY happy to hear this good news. This Christmas present came a bit early!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Blackcloud wrote:
WELCOME BACK, MAC...BLACKHAWK TALK JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd be looking forward to hearing some indoor canadian soccer on ice talk.

shirtless driver wrote:
Rack me, I'm out.

You listened to Huge and Lou but have the balls to question anyone else's choice in programming.

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
This does make our guy, Chus, look a little bad. Zawaski appears to be correct.

The whole thing was a joke that took on a life of it's own. He asked why Foley was in a bad mood, so I said it was because of Mac's situation. It was just an absurd response, but he took it seriously. He wanted to make a thing of it, and I obliged. You follow me on twitter. I don't go around antagonizing people, I have fun with it.

When you break it down, JZ is the one that looks bad. His reasoning was faulty. "How could Mac go to ESPN, when he is signed until June?" I don't know. A buyout, or he waits until June? He acted as if those two options were impossible, and to be dismissed. When you factor in Mac's history of burning bridges, seeing greener grass on the other side, and his obvious desire to do afternoon drive, the rumors were not out of line.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:

Agree. Even the bad ones are miles ahead of the other boobs, like John Feinstein, Boomer Esiason, and Tom Tolbert.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:23 am 

I have no idea why he would be on at noon only to announce he is returning to his 9 am show. Hijinks are afoot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next